Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SDC Handmade Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>
Author
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2022 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

it's main characteristics are the lightness and the loud sound it produces on hard impact. This makes it a very user friendly and pleasant fiber to play with.
Sounds like a very interesting material. Wink

Not very interesting for me, this is by far the hardest material I have to cut 😫

Originally posted by Harald Harald wrote:

Hey @Magig_M its me from the german Site.
you wouldnt only love to play it,but you have to "hear" it.
Could recommend Sergó to all.

Thanks!
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Sponsored Links

Harald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2022 at 8:22am
Hey @Magig_M its me from the german Site.
you wouldnt only love to play it,but you have to "hear" it.
Could recommend Sergó to all.

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2022 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

it's main characteristics are the lightness and the loud sound it produces on hard impact. This makes it a very user friendly and pleasant fiber to play with.
Sounds like a very interesting material. Wink
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2022 at 3:36am
This blade introduces a new fiber I've been using - Spectra.

Spectra and Dyneema (used by Tibhar) are Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene fibers. This remarkably durable material is one of the world’s strongest and lightest fibers. Performance wise, this fiber feels soft, with a moderate speed and sweet spot increase, but it's main characteristics are the lightness and the loud sound it produces on hard impact. This makes it a very user friendly and pleasant fiber to play with.

The handle one is Mexican Granadillo, a very hard and heavy wood.

- Framiré / Spectra / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Spectra / Framiré
- 90.0g
- 6.15mm
- 1442Hz
- Balance: 1.9cm (Very Low)

SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2022 at 3:54am
And once in a while, this handle comes along 🙂

Left:
- Smoked Eucalyptus / Ayous / Textreme-Carbon / Ayous / Textreme-Carbon / Ayous / Smoked Eucalyptus
- 88.7g
- 5.9mm
- 1335Hz
- Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

Right:
- Koto / Glassfiber-Carbon / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Glassfiber-Carbon / Koto
- 88.9g
- 5.7mm
- 1507Hz
- Balance: 2.2cm (Low/Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2022 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

You just had to do it and now it's done!!! I enjoy a lot the flirtation with art and history. 
I bet it's the kind of blade you don't mind not to sell, it is also fine it it thrones in the middle of a display at your shop. Clap

I'm not very nostalgic about these blades, I had to learn to be detached, otherwise I would have some problems letting go from a few. My "shop" is just a portion of a garage, not even the whole thing! I'm probably the blade builder with less conditions and tools 😅.

Anyway, it's gone...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2022 at 4:27am
You just had to do it and now it's done!!! I enjoy a lot the flirtation with art and history. 
I bet it's the kind of blade you don't mind not to sell, it is also fine it it thrones in the middle of a display at your shop. Clap
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2022 at 3:43am
I'm not gonna argue how this shape will give you a bigger sweetspot or whatever... Honestly, I just wanted to make a defensive blade in the shape of a shield. When I think of a shield, the Knights Templar come to mind, hence the whole theme. The thick Mahogany outer layers make this blade relatively hard and stiff, so it's not a classic chopping blade but more suitable for a modern defender.

Sold.

- Mahoghany / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Mahoghany
- 93.2g
- 5.8mm
- 160x153mm
- ST (105x31x22.5mm)
- 1335Hz
- Balance: 3.7cm (Med)

Edited by Hipnotic - 05/23/2022 at 6:52pm
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2022 at 3:31am
This one will be representing Portugal in the 2022 European Veterans Championships, to be held in Italy next month.

- Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba
- 90.0g
- 6.0mm
- 1270Hz
- Balance: 2.7cm (Low)

Edited by Hipnotic - 05/20/2022 at 3:34am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2022 at 3:09am

Is he gonna sell it?

I have the blade the blade now, I removed the handles and we are going to put them in a different blade.
Ergosquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ergosquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 6:45pm
I love the color of the blue fig.

Edited by Ergosquare - 05/18/2022 at 6:50pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 5:35pm
Is he gonna sell it?
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 5:14pm

Somebody's bold shit may be somebody else's gold shot. I once tried a 90g+ Borko blade that had a big thin head and a low balance so it did not feel that heavy and t was vibrating a lot. Is that the issue here? the vibrations and huge flex? past the initial setback, I insisted playing it and adapted to the dwell that was like waiting for the echo after yelling in the mountains, it was another game of placement and spin instead of fast counter driving featuring more flat hits like I naturally go for. It gave me a great experience, I felt like a table tennis monk learning the deepness of the game for a few weeks. I got tired of it because bang-bang is more fun to me but I am glad I went through it.

Not really, the opposite in fact. We were going for a inner type composition but without a composite layer, with Ebony in it's place. The composition is similar to one I had made, but this time I used a vertical Ebony layer to achieve more stiffness, which it did, compared to that one. The problem is that the Ebony layer is still relatively thick, and that made the blade feel kind of numb.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 4:47am
Somebody's bold shit may be somebody else's gold shot. I once tried a 90g+ Borko blade that had a big thin head and a low balance so it did not feel that heavy and t was vibrating a lot. Is that the issue here? the vibrations and huge flex? past the initial setback, I insisted playing it and adapted to the dwell that was like waiting for the echo after yelling in the mountains, it was another game of placement and spin instead of fast counter driving featuring more flat hits like I naturally go for. It gave me a great experience, I felt like a table tennis monk learning the deepness of the game for a few weeks. I got tired of it because bang-bang is more fun to me but I am glad I went through it.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2022 at 4:02am
This was a custom order for a anti/SP player. We took a risk on the composition and unfortunately it played like a 💩, but damn it was pretty...

- Limba / Blue Fig / Ebony / Ayous / Ebony / Blue Fig / Limba
- 92.2g
- 5.95mm
- 1290Hz

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2022 at 4:18am
No bells and whistles, just a reliable 7 ply blade with a nice and soft feeling, and a chunky ST handle.

Available FS.

- Limba / Limba / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Limba / Limba
- 86.0g
- 6.2mm
- 157x150mm
- ST (100x28.5x24mm)
- 1313Hz
- Balance: 3.3cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2022 at 4:18am
"Valkyrie". Two custom blades based on the W968.

- Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Limba
- 88.3 and 88.1g
- 6.0mm
- 1313Hz
- Balance: 3.0cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2022 at 4:11am
Fast, low throw, compact feeling and head size.

Available FS.

- Limba / A-C / Limba / WRC / Limba / A-C / Limba
- 86.8g
- 5.9mm
- 155x150mm
- ST (102x28.5x23mm)
- 1464Hz
- Balance: 3.9cm (High)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2022 at 3:35am
Custom order asymmetric blade.

- Smoked Eucalyptus / Ayous / TC90 / Ayous / Ayous / SZLC / limba
- 86.2g
- 5.75mm
- 1442Hz
- Balance: 2.4cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2022 at 3:18am
Custom order

- Poplar / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / Poplar
- 88g
- 5.8mm
- 1230Hz

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2022 at 5:54am
Wow that's a big S! 😁 The blade is based on a Ovtcharov ALC, inner fiber with a bigger head size and a thicker core. However, this is a very light specimen, which will of course compromise power, but at the same time makes it very nimble for close to the table play.

- Limba / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / Limba
- 80.4g
- 6.2mm
- 158x152mm
- ST (98x24x28mm)
- 1356Hz

Edited by Hipnotic - 05/04/2022 at 3:17am
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2022 at 10:48pm
Nice colour !
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2022 at 4:03am
Custom order, based on a Nittaku Goriki but with a standard head size.

- Walnut / Walnut / Walnut / Walnut / Walnut
- 101.2g
- 5.1mm
- 990Hz

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2022 at 4:15am
This is not a blade for spin. It's relatively stiff, but quite slow on the Willow side, which will produce low arc disruptive shots by using LP's. The Spruce side, supported by a hard Rosewood layer, will help finishing the point using fast and direct shots.

Available FS.

- Spruce / Rosewood / Balsa / Ayous / Willow
- 69.6g
- 6.5mm
- 157x150mm
- STSQ (27.5x22.5x100mm)
- 1335Hz
- 2.1cm (Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2022 at 4:32am
Custom order

- Kumamoto Hinoki / TC160 / Balsa / TC160 / Kumamoto Hinoki
- 73g
- 8.3mm
- 1940Hz
- Balance: 1.5cm (Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2022 at 4:11pm
Custom order.

- Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Koto
- 89.5g
- 5.75mm
- 1421Hz
- Balance: 2.5cm (Low)

Edited by Hipnotic - 04/20/2022 at 4:16pm
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2022 at 7:40am
I haven't been posting a lot of penhold blades, that's my fault, I will try to do it more often. This one is a very light specimen, very stiff but relatively soft due to the AxC fiber. The low weight brings the speed down a bit, but it's still a very fast blade in the bottom of the OFF+ range.

Available FS.

- Kiso Hinoki / AxC / Kiri / AxC / Kiso Hinoki
- 74.6g
- 7.4mm
- 160x150mm
- CS (82x25x33mm)
- 1745Hz
- balance: 3.3cm

Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2022 at 5:02am

What a beauty! 

I notice a trend where blades get lighter 80-85g, thinner 5.5-6mm and in the 1350hz range. This is probably what makes the most sense for the great majority of people, amateurs and pros.

As hipnotic stated, the blade is not as fast as the frequency might suggest. Plays more like a +-1150 blade. Think the balance also plays a roll in how fast it feels, as a blade that's more head heavy tends to feel faster for me.
Innerforce ALC, FH: Tenergy 19, BH:EL-P
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2022 at 5:41pm
This could've been much lighter if it weren't for the handle. Also, it's one of those cases where the frequency might denote a different speed than what it really has.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2022 at 1:09pm
What a beauty! 

I notice a trend where blades get lighter 80-85g, thinner 5.5-6mm and in the 1350hz range. This is probably what makes the most sense for the great majority of people, amateurs and pros.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>
  Share Topic