FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Blocking long pips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
deyakshoka View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deyakshoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blocking long pips
    Posted: 02/28/2020 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by ericto ericto wrote:

looks like you run into a member of my brotherhood, into a long pips chop blocker,  he is from "the dark side" defined as one who enjoys frustrating inverted players.  You have yet to meet the push blocker also from the darkbside.  😀😀

What long pips rubber does  P.Dassonval use ? What blade ?

I have seen PushBlocker say he uses Tibhar Grass DTec.  Unless he changed.
What blade does he use ?

What are some other blocking long pips rubbers ?  Are some European rubbers like Dr.Neubauer etc more diabolical ?  

Who are some of  world's best blocking long pips players these days in men & women ?

What does Amelia Solja use ? 
Sponsored Links

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2020 at 11:29pm
Amelie doesn’t use LP at all! She plays with frictionless anti on backhand, according to Dr. Neubauer’s website ABS2 2.5mm.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
deyakshoka View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deyakshoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2020 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Amelie doesn’t use LP at all! She plays with frictionless anti on backhand, according to Dr. Neubauer’s website ABS2 2.5mm.

That is quite interesting because it is amazing she can play at such high level these days using anti and blocking.  Initially I would tend to think a 2000 looper can loop the crap out of her anti blocks. Obviously not, as she probably is around 2300 or better.  I guess she is a natural born table tennis player & it runs in the family (Petrissa) & looks like she has  great reflexes & incredible feel for the ball like Deng Yaping, who was also short & stocky. They almost never step back from the table it seems.  Coming to think of hardly backing away from the table, the Chinese born Spanish player He Shewen is far more amazing, all the more so given his advanced age and also because he is old type penholder (not RPH)

I also thought she used to play with long pips before.  

Edited by deyakshoka - 02/28/2020 at 11:53pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2020 at 11:53pm
Amelie played with frictionless LP until they were banned in like 2008 (?) and after that switched to frictionless antis. These are quite different from classic antis (like BTY super anti) in that they have spin reversal but are difficult to play with.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2020 at 2:03am
Originally posted by deyakshoka deyakshoka wrote:

[QUOTE=ericto]What are some other blocking long pips rubbers ?  Are some European rubbers like Dr.Neubauer etc more diabolical ? 

Some other similar'ish rubbers could be ..
  • Spinglord Dornenglanz 
  • Der-Materialspezialist Kamkaze
  • Giant Dragon Talon (I was under the impression that PushBlocker uses some version of this LP)
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2020 at 7:37am

Amelie played with frictionless LP until they were banned in like 2008 (?) and after that switched to frictionless antis. These are quite different from classic antis (like BTY super anti) in that they have spin reversal but are difficult to play with.

Hi,

[Stretching the memory "banks" (as they used to say)], I recall in the ITTF version of Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre, many rubbers were banned, with the good Dr. Neubauer leading the pack of the disenfranchised.  This memory includes banning frictionless pips but also some antis' that I remember as characterized as frictionless.  I never looked at the technical notes on the banning criteria.

How close am I?

Thanks.  
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2020 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Veet Veet wrote:

[QUOTE=ericto]What are some other blocking long pips rubbers ?  Are some European rubbers like Dr.Neubauer etc more diabolical ? 

Some other similar'ish rubbers could be ..
  • Spinglord Dornenglanz 
  • <span style="color: rgb85, 85, 85; font-family: arimoregular, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Der-Materialspezialist Kamkaze</span>
  • <span style="color: rgb85, 85, 85; font-family: arimoregular, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Giant Dragon Talon (I was under the impression that PushBlocker uses some version of this LP)</span>

You are absolutely right.. I use Giant Dragon Dragon Talon NATIONAL TEAM.
The National Team version is the same as regular Talon but with a softer rubber mix. It's very hard to find it.. Most places are sold out in red ox...
From all the blocking rubbers out there, Talon National Team has the most consistent low trajectory and great "braking" effect to take pace off the ball when blocking..

Edited by Pushblocker - 02/29/2020 at 9:18am
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2020 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

[Stretching the memory "banks" (as they used to say)], I recall in the ITTF version of Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre, many rubbers were banned, with the good Dr. Neubauer leading the pack of the disenfranchised.  This memory includes banning frictionless pips but also some antis' that I remember as characterized as frictionless.  I never looked at the technical notes on the banning criteria.

How close am I?

Only low friction pips were banned. Antispin has no friction requirement.

Thanks.  

Only pips have a minimal friction requirement. No requirement on anti or regular inverted.

Edited by vanjr - 02/29/2020 at 12:12pm
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 12:27am
Hi Oliver,

Seeing you on the forums, after a long time .. good to know that you're still active on the forums.. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 12:49am

I think the best anti player now is a italian girl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 1:19am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

According to the world ranking not! Solja is 77 and Laurenti is 198.
P.S.: Ayhika Mukherjee is higher ranked than Laurenti at 121.

Edited by Matt Pimple - 03/01/2020 at 1:24am

My Feedback
DobaikSuneew View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DobaikSuneew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 1:54am

I assume you work for Dr.Neubauer ??   (nothing wrong with that... I just posted in For Sale section seeking used Dr.Neubauer blades / rubbers myself ) 
You are quoting all Dr.Neubauer sponsored players as highest ?  LOL

Manika Batra was as high as #47 it seems but she is at #67 now
But there has to be someone higher than #67 

Edited by DobaikSuneew - 03/01/2020 at 1:57am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 11:53am

Initially I would tend to think a 2000 looper can loop the crap out of her anti blocks. Obviously not, as she probably is around 2300 or better. 

Women who are inside the world top 100 are a LOT better than 2300.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Initially I would tend to think a 2000 looper can loop the crap out of her anti blocks. Obviously not, as she probably is around 2300 or better. 

It is insulting to think she's only 2300. It's also tone deaf to not realize how extremely low a level 2300 is relative to international level players and even more so to someone ranked in the ITTF top 100.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by DobaikSuneew DobaikSuneew wrote:

I assume you work for Dr.Neubauer ??   (nothing wrong with that... I just posted in For Sale section seeking used Dr.Neubauer blades / rubbers myself ) 

Who said aynika use neubauer rubbers?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

It is insulting to think she's only 2300. It's also tone deaf to not realize how extremely low a level 2300 is relative to international level players and even more so to someone ranked in the ITTF top 100.

Alternatively, really ignorant.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 9:41pm

Who said aynika use neubauer rubbers?
Dr. Neubauer does on his website as he is sponsoring Ayhika.

My Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by DobaikSuneew DobaikSuneew wrote:

I do not work for Dr. Neubauer and I am not sponsored by him either but I do like his antis. Above we were talking about ANTI players and two very good anti players happen to play Dr. N rubbers. Manika plays LN ox (so not with anti).

My Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic