FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Good BH rubber for punching.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good BH rubber for punching.
    Posted: 02/19/2007 at 11:24pm
I am currently using innova on my backhand and H3 on my forehand. now its time to replace rubbers. im going to use another h3 for sure but as for my backhand rubber im not quite sure what to get. I enjoy punching quite a bit, but i do also loop very often (opening attacks, away from the table, etc.) I mainly use punching as an alternative to blocking. Innova is quite good but I dislike that it is not very elastic. so for my next rubber i am hesitating between JO waldner and Sriver El. And I am wondering how these rubbers hold up in terms of hardness, elasticity, speed and control.

Cheers, Pip
Sponsored Links

WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 1:02am
what blade do u use? Seeing that u use H3 for FH and a softer BH rubber, ur a power looper that i assume can generate good arm speed and pace. With that said i suggest trying sriver fx (depending on ur blade) because it will keep the ball on the table consistently and is great for opening loops. I think i play a similar style to yours and u mainly look for that FH loop kill. Just wanna know what blade u use. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 2:44am
whats a powerlooper?

i see that term thrown around quite abit, and i think too loosly. powerloopers are pretty rare until you get to 2000 or so canadian, and even then they are rare.
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 6:17pm
ya well i wouldnt qualify myself as a power looper. but yes i do generally look for the FH loop-kill. 3rd ball attacks are my strength. and i am using stiga energy wood blade. is sriver fx good for punching then. i figured it would be easier to punch with something a little bit harder no? oh wel li am open to options.
@ 7homuz: I think a power looper is a looper who focusses on hitting the ball hard rather than consistency, altho consitency is a plus. maybe like WLQ and Schlager
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 9:39pm
From Greg's About TT pages glossary.
Definition: A power loop is a powerful topspin attack, where the emphasis is on putting a high speed on the ball, with just enough topspin to bring the ball down close to the endline on the opponent's side of the table.
Also Known As: rip, loopkill, loop kill

Sriver EL is a tried and tested middle ground rubber still used a lot.  EL might be a touch hard if you like soft rubbers for looping, but still suitable for a lot of loopers for the BH.  I prefer softer on BH and value making a mean loop that lands more safely rather than trying a crushing BH drive or loop kill with a faster rubber that is harder to control. I have tried BTY FX and SP soft and found them suitable - real easy and consistant to loop with glued. You can still hit very hard BH with these rubbers and keep the ball on the table, they are just not as speedy and require more effort as say Bryce or Hammond.  I think the BH is more deceptive than the forehand, easier to set up down the line and carry the wrist/arm over to hit the opposite corner with surpise. I feel BH looping requires more control than flat out speed to open up the FH, just how I feel.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
sjasi1982m View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjasi1982m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 10:25pm
xushaofa 999 lsz is in my opinion the best backhand rubber there is. it is very tacky, hard, maybe a little harder than sriver el and it lasts forever! it is a little slow and heavy, but if you glue, you won't be disappointed! it only cost about $15 per sheet too... 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic