Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fred Plays Against Liam Pitchford and Chen Weixing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Fred Plays Against Liam Pitchford and Chen Weixing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fred Plays Against Liam Pitchford and Chen Weixing
    Posted: 06/03/2011 at 9:10pm

Title says it all.

A vid of me playing Chen Weixing may follow tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2011 at 9:41pm
Very Nice :0

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2011 at 9:57pm
Cute Thumbs Up
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2011 at 10:57pm
I'll say it again:

When I grow up I want to be Fred.

What is the latest on his status ie ranking in his age group, membership on national or regional cadet team or such.

By the way I hear rumors the Chinese have started a group of 6 yr old Fred clones in special training so the national team will have sparring partners to practice against when Fred is ready for international play :)

Mark
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 12:01am
fred had trouble looping chen weixing's chops. JKC, when you played him, did he have unhumanly underspin, or was it because fred is not used to long pips?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 2:08am
WTG Stiga Boy. U were well composed and CWX waz a RIOT funny dude.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 3:30am
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

fred had trouble looping chen weixing's chops. JKC, when you played him, did he have unhumanly underspin, or was it because fred is not used to long pips?
He has a very short and quick wrist flick which produces huge spin and is very difficult to spot. I did manage to loop some though as you will see later.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 3:37am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

I'll say it again:

When I grow up I want to be Fred.

What is the latest on his status ie ranking in his age group, membership on national or regional cadet team or such.

By the way I hear rumors the Chinese have started a group of 6 yr old Fred clones in special training so the national team will have sparring partners to practice against when Fred is ready for international play :)

Mark
He only really has one ranking, which is 236 in England at Under 13 though if they produced an under 8 list I'm sure he would be at the top of it. He is a menber of the Yorkshire Regional Squad and played for the Under 11 team at the Regional Squad championships.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 3:50am
Great experience for Fred.. will do him good in the long run, I am sure he picked up a thing or two in the event..

Chen is class.. looks pretty tough to play against. How many points Pitchford got off him?
Be interesting to see you play him JKC..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 5:49am
Sadly we couldn't stop for the Pitchford Chen match, as we had quite a drive home and then my babysitting parents had a further hour to drive after that. I think the organiser Cliff Edens (tabletenniscoach.net) was videoing everything, so maybe the match will find its way onto Youtube soon.

Anyway, here is the vid of me v Chen.

Edited by JKC - 06/04/2011 at 5:50am
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 8:47am
Looks like lot of fun LOL. I couldn't hold my jealousy..... You've got very brave and stable BH 
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 8:51am
Yup. More fun than humans should be allowed. I like it when Chen freezes to see if you miss Ur shot.

Edited by BH-Man - 06/04/2011 at 8:52am
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by JKC JKC wrote:

Sadly we couldn't stop for the Pitchford Chen match, as we had quite a drive home and then my babysitting parents had a further hour to drive after that. I think the organiser Cliff Edens (tabletenniscoach.net) was videoing everything, so maybe the match will find its way onto Youtube soon.

Anyway, here is the vid of me v Chen.

Darnnnnn... you almost had him.. maybe next time.. :)

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Yup. More fun than humans should be allowed. I like it when Chen freezes to see if you miss Ur shot.
I was starting to find my range against the heavy chop by the end, but I doubt I could put the ball past him if he chose to chase it down. Maybe there are further levels of chop which he didn't show to me. It would be interesting to have 2 or 3 games against him without the crowds watching so I could relax more though.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Great experience for Fred.. will do him good in the long run, I am sure he picked up a thing or two in the event..

Chen is class.. looks pretty tough to play against. How many points Pitchford got off him?
Be interesting to see you play him JKC..
I heard from a friend that Pitchford won on a net at deuce in the 5th, but how seriously they were taking it I don't really know.
The experience will do Fred lots of good. Any experience of playing whilst feeling nervous like you might in an important match has to be helpful in the long run.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 8:58pm
Pitchford won? Wow.. That's a surprise.
Fred did look nervous in the vid. The crowd must have got to him. On a side note, nice serves Fred got there, he has a nice pendulum/tomahawk variation now. I wonder who's been teaching him how to serve :)
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 3:18am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Pitchford won? Wow.. That's a surprise.
Fred did look nervous in the vid. The crowd must have got to him. On a side note, nice serves Fred got there, he has a nice pendulum/tomahawk variation now. I wonder who's been teaching him how to serve :)
I don't think it means much really. These matches are always close in the 5th to please the crowd.

Did I look nervous by the way? Because I was.

Edited by JKC - 06/05/2011 at 3:20am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 3:25am

You didn't tell us what was the event. It looked very much like a highlife gathering. Smile

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 4:15am
It was an exhibition at the Keighley table tennis centre following a week long training camp (which neither of us attended). Chen was there all week, but Liam was just there for the evening I think. I think it is likely that there will be similar weeks in the future.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 4:33am
To me you don't look all that nervous JKC :)
Fred was missing a few easy ones right from the warm ups..
You did quite good considering the occasion and the fact that you're playing #32 WR.. :)
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 4:45am
I was probably more nervous than in any league final or British League match and considering I haven't really played any competitive TT since my daughter was born in February, I was quite pleased with how I played.

As for Fred, he won't admit it, but hie must have been as nervous as anything meeting Liam - his TT hero.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 11:48am
cool vids JKC....thanks for posting them up!

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 6:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic