Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS Question
    Posted: 03/29/2012 at 12:05pm
Lately, i've seen lots of sellers post their items without asking price. Why does it happen all of a sudden like that? I thought it's easier and better to be straight forward from the beginning? What do you guys think? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2012 at 12:24pm
they think that their stuffs are special, may be? I just let these FS posts blow by my hairs. Nut'n special at all, don't worry abt "them" Kevin as there are more important things in life out there for us to keep our eyes on/worry abt......
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2012 at 12:25pm
It is understandable that seller wants a higher price and lets
buyer make offer, but i think that a better way is to just put your
absolutely minimum price to save everybody's time and easy decision making.
If that is a commonly accepted rule, buyer will not make a bargain to
save seller's time too.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2012 at 1:09pm
I agree withboth of you
it's just that it happens frequent lately and that I did not see that before. Also, if i want to offer something, as a buyer i think everyone wants to buy low because if you can't play with it, you don't lose too much money. At the same time, we don't want to offer too low then we're being called low baller. If you offer high then it just does not make sense. I think it's just easier to put your desire selling price but it can be negotiable.

Just a thought. Hope it's not a trend from sellers:)
sticharo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticharo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by ocvillager ocvillager wrote:

everyone wants to buy low because if you can't play with it, you don't lose too much money. At the same time, we don't want to offer too low then we're being called low baller. 

That happened to me a few weeks ago. The guy went off on me because my offer was too low and never bothered with a counter offer. So how the hell do you know what price to offer? I could have sent the guy 30 different PM's before we arrived at the price he wanted. Such a waste of time. 

Lesson learned. I now skip past those that don't post a price.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2012 at 2:27pm
Absolutely agree with Fatt.
I walk in your shoes Sticharo. It's just pathetic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic