Seller's Notes:

View the seller's For Sale page.
 Buyer's Review (0)
  Product Quality:
  Communication:
  Payment:
  Shipping:
  Overall:
No feedback for this seller yet. Be the first to post a feedback.
 Forum Assessment
This seller has not been assessed by moderators yet. Request assessment
 Assessed by moderators.
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: Sriver Kawatsuki RED MAX
    Posted: 05/07/2008 at 6:24pm
I have 1 sheet of SEALED Sriver Kawatsuki Red Max for sale. This is used by the Korean National Women's team. I got it from my coach who used to train with them.

I'd like $50 for it shipped w/in US/Canada. I'll entertain trades for sealed rubbers and cpens

Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Sponsored Links

CP/JP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CP/JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 9:00pm
Why is it more expensive than normal Sriver L? I think they don't sell it for more than 25 $ in South Korea
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Nittaku Excellent AAA
Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 9:14pm
It is a harder sponge.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 9:20pm
A little bit expensive for a kawatsuki.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by CP/JP CP/JP wrote:

Why is it more expensive than normal Sriver L? I think they don't sell it for more than 25 $ in South Korea
pro edition...
i would probably keep this one myself.
i saw this rubber today-brand new/sealed
i did not ask about the price,but well,can you get pro equipment ?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 10:46pm

Accessibility. It's not that common in Korea either.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:33pm

This rubber is made especially for the pros. Not like the stuff you get over the counter. I hope you knew this...right? Same goes for blades! Top pros do not play with over the counter stuff, even if the over the counter stuff carries their name. There have been pictures posted in this site previously. Look and you will find.
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 7:42am
http://040563234.badoo.com/p146167

i have 2 bryce of kalinikos kreanga... they don't have the same codes on the sponge than regular bryce...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 7:49am

please post the pics.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 9:03am
done :)
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 10:51am
Isn't this a very hard rubber that is specifically made for lots of speed gluing? What is the purpose of a non-pro to get that, especially at a time where even pros are trying to find equipment that they can use without speed glue?! Confused
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 11:06pm
If you are wondering what Kawatsuki means or how is it different from the normal Sriver L, here is the best explanation I have found and it is consistent with what someone explained to me a while ago when he bought a couple sheets of Sriver for me from Japan.  One of the Sriver sheets was the Kawatsuki version.

Original text here.

"Kawatsuki is the choice for hard hit.  The word kawatsuki is used to mean the hard part on the edge of the sponge.  Kawatsuki rubber is made with hard part of the sponge.  Its main characteristics (compared to non-kawatsuki type) are harder, heavier, more elastic and less dwell time."

Some of you might be familiar with how the table tennis rubbers are manufactured (or assembled).   Basically a giant topsheet is glued on a giant sheet of sponge and cut into individual rubber sheets as we know of.  Apparently, Kawatsuki rubbers are those cut from the outer part of the giant sheet of sponge and there are harder compared to those are cut away from the edge.  My 2 cents.

sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 11:25pm
GenomicsKnight
Well done...
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2008 at 9:11am
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

If you are wondering what Kawatsuki means or how is it different from the normal Sriver L, here is the best explanation I have found and it is consistent with what someone explained to me a while ago when he bought a couple sheets of Sriver for me from Japan.  One of the Sriver sheets was the Kawatsuki version.

Original text here.

"Kawatsuki is the choice for hard hit.  The word kawatsuki is used to mean the hard part on the edge of the sponge.  Kawatsuki rubber is made with hard part of the sponge.  Its main characteristics (compared to non-kawatsuki type) are harder, heavier, more elastic and less dwell time."

Some of you might be familiar with how the table tennis rubbers are manufactured (or assembled).   Basically a giant topsheet is glued on a giant sheet of sponge and cut into individual rubber sheets as we know of.  Apparently, Kawatsuki rubbers are those cut from the outer part of the giant sheet of sponge and there are harder compared to those are cut away from the edge.  My 2 cents.

Wow, if that is true I would like to get a hold of the premium center piece, the "national" version!!! Wink 
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2008 at 9:51am
Jasupo, a reputable Japanese shop, has the same description about Sriver Kawatsuki.  See here.

Basically, it made an analogy between loaf of bread and kawatsuki sponge.  The crust of the bread is harder, so is the sponge around the outer edge where kawatsuki is taken from.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread.  Just wanted to provide more information.  Hopefully this helps in terms of your FS.  Bump for good luck!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2008 at 9:52am
weird how chinese pros use the center piece while euro pros use the outer edge of the big sheet.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic