Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chinese Men's 3rd Trial for 2007 WTTC vid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kenboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 1:23am

pen holders are back!! _popupControl();
Sponsored Links

kenboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 1:25am
i personally love to watch liu guo liang's play. I watched his olympic  games  many times  and still not  tired of watching.  There definitely be another  liu gou liang sometime  down the  path. _popupControl();
langtumuadong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote langtumuadong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 2:35am
I saw the vid between Xu Xin vs Li Yang in 2006 Chinese U17 tournament and I think his BH is very powerful, he will be another Wang Hao.
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 3:43am
I've added some more videos to my post above Smile
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 3:54am
so disappointing to see wang jian jun always lose...  i think his techniques are good and got good footwork as well, and in my opinion, he might even have a more powerful backhand than ryu seung min, but it's always his lack of mental toughness.  out of all the videos i've seen him in, it never seem like he has a strong will to win.  hopefully one day if he does make it out of his slump, i want to see he play ryu seung min.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 10:54am
Xu Xin is dangerous, but really only on the same level that Chen Qi is. He doesn't seem to have the Chinese grit that the other players do.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
3ageeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ageeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 12:50am
what are you people saying ?

open the ittf website and see the the entries of china !

I think its already decided !

u will find the names:

Wang Liqin, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Chen Qi, Ma Long, Hao Shuai, Hao Yingchao

I think they are the final entries.

Even if they are not; when China ( Especially) makes a trial for choosing players I can say that there are some players have to be on the entries anyway and they are gonna play the WTTC 100% even if they lost in the trials like Wang liqin, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Ma Long, Chen Qi and I think thats because it depends mainly on the world ranking, you can never say " no, we're not gonna let Wang Liqin" the ranked no.1 player on the world just because he lost in trials ! I'm saying that mainly because of people talking about Chen Qi possibility of playing or not ! come on people your talking about the 7th player on the world ranking ! how come China dont let him play while he is the 7th, so I'm just explaining that there are some players will play 100% because the WTTC especially are decided by ranking not forms of players.

Thanks,
3ageeb

Ahmed Saleh-Best Player in Egypt
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 1:18am
Aha.  That is where I saw Hou Yingchao in the entry list!  Maybe that ittf page is just a preliminary listing presuming the entries based on world ranking?  
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 1:37am
Make Qiu Yike play for gosh sakes.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 1:45am
yeah, he should play. I love watching his style, but do u think he looks a bit slower than 1-2 yrs ago?
During the trial, I kept seeing him being lost during rallies because he couldnt reach the ball. The guy is still a great player, his BH blocks and drives are just way too good comparing with other Chinese players, looks to me like a combination of Oh's BH and Wang Tao's. His Fh is still there, still very smartly placed and crazily spinny. But his footwork seems a little off.
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 2:28am
Originally posted by 3ageeb 3ageeb wrote:

what are you people saying ?

open the ittf website and see the the entries of china !

I think its already decided !

u will find the names:

Wang Liqin, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Chen Qi, Ma Long, Hao Shuai, Hao Yingchao

I think they are the final entries.

ITTF regulation 4.01.06.01 :
Additional or modified entries may be accepted by the organisers, if notified by a representative of the nominating Association, at any time up to the date of the draw. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 6:21pm
the fact that wang jj is using square penhold doesnt turn him innto a korean player style, he never power attacks intead he play a clver placement game
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 7:10pm
Thanks fixpoint for the clarification!  Lets hope that they do end up rewarding Qiu Yi Ke for his play.  I love his energy and style!
Li0001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Li0001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 7:22pm
Thanks, Stef.
lee
Chris23 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 3:55pm

i have just noticed that this Xu Xin guy plays 99.9% identical to the south korean lefthanded japanese penhold player LEE JUNG WOOLOL

both have the same long forehand movement techniques and they both have the same physiqueShocked

the only difference is that this guy is using a chinese penholder blade and can execute the reverse penhold backhandConfused
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 4:56pm
wow so your ph blade type is irrelevant of how you play the stylez! thats news to me but i believe it.

i like qiu yike, he plays very smart and efficient and doesnt iron his shirts :D
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2007 at 9:14am
He does have the perpetual bad boy look about him; the eye bags hinting at a late night, scruffy clothes, messed up hair. Yep, the teenage girls are probably all over him by now.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2007 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by fatcomet fatcomet wrote:

how does one pronounce qiu yike?

cheeuu ee-kuh

think like a sneeze - "ahhh choo" but with a little "ee" sound before the "o/u" sound. "yi" sounds more like just the letter "e" and "ke" sounds sort of like the "ka" sound in "karate," although I can't really think of any good examples for "ke"
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH