FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Effects of Ecolo Expander II (w/ pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 8:53am
My personal opinion after a limited trial on a few Chinese rubbers is that it seems to affect speed more on softer sponges, maybe 50% of speed glue. On harder sponges it has only a small effect on the the speed, maybe 10%. On the harder rubbers the best effect is on spin where due to the stretching you get it has a similar increase in spin to what you might expect when using speed glue.
I have only really experimented on Chinese tacky rubbers so far, so can't comment on Euro/Jap rubbers.
Sponsored Links

ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 1:20pm

Here's my Cream MRS after 3 layers. Though the last layer took maybe 3-4 days to completely dry. I haven't tried playing with it yet.
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
NTTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NTTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 6:11pm
wow, how are you going to glue that to the paddle!?

And get it to stay on.. with that amount of doming does it not kinda peel off the paddle?
phamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by NTTT NTTT wrote:

wow, how are you going to glue that to the paddle!?

And get it to stay on.. with that amount of doming does it not kinda peel off the paddle?

yea.. i had to put like 2 layers of fix, regular glue, to hold the edges in place..

and on my other blade, i used the clamp over night.. and that worked..

but still you just have to be patient..

phamster
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 7:19pm
Quote yea.. i had to put like 2 layers of fix, regular glue, to hold the edges in place..

and on my other blade, i used the clamp over night.. and that worked..

but still you just have to be patient..

phamster

Yes. You need much patience and rubber cement to keep that kind of dome stuck to the blade. 

YATTP, JKC makes a good point about varying effects on different types of rubbers.  I have used it primarily on Japanese Rubbers like Sriver FX, Takifire SP Soft, Pro Alpha, Reforma, and Takiness Drive.  All of these mid soft and really softish Japanese rubbers domed like crazy and really helped out the speed.  SP Soft was dead until EE II, now a great rubber. I would say you get increased spin, but way more increase in speed.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 7:46pm
Yeah it was hard to glue; the edges are still creeping up a bit, after being pressed for a few days.

I just switched to this after using my old Cream MRS that is probably almost two years old. This ecolo'd rubber is definitely playing fast, but since I was using such an old rubber before, I can't tell how much is due to the ecolo. I'll slap on a new, regular Cream MRS and compare later. I'm pretty sure it's a big effect though because I'm having a harder time controlling it.

Arthur Lui
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by ppgear ppgear wrote:

Yeah it was hard to glue; the edges are still creeping up a bit, after being pressed for a few days. And this is with 2 layers of cement on the blade and 3 on the rubber.

I just switched to this after using my old Cream MRS that is probably almost two years old. This ecolo'd rubber is definitely playing fast, but since I was using such an old rubber before, I can't tell how much is due to the ecolo. I'll slap on a new, regular Cream MRS and compare later. I'm pretty sure it's a big effect though because I'm having a harder time controlling it.

Arthur Lui
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 5:58pm
I have tried EEII on new harder sponge Chinese Tacky rubbers and rubbers of the same type which have been previously speed glued a few times. I can say that EEII works considerably better on rubbers which have been glued and played with for a couple of weeks and then had the glue peeled off rather than new rubbers straight from the packet.

The rubber I have tried this with was God Favored SP. Both rubbers had a similar amount of tack, but the new rubber was much slower than the old rubber. I am sure it will speed up a little after a couple of weeks play, but it is unlikely to reach the level of the older rubber.

Any one planning on using EEII on a harder Chinese rubber might want to consider this and maybe apply a few layers of speed glue to the rubber over a few days then peel the glue off before applying the EEII. It seems to make the rubber much more playable in my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic