FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TSP Curl P1 R

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thornta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thornta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSP Curl P1 R
    Posted: 04/29/2007 at 11:48am
I've heard that the frictionless pimples from Dr Neubauer and Hallmark will be banned so I'm looking for some suitable replacement for my Super Special. What do you think about Curl P1 R? My style is kind of a bad version of Joo Se Hyuk;)
Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 2.1
BH: Butterfly Feint Long II 1.1
Sponsored Links

Weixing_Yinghao View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weixing_Yinghao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2007 at 5:16pm
If you try to play like Joo Se Hyuk, try Feint long II or III.
Not short pimples..
Blade: 729 Carbon ALL+.
Rubbers:red:Tibhar Grass Spezial (ox)
Black:DaweiSuperPower 2008 (2,1)
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2007 at 11:13pm
From what I've gathered Feint Long III was designed for Joo Se Hyuk, and they were designed to be like the TSP long pips he kept going back to. If you play like him then you should try Feint Long III.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 2:10pm
Weixing_Yinghao curl p1 r are not short pimples
shmilw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmilw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Thornta Thornta wrote:

I've heard that the frictionless pimples from Dr Neubauer and Hallmark will be banned so I'm looking for some suitable replacement for my Super Special. What do you think about Curl P1 R? My style is kind of a bad version of Joo Se Hyuk;)

Can you please point me to where did you heared about it?
2 people I know and play with, will be shocked from this news.
Thank you.
729 two speed carbon
FH Butterfly Sriver L
BH Donic Quattro
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 5:40pm
The TSP bamboo will be a lot closer to your super special. Of course we don't know if this will be banned as well.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 6:04pm
There is an official ITTF directive that will enact a "minimum friction coefficient" for long pimpled rubbers, beginning Sept 1, 2008. 

What this will be and which rubbers this will affect is not certain.  Current frictionless pips from Neubauer and Hallmark are probably going to be banned, others like TSP bamboo curl p1 are questionable.

This secretive ruling from the ITTF is not allowing the manufacturers to adapt to the new rule, which could totally screw several for quite a while.  I would very much like to know which pips not to try out; I don't want to pick one, practice for a year with it, then find out it is illegal.  Who knows the rationale for this stupid ruling, anyway, because NO world class players even use frictionless, or they would get dominated.  Why does an international governing body care what pips any non-pro player is using?  ITTF = lame.
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 6:30pm

I never played with frictionless pips, but I agree w/ you jenders. I just dont get it...why is ITTF always picking on poor def players Cry TT would not be very amusing without klassischez defensik... 3rd ball attack is no fun to watch...

わが青春に悔なし
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 7:37pm
agreed :).  3rd ball attack is boring.  I prefer to turn the game into a battle of endurance and athleticism.  The spectators like it, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic