Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

h2 vs h3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: h2 vs h3
    Posted: 05/04/2007 at 9:25am

hey guys

PLEASE HELP
does h2 really spin harder than h3?
wich rubber is easier to control?
wich rubber has a harder density?
wich rubber is faster?
wich rubber has a better glue effect?
wich rubber is more consistent?
(national)

thank you for any replies
and sorry i couldent find any threads about this
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
Sponsored Links

sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 9:28am
harder spin:  h2 maybe a little
easier control h3
harder density h2
faster h2
better glue effect equal
more consistent equal
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 10:09am
off topic... but how is the hardness of the sponge on H Nittaku Pro compared to commercial H? Is it any softer?
わが青春に悔なし
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 10:43am
Originally posted by sunflex sunflex wrote:

harder spin:  h2 maybe a little
easier control h3
harder density h2
faster h2
better glue effect equal
more consistent equal

ok h3 sounds great
but one more qeustion
how does h3 compare to g999

does h3 have better speed than g999
does h3 have better spin than g999
wich one is harder out of h3 and g999
Kreanga Aeros ST
loopdaddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 10:54am
I have H2 treated with EEII and I don't find control to be an issue at all. I've never used H3 so I can't compare, but H2 is plenty fast and spinny. I have g999t (treated with EEII) and it's not as fast as H2, but seems slightly more controlled and similarly spinny. I find g999 has great feel and is excellent for looping close to the table, blocking and chopping.
More spin less talk.
*Galaxy W1       
*H2
*Sriver EL

ssu6734 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssu6734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 11:59am
where can i buy the H2 national version?
hung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 12:28pm

LOL

Kreanga Aeros ST
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 12:31pm

i think i like the h3 the most thank you for every ones information h3 has an orangeish sponge national corect?

Kreanga Aeros ST
loopdaddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by ssu6734 ssu6734 wrote:

where can i buy the H2 national version?

haggisv sells the blue sponge version (and the regular one) here-->
Not sure if that's the national one or not.
More spin less talk.
*Galaxy W1       
*H2
*Sriver EL

Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 2:19pm
Haloo everybody...could anyone compare between H3 provicial dan H3 National version...thanks
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 8:21pm
H2 'potentially' more spinny because thicker sheet, more resilient = more spin potential.  H3 spin easier but H2 can give more when the shot becomes more attacking with loop.
H2 more faster sponge, H3 more feel and control but not necessary better control.  H2 is better for blocking and countering in the control stakes.  H3 more control in looping perhaps..

Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2007 at 8:34pm
i am suprised at how many people still want to play h2-h3 i find them to be very average performing rubbers that are heavy
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 9:21am
how does your national g888 play compared to g999
Kreanga Aeros ST
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 2:28pm
Me too. Even the higher quality ones I've tried.

I think it's an emperor's new suit effect. H3 buys the players, and everybody says it's better. If you don't agree, you must not be good enough to tell that it's better.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 4:10pm

I have to differ in regards both to H2 and H3 being average performing and not being good enough to tell the difference.

Certainly there is a lot of bad (hard, slow) H2 and H3 out there and certainly most of the internet sites sell H2 and H3 without any control on sponge hardness (this is bad and is a source of many people experiencing sheet-to-sheet differences).  

However, some sites DO sell H2 and H3 with labeled sponge hardness (i.e. with the black hardness sticker on the front of the package).  I find H3 in a 39 hardness with a thick glue to be a superior rubber with a very large performance envelope.    I am less fond of the harder sponge versions -- they just don't seem to feel as good to me. 

If you can get it, H3 in a softer 38 degree sponge is great for the backhand (but you lose some speed on the FH).   I've never found this on
the internet - I've only gained access to it through personal channels.

I have not tried it yet but I am interested to try H2 in a 39 degree hardness as well.  H2 does have a lower throw than H3.

P.S. I have tried some provencial 40 degree H3.  The rubber topsheet was nicer but the greater sponge hardness overruled the benefit of the nicer top sheet.   Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a provencial H3 in 39 so that I could make an apples to apples test.

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 4:44pm
jrsdallas where do you get H3 that is 39 degrees everything that i have evr seen is in the 42+ range and felt like a brick was glued onto my paddle and felt like one too
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
loopdaddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

However, some sites DO sell H2 and H3 with labeled sponge hardness (i.e. with the black hardness sticker on the front of the package).  I find H3 in a 39 hardness with a thick glue to be a superior rubber with a very large performance envelope.    I am less fond of the harder sponge versions -- they just don't seem to feel as good to me. 
I have H2 with the black sticker on the package as well as stamped on the sponge-- 40 degree. Treated with EE2 and is a great rubber, vastly better than the FasterIII it replaced. I find FasterIII to have the lowest throw of any rubber I've tried so far and I find H2 to be about the same throw as Inspirit.
More spin less talk.
*Galaxy W1       
*H2
*Sriver EL

JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 8:25pm
I get the H3 38 deg. from a coach here in Dallas who has it on occasion and I pick it up when I can.  Since I use it on the BH, I don't kill it as quickly and often end up going back to old sheets anyway. 

I bought 9 sheets of H3, 39 from eacheng.com when they had it on sale for $8 ea. and have been using that for on my FH.     I've tried a sheet of 40 degree provincial but while the topsheet it great, the hardness causes me to lose power and feel - I didn't try to EEII it but that could work.   (I did try to EEII two sheets of 39 and the curl was so large that I couldn't get the corners and edges to stay stuck to the blade - a sanded surface KC)

If your buying Hurricane on the internet, look for a supplier who has the hardness (durometer) labels and request the hardness you want -- I would strongly recommend trying 39 (unless your already a harder sponge user).

When I bought H2 from the internet (well known source) a year + ago the sponge was hard as a board and so the rubber sheet was slow and not very useful.   I suspect that most NA and perhaps European players trying the Hurricane series end up getting this and then wonder why people say its good.

easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 8:57pm

Please remember, use a thick glue to soften up the H2/H3 sponge.  You will get much better results in speed and spin.

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 9:03pm
now has any body tried the nataku versions of H2-H3
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 11:06pm
Yes, use thick glue and put 4 layers on to start.  Let each layer completely dry before putting on the next layer.

Once the sponge is softened and sped up with glue layers, some use and then regluing again, you can then just play it without glue for a week or more.  I've only just started to try this (one day worked great - baby steps)  but when I try other rackets that haven't been glued for a couple of weeks, the sponge still feels great.  I'm hoping my sheet will respond the same.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 8:45am
Unfortunately both of them need a lot of glue to perform well, but if you stick to the table and swing your heart out you'll get some nice power. I find that the Hurricane series is suited towards loop-driving, if you aren't constantly on the attack your shots drop in quality.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic