Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlexZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5
    Posted: 05/31/2007 at 8:46pm
Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5:  I'm very interested in buying this blade, but I'd like to know from people who owned it -- all the reviews I have read about is are positive (some are extremely positive). What's your opinion of it?
Sponsored Links

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2007 at 9:10pm
Thumbs%20Down
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2007 at 9:19pm
Well AlexZ i currently use this blade and its a good blade that offers enough power close to the table and has a good deal of control. Some people like some people dont and that depends on their playing style. I like the blade alot and i play a close to the table offensive. Generally the blade does almost everything quite well, and its hard to find a flaw. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2007 at 2:08am
Since it is using balsa, is it lighter compared to other blades in general?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2007 at 9:52am

my buddy has been useing it for a pretty long time
AND wants another!
AlexZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2007 at 12:33pm
Is BalsaCarbo X5 similar to Butterfly VSG4000?  I have the VSG4000 --- it is light, has two layers of carbon, and is designed for over-the-table play. But I have found VSG4000 to lack spin, and power (from mid-distance looping). Does BalsaCarbo X5 suffer from the same weakness?  Would anyone comment on that aspect?
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2007 at 1:38pm
you've convinced me to make an account with this topic
balsacarbo x5 is the greatest wood for me.
very light, about 80gr, excelent balance, soft feel, a balsa layer in the center wich makes it very easy to control and very good looping abilities, it is not stiff ofcourse, sincerely i wanna have another one
i am using it with tackifire C   1.9 on FH, and bryce fx 1.9 BH, i noticed it work best with Bty rubbers, maybe i am just imagining things.... but anyway, if u want a looping rubber i recomend something european style with sponge about 38 degrees plus, i tryed yasaka mark v 30* and it was to soft for a balsa based blade.
anyway this blade is worth every penny, or yen
very goog from close table and mid distance, but if u like to play from mid-distance or even farther, i suggest bryce-fx or yasaka v-stage.
the blade is corectly placed under OFF aaand i sugest putting two layers of side tape because it is pretty fragile, not as fragile as a usual balsa blade, but i suggest not hiting it, i managed to do so and i am very happy with the blade

u asked about a vsg comparison, i tryed a VSG1000 and it-s pretty crap, it was about half the control of the X5, i cannot believe they just cut the handle, place a rubber disk and glue the handle back, it's horrible, no feel, u are playing blinded.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic