Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

optimum sync/gatien extra 3d

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: optimum sync/gatien extra 3d
    Posted: 07/10/2007 at 1:02pm
i currently play with the sync, but a friend of mine gave me a yasaka extra 3d for my birthday. i hadn't opened the package until yesterday, but i really like the optimum sync, anyone can compare these two? wich one is faster? vibration? thanks Wink
Sponsored Links

ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 1:04pm
Ive played both....

Don't like Opt. Sync..a bit too thick for my liking....but Opt sync is def. faster.  Extra 3D has massive amounts of feel that opt. sync can't compare....after all, that is what it's famous for.

Would rate the Opt Sync as OFF category...Extra 3D in OFF-...

Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 1:30pm
I just checked. 6.3mm blade thickness, but Optm Sync doesn't look like it's that thick @ all. Optm Plus is THICKer, a bit faster not by much but the "hollow sound" of the blades does bother some ppl but not my kid. he has no complaint, a good blade for him, the FL-Small handle suits him well.
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

Ive played both....

Don't like Opt. Sync..a bit too thick for my liking....but Opt sync is def. faster.  Extra 3D has massive amounts of feel that opt. sync can't compare....after all, that is what it's famous for.

Would rate the Opt Sync as OFF category...Extra 3D in OFF-...

so overall the extra 3d is an overall blade in your opinion? with my glued tackyfire sp on both wings, what would you say it's the better looping setup?
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

what r u talking about, professor? Optm Sync is not that thick @ all. Optm Plus is THICKer

I never said it was thick....I said it was too thick for me to like....doesn't mean its thick at all...6.0mm isnt that thick but more than im used to.

and yea

extra 3d is a pure loopers blade....hitting is ok but not what it was meant for...
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
thenam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 4:24pm

i think you should try the yasaka gatien extra 3d...

i've used it as chinese penhold, and it loops really nice...

i switched over to Darker Speed90, one of the high-end penhold blade,

but i still miss gatien extra 3d....

i've decided to convert to shake hand from pen hold,

and my first choice of the blade was... extra 3d...

except with soft carbon this time...

you should really try it for a while...

Darker Speed90 10mm (Jpen) Butterfly Kreanga Carbon (ST)
FH - Yasaka V-Stage (max)     FH - Butterfly Bryce Speed (2.1)
BH - Yasaka V-Stage (2.0)      BH - Tibhar Nimbus (max)
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 7:06pm
i will! thanks for the advise. tomorry on practice i'll glue on the extra 3d and i'll let you know how it was Wink
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 8:23pm
You should try the Extra 3D.  It is a different experience, especially if you are used to stiffer blade.  It is flexible, very good for looping.  Lack a bit for smashing.  Once you try, it's either you like it or hate it forever.  Speed is medium fast / off-.  But if you swing hard, it has the catapult effect from the 3D technology.  Put a harder sponge rubber if you want to diminish the flexibility a bit. 
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 8:28pm
To Thenam:  I read from other forums that Extra 3D with Soft Carbon is not significantly different from the regular Extra 3D, i.e. it's not worth the extra money.  I am not sure but if you like Extra 3D before, think it over or test it first before you switch to 3D Soft Carbon.
thenam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 8:52pm

doraemon: there wasn't really much of difference on the price...

i wouldn't be upset if there's nothing difference between those two blades...

no body uses extra 3d soft carbon on my area...

and i've purchased it already... on the way of arriving...

i don't really worry... would be fine.. thanks :)
Darker Speed90 10mm (Jpen) Butterfly Kreanga Carbon (ST)
FH - Yasaka V-Stage (max)     FH - Butterfly Bryce Speed (2.1)
BH - Yasaka V-Stage (2.0)      BH - Tibhar Nimbus (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic