Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yasaka Offensive 40

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Offensive 40
    Posted: 04/21/2008 at 6:17pm
How well does this Yasaka blade compare with, say..
1) Clipper / ClipperWRB
2) Clipper CR / CR WRB
3) Donic Patrick Baum
4) Yasaka Extra 7
5) Avalox BT 777 / P700
?
Thank you all.
Sponsored Links

BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2008 at 8:15pm
Yes i'd like to know more about these blades also, if possible a comparation with keyshot light or primorac off-.

thanks
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2008 at 6:53am
Yasaka offensive 40 is the worst blade I've ever bought!
Clipper is much better, but  the quality of the top surface is poor compared to the most  Butterfly blades.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2008 at 1:47pm
why is it that bad?
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
fiveplyian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveplyian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2008 at 2:31pm
Yasaka Off 40 is a perfectly decent blade.

From previous post's Stavros seems to be a big hitter who likes a thicker, stiffer blade than the Off 40.

The OFF 40 feels like a typical Swedish AR blade (e.g. Appelgren, AR Classic) with an extra hard ply right in the middle. For me this means it still plays more like a speeded-up 5ply  than a true 7 ply. So it still has flex and a soft surface but plays about 8 to 8.5 out of 10 for speed. I liked it for an allround topspin game.

The Extra 7 is much stiffer and harder without being too quick, say 8.5 to 9 out of 10 for speed. It feels like a 7 ply but was a bit too direct for my liking.

The only other 7 ply I have used is Persson Powerplay. This is slower than either of the Yasaka's but only just slower than the OFF40. Powerplay is stiff and feels like a 7ply but is still fairly soft and very smooth feeling through most shots ....... I think it's still more direct playing than the OFF40 despite being slightly slower.

OFF 40 really feels like  a 5 ply and both the Yasaka's do have a slightly thin feeling. In this respect I would liken the OFF 40 and Extra 7 to the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon ........ plenty of people like the WSC but I find that a little thin feeling too.

Note .... I play Waldner Senso V1 so I am not someone who likes a really thick, quick blade but I do like some solidity without hardness.
Ian
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2008 at 2:42pm
If you're looking for a Yasaka blade that is similar to the Clipper I heard that the Max Wood is the closest.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2008 at 4:09pm

I also saw and helt the extra 7 at my local retailer it felt/sounded really hard and fast for an allwood blade.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2008 at 4:16pm
I tried off40 and thought it was very nice. Very lively and springy, but actually a bit beyond what I could control. Maybe not as fast as clipper on the top end, but more flexible making it springier on some shots. More of a distance looping blade, where clipper would be a close to the table hitting blade. The former rewards a long stroke, and the latter is built not to require a long stroke.

But to say it's a bad blade in terms of quality...I just don't see that.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2008 at 7:05am
Yasaka Offensive 40 is a  looping blade.
Although 7- ply the feeling is like a thin 5-ply.  It vibrates a lot.  Very difficult to block or play close to the table. The sweet spot is very small.

If you play close to the table this blade is extremely useless.
If you are a classic looper the Yasaka Offensive 40 is not that bad. Consider that any looper has to play close to the table during some points. I found this blade very inconsistent .

InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2008 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I also saw and helt the extra 7 at my local retailer it felt/sounded really hard and fast for an allwood blade.

The Extra 7 is a hard blade with a tremdous amount of feeling.  It is slower than the Stiga Clipper.  It is kinda heavy around low 90g's
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2008 at 6:33pm
offensive40 is a good blade, specially if youre a offensive player, good all around feel, touch, and top spins, not too much on looping,
you can use it and adjust to it if youre a good all around player, 3nd ball hits, drive, close to the table attacker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2008 at 7:46pm
is it good along skyline II on the fore and another japanese/euro on the back, i'll be using with voc glue.
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2008 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Jeff[ATTC Jeff[ATTC wrote:

]

The Extra 7 is a hard blade with a tremdous amount of feeling.  It is slower than the Stiga Clipper.  It is kinda heavy around low 90g's

it is actually listed as 80 gms.
fiveplyian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveplyian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2008 at 11:24am
I've had a 88g straight Off 40, a 92g anatomic Extra 7 and seen several 90g ish PowerPlay's of various handle shapes.
Ian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2008 at 11:31am

Originally posted by Jeff[ATTC Jeff[ATTC wrote:

]

it is actually listed as 80 gms.

mine felt heavy compared to my OC both without rubbers
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2008 at 5:52pm
I bought the Yasaka Offensive 40, and it felt very nice: soft and fast. I was afraid it would be too slow for me, but it turned out that it's actually too fast for me, i would rate it OFF+ not OFF. Nevertheless the speed was not my main problem. What i did not like is that my one has 89g, and that is too heavy for my wrist. So if you are going to buy one better watch out to get a lightweight one. Now I'm planning to buy a Yasaka Allround 40 and try this one. It shall be lighter also. Im interested in the Extra 7 also.
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Yasaka Offensive 40 is a  looping blade. Although 7- ply the feeling is like a thin 5-ply.  It vibrates a lot.  Very difficult to block or play close to the table. The sweet spot is very small.If you play close to the table this blade is extremely useless.If you are a classic looper the Yasaka Offensive 40 is not that bad. Consider that any looper has to play close to the table during some points. I found this blade very inconsistent .

Not sure why Offensive40 is slow but not good close to the table. Being slow should play well close to the table...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2013 at 11:48am
Either the off40 or the extra7 or all40 are playable blades but quite heavy and lack of crispness. Not excitement.
Yeo better.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic