FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Woman beats He Zhi Wen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2008 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by cmugica cmugica wrote:

Don't believe everything you read

I think they meant single (individual) events. LGL indeed owned Waldner in singles for a long time...

Ok so the article maybe wrong, but Waldner still can't beat him for 5 years in a row. Somebody say a player will beat him if they play him a few times..
Someone also said there that in Singles the record is 7-1 for LGL..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Sponsored Links

goldfish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 12:31am
Originally posted by ibupro ibupro wrote:

Do you know what is meant by "technical player"? As in LGL is not a technical player.

I mentioned the word �technical player� to differentiate the official army from partisan. Players like Kong linghui, Wang liqin and Wang hao are usually considered as technical players. They get points by showing their skills that are pleasant to watch such as long rallies, looping and counter looping etc. Waldner, Liu gl and Ma lin are considered by some people, such as CCTV5 commentators, as partisan. They get points by miraculous shots sometimes people think the shots are very informal. Because they use their brain so much and informal techniques so often, I would not call them �technical player�, that doesn�t mean their techniques are poor.  Just the opposite, they learned techniques very hard for others to mimic. Chinese call Waldner the �partisan captain�. The original Chinese word describing the official army players as �实力型� �real power� player. My interpretation may not be accurate.   
Innerforce ZLC cs
FH:Tenergy05 2.1mm
BH:Donic Vario sound 2.0 mm
Items for Sale
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 1:08am
in other words, kong, wang hao, wang liqin follow textbook technique
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

goldfish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 1:31am
did Wang, Xingyue  beat Gao Jun? Just want to confirm this. She is one of my friend's friend's daughter. Thanks
Innerforce ZLC cs
Items for Sale
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2008 at 2:31am
I haven't seen any other videos online. But On Wang Chen's club website
http://www.wangchenttc.com/ , there is video of jennifer wu beating he zhi wen.
 And Taylor wang beating gao jun.
Go to club gallery and then videos.
Kinda small videos but better than nothing.
goldfish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2008 at 2:03pm
Thanks kenney. I am watching.
Innerforce ZLC cs
Items for Sale
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2008 at 3:08pm
Looks like the website for Wang Chen is new. I have visited that site before but has never seen working.
ibupro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibupro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2008 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by goldfish goldfish wrote:

I mentioned the word �technical player� to differentiate ... from partisan. Players like Kong linghui, Wang liqin and Wang hao are usually considered as technical players. They get points by showing their skills that are pleasant to watch such as long rallies, looping and counter looping etc. Waldner, Liu gl and Ma lin are considered by some people, such as CCTV5 commentators, as partisan. They get points by miraculous shots sometimes people think the shots are very informal. Because they use their brain so much and informal techniques so often, I would not call them �technical player�, that doesn�t mean their techniques are poor. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">�</SPAN>Just the opposite, they learned techniques very hard for others to mimic. Chinese call Waldner the �partisan captain�. The original Chinese word describing the official army players as �实力型� �real power� player. My interpretation may not be accurate.�<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">�</SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">�</SPAN>

I think your interpretation is at least accurate enough, as that is what I had always thought "technical player" meant.
I was not familiar with the use of the "partisan" term as a contrast though, I find that interesting.

Thanks for the explanation.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2008 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

Looks like the website for Wang Chen is new. I have visited that site before but has never seen working.

Yea it is new. The old design used to be pretty incomplete with little work on it. Then they didn't even keep the website up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic