Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rubber not sensitive to incoming spin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thefred View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rubber not sensitive to incoming spin
    Posted: 02/27/2009 at 7:32am

Dear all,

I am looking for a backhand rubber. My main problem is to return serve when it is long and rapid in my backhand. So I try to find a forgiving rubber, not too sensitive to incoming spin but still able to make opening loop and shop, not too bouncy for short game, but enough for blocking and driving comfortably. So a kind of all-round rubber, not a speed demon, good at everything, but excellent at nothing

The most important is the easiness to return serves.

I already tried lkt xp, kokutaku 007 taiwan, kokutaku 868 tokyo, kokutaku 868 blutenkirsche non tacky, Dawei Inspirit, Dawei Sprungfeder G3 A4, Palio CJ8000 light and fast, Palio CJ8000 biotech.

All of them are good rubbers, with many interesting characteristics and gears, but all of them are at least slightly tacky or very grippy, and so too sensitive to incoming spin.

I currently use a sword blade, RGUC-C08, with 1 central ply carbon, and two arylate, quite stiff and very fast. My forehand rubber is the palio biotech, perfect blade/forehand rubber combination to me, and my backhand rubber is the kokutaku 868 blutenkirsche non tacky, too quick (with my blade) for me.

From all my tests, the lkt xp suit me the best, but it is very slightly tacky and so sensitive to incoming spin. Maybe it should also be a little less soft in order to avoid the ball to sink into the sponge. How about the flextra hard, six shooter, dawei super power xp 2008, yazaka zap ? any other suggestions? thanks

Sponsored Links

vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 7:35am
Tibhar Vari Spin.
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 7:47am
A rubber that can loop that is not sensitive to spin is an oximoron, its contradictory
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
stereotip View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stereotip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 7:54am
Originally posted by ffx-me ffx-me wrote:

A rubber that can loop that is not sensitive to spin is an oximoron, its contradictory

1+
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 8:26am

hmm try practicing receiving serbes and spinny balls

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
thefred View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 8:54am
Originally posted by stereotip stereotip wrote:

1+

1+  indeed, impossible to loop with an anti-top Clap

so a rubber not too sensitive to spin but still able to make a loop ( not very spinny of course)

radical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 9:00am
Get a pips out or anti-spin rubber that you like, and then learn to twiddle so you can loop backhand or forehand.
stereotip View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stereotip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 9:51am
close to your wish is maybe joola octopus.i'm playing with that rubber,and have no problem with returning spiny serves but olso i can produce a disent spin.
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 12:56pm
Try Juic Dany III.
BBC, SP, LP
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 1:53pm
I heard hard rubbers are less responsive to incoming spin than soft ones.  But probably not by much.
esnift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esnift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by radical radical wrote:

Get a pips out or anti-spin rubber that you like, and then learn to twiddle so you can loop backhand or forehand.

I hink this is actually your best bet. i have a friend probably around your level that just started using pips out on his backhand through a recommendation from varghese (a dealer in our area). he was reluctant at first but really likes it now and incoming serves no longer bother him. he is also learing to twiddle the bad so he can still have an aggressive topspin shot on his backhand.

If you don't think that is a good option maybe try Yasaka Mark V in 1.8 or so. however, the main thing to remeber is that there is no magic rubber that is going to fix this weakness for you, some might make it slightly easier but you'll still need to learn the basics or reading/returning serve.
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 1:59pm
I would play pips like 802 reg. 2.0mm. Its got the pips properties of hitting through spin.. but you can still topspin very well with it becaue of the sponge. I have the 35 dg sponge from zero pong on my cpen. Its nice. You can hit through any spin. And you can kind of loop. Smile

otherwise. The thing closest to what you want inverted, is probably sriver. Maybe Gambler Six shooter if you dont mind harder sponge. Its barely grippy, and if your BH is better than mine you can BH loop with it Wink

i had a bit of trouble NOT flat hitting with it.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by esnift esnift wrote:

try Yasaka Mark V in 1.8 or so. however, the main thing to remeber is that there is no magic rubber that is going to fix this weakness for you, some might make it slightly easier but you'll still need to learn the basics or reading/returning serve.

This is not something you fix with equipment.

This is something you fix with serve-receive drills.

Even as a lower rated US player playing people 200-400 points above me, my opponents quickly learn NOT to give me fast deep serves to my backhand.

Why?

Because more than 75% of the time I will simply counter hit past them, slightly out of reach of their FH.

Point:
If you develop a strong and consistent enough response to specific serves, people simply won't risk losing points with that serve.

Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 2:26pm
As many people above have said, practicing is the best idea.  However, using tacky rubber while practicing will only make it more difficult and more frustrating.  Try a sheet of Sriver 1.9 or as someone else mentioned, Mark V.  Both of these rubbers are very good for learning technique without sacrificing capability.
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by chu_bun chu_bun wrote:

I heard hard rubbers are less responsive to incoming spin than soft ones.  But probably not by much.

That is true. But I am surprised that you are saying that tacky rubbers are too sensitive to the incoming spin. It is actually the other way around - if the rubber is indeed tacky then it stops the incoming spin.

So my advice to you is to try a really tacky rubber like 729 SP Transcend or God Favored SST - get them at www.zeropong.com among other places. Or Hurricane 3 #19 for that matter

Just remember that after you put it on the blade, you will need a couple of training sessions until it settles down and plays to the best of its potential.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 5:31pm

he said not too sensitive...
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

try Yasaka Mark V in 1.8 or so. however, the main thing to remeber is that there is no magic rubber that is going to fix this weakness for you, some might make it slightly easier but you'll still need to learn the basics or reading/returning serve.

Even as a lower rated US player playing people 200-400 points above me, my opponents quickly learn NOT to give me fast deep serves to my backhand.

Why?

Because more than 75% of the time I will simply counter hit past them, slightly out of reach of their FH.

Point:
If you develop a strong and consistent enough response to specific serves, people simply won't risk losing points with that serve.

We have to play Big%20smile.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 6:28pm
A non-tacky rubber that has not too soft or thin a topsheet is likely to be less sensitive to spin. For chinese rubbers (which you seem to be choosing from), something like Yin-he Mars is quite insensitve to spin, but can still spin the ball... That one stood out for me as I tried it recently... I'm sure there are many others and can find some more options if you want me to...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 6:41pm
It's always a trade-off.
You just can't have both. Well, you can, but certainly not as much of both as you'd like.
I sacrificed my spin . . . my serves to better guard against incoming. :-(.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Why?

Point:

Great Point!!!

I would also suggest practicing service return. Sounds like you don't have the proper timing when coming in contact with the ball.

Remember, that you blade cannot be static when you receive the spin. This means that if you are simply keeping the blade back as a block and trying to receive serve, you won't be able to correctly predict the angle to use to counteract the spin due to many variables - such as a speed of the ball.

If you practice returns and actually learn to apply spin - you will be able to put your own spin on the ball and cancel the current ball spin. This will guarantee your success.

So my point is that you must make sure to start your stroke before the ball reaches your paddle. Otherwise, you won't have energy in the stroke to apply your own spin!

I hope I've explained it well enough.
Back to table tennis...
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 8:54pm

non grippy topsheet, non bouncy (not a high tension rubber), not too soft not too hard, not the latest brandI seriously think you shouldn't buy a new sheet as they all have more "life in them"

Just ask people at your club or put up poster to give you there throw away rubbers.   That way you can try a variety.
old generation rubbers made for speed glue might be good.
cant go wrong with an old mark 5 as someone said earlier.

But ultimately you've got to practise since for example I can backspin the ball so hard that many long pip players still hit straight on their side.  Frictionless has gone.

And having said all this, if I know youve got a less spinny rubber on your backhand I ll do all my super spinny serves to your forehand.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
pongmaster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2009 at 4:03am
As previously said the best way is to practice

but the other alternative.... :D
Long Pips!  You can not only return serves, you can wreak havoc with them.  You can loop topspin with long pips with some practice.  You can chop-block their attacks.  You can drive pushes a pop-ups.  The main disadvantage is you can only use certain shots against certain balls your opponent hits.  So if your feelin' lazy, slap on some long pips.
Blade: BTY Matsush*ta Pro Special Arylate Carbon

FH:H3

BH:Spectol
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2009 at 6:54am
I personally love old traditional bryce.  not spinny but can if need be, not fast if you dont glue but can be when you want it to be
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2009 at 7:27am
yasaka visco is maybe what you looking for!
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic