Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wang Hao's Spirit is Back!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by jdzhao jdzhao wrote:

Schlager looks very ugly to me, his upper body is too straight, his legs too stiff, most time he looks like he is only moving his upper arm, just not good at all....

Of course he derserves lot of credit for coming out of a small program and won the world champ, lot of talent for sure.

I'm sure that he doesn't look handsome either but his stiffness is certainly his '' trademark ''. He has such a robotic style but tremendously smart and very unique.
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

Schlager looks very ugly to me, his upper body is too straight, his legs too stiff, most time he looks like he is only moving his upper arm, just not good at all....

Of course he derserves lot of credit for coming out of a small program and won the world champ, lot of talent for sure.

I'm sure that he doesn't look handsome either but his stiffness is certainly his '' trademark ''. He has such a robotic style but tremendously smart and very unique.

I love Schlager's style.  Compact and efficient.  Plays smart.  Among the best serves in the game. 
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 4:33pm
I never followed him closely. In the last new years, I don't remember watching any clip with him winning, at least against all Chinese players. What caused his decline?

He is quite handsome actually

I am going to guess it is the ball size change, his lack of power and rally abilities outweighs his touch and smarts.
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 4:46pm
I think he is kinda ugly and he hasn't been practising a lot for like 5 yrs or more.
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 8:02pm
Regarding Wang Hao: His spirit is definitely back, and he is in better shape, however, he's still not the World Champion and World's #1 Wang Hao. He hit his peak, got lazy and declined, and now he's going back up, though he's still not quite there yet. Ma Long/Xu Xin/Zhang Jike are still stronger than him at the present time, although he is a little more mature with more experience and his mental game is probably better too.
Viscaria
T05/T64
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 10:07pm
Wang Hao recently knocked out Zhang JK convincingly at German open. I bet he can give Ma Long a pretty good match right now. He really got all the elements, especially style and power, look at the dude, he is built like a boxer, awesome power!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 10:25pm

I never followed him closely. In the last new years, I don't remember watching any clip with him winning, at least against all Chinese players. What caused his decline?

If you are talking about Schlager, he is now 38 years old.  From 2001-2005 he was consistently in the top 10 in world rankings.  Since 2005 he has been hovering around #15 and is currently ranked #16, so it is hard to say he has declined that much.  He was world champion in 2003, third in the worlds in 1999, and Euro Top 12 winner in 2000.  If anything, he has been quite consistent and is playing at a very very high level considering his age.  But the only time he had big wins at major championships against top Chinese was at the Paris worlds in 2003 when he was playing the best of his life.  I suppose he got it when he needed it!

If you are talking about Wang Hao, he is the defending world champion and he got a bit lazy.  Say what you will about Ma Long (and he is awesome), if I was a betting man, I would still put my money on Wang Hao for the worlds in 2011.  And if not him, I would bet on Xu Xin.
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 10:32pm
I was talking about Schlager, I had to retype since my browser crashed, lost his name. Didn't know he is a senior citizen, then everything makes sense.

Wang Hao looks good to me too, see my comments in last post. But I would say it is 50/50 between him and Ma Long. Wang Hao is also a little vulnerable to left handers, never did too well against Hao Shuai.
wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2010 at 12:34am
Originally posted by ttCrawsaive ttCrawsaive wrote:

I remember Wang Hao at his strongest moment around 2007-2008.
He was playing one feet away from the table attacking with strong topspins, FH and BH, topspinning all the time.

If he comes back in that style, I think he can be No.1 again.

Keen observation indeed. My Chinese coach from China says almost the same thing about playing one foot away from the table. If we can handle all kinds of incoming balls from a close table position we have a better chance of controlling the game and winning points. But we have to be at the top of our shape to react fast and deliver the ball accurately.
Eric Yu
1st Blade: KTS Red + Omega II, Tenergy 64
2nd Blade: Butterfly Haruvatart-S ZL Carbon + Omega III, Tenergy 05
Dream Blade:Special Cypress Custom (Special Royal Treasure Art Product)+ Narucr
wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2010 at 12:42am
Someone from my local TT Club told me tonight that Ma Lin had defeated WLQ and won the 5th ticket for going to Moscow.

The formation of the Chinese Powerhouse now shall include Xu Xin, Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Wang Hao and Ma Lin.

I feel sorry for WLQ because he had worked so hard in those brutal elimination battles.
Eric Yu
1st Blade: KTS Red + Omega II, Tenergy 64
2nd Blade: Butterfly Haruvatart-S ZL Carbon + Omega III, Tenergy 05
Dream Blade:Special Cypress Custom (Special Royal Treasure Art Product)+ Narucr
Jura12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jura12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2010 at 3:40am
2010 Chinese Trial 4

Ma Lin - Wang Liqin    rmvb  376 Mb

http://down.bokett.com/vi/20100512mlvswlq.rmvb
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2010 at 6:45am

Wang Hao recently knocked out Zhang JK convincingly at German open. I bet he can give Ma Long a pretty good match right now.

He can beat Ma Long, he could've do it in Berlin,
luck wasn't yet with him.
Ih he comes back in that Spinny style, ma long is gone, for sure.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic