FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Richard DeWitt - HD YouTube Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2010 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Carbon TT Carbon TT wrote:

What a total waste of footage recording that slob.  He is complete cheater by using an illegal racket and I have even heard him at Baltimore last year saying he hoped no one would check his racket so he didn't have to put new rubber on.

My 2 cents: we would degenerate into squabble-filled little world of backstabbing and intrigue if we had to sic players on each other trying to find out if anyone's rubbers have been "too old" or "lost too much traction from original state"... also how would expect the umpire to determine that. I agree that Rich's rubbers are not regular Mark V, they are old and glassy, but I do not see any reasons he should not be allowed to play with them. Why is it his problem that companies which make Anti rubbers make so few of them they do not have good sponges or speed required by an offensive player? I understand that formally - under wise guidance of ITTF and Mr. Sharara himself - it is a capital offense to play with "junky" rubbers, but if we allow ourselves to go down that road even in our local and state-level tournaments then we will truly deserve further deterioration of TT in the USA.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

What a total waste of footage recording that slob.  He is complete cheater by using an illegal racket and I have even heard him at Baltimore last year saying he hoped no one would check his racket so he didn't have to put new rubber on.

My 2 cents: we would degenerate into squabble-filled little world of backstabbing and intrigue if we had to sic players on each other trying to find out if anyone's rubbers have been "too old" or "lost too much traction from original state"... also how would expect the umpire to determine that. I agree that Rich's rubbers are not regular Mark V, they are old and glassy, but I do not see any reasons he should not be allowed to play with them. Why is it his problem that companies which make Anti rubbers make so few of them they do not have good sponges or speed required by an offensive player? I understand that formally - under wise guidance of ITTF and Mr. Sharara himself - it is a capital offense to play with "junky" rubbers, but if we allow ourselves to go down that road even in our local and state-level tournaments then we will truly deserve further deterioration of TT in the USA.

While I don't agree with the namecalling, inverted rubbers that have glassy spots and grippy spots are far more deceptive than Anti. Especially in the hands of players with the skills and touch to take advantage of those differences.

But I do agree that the wear rule is just another way to drive money to the manufacturers.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2010 at 12:50am
Old regular rubber is absolutely more deceptive than anti, the rules state the the surface of the topsheet must be consistent. Anti is produced and approved in a very consistent state. If a player shows you a racket with Mark V on it, you should have the right to expect it to play like Mark V. Otherwise why should the ITTF bother approving topsheets at all? I don't believe its for the manufactures benefit at all.

As for the slob comment, I challenge any of you to try being within 3 feet of him for more than 2 mins and not feeling like you either want to barf, pass out, or run to take a shower. He doesn't seem to have any concept of personal hygiene whatsoever.
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
foz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2010 at 10:49am
Originally posted by esnift esnift wrote:

Originally posted by foz foz wrote:

These two guys look like they hate the game! Iv'e seen better body language on a cow in an abertoir!!Cool

Abertoir: an annual horror / horror film festival held in the Aberystwyth Arts Centre in Ceredigion, Wales during the months of October and November. It was started in 2006 and is now in its third year. It is the only horror-themed film festival in Wales, and commenced 2008's festival with an original reel of Halloween to celebrate the film's 30th anniversary.

Big smile
spelling corrected! The footage WAS similar to that of a horror film though !LOL
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
TIBHAR 5Q MAX FH
ANDRO SHIFTER P/S 2.0 BH    
BTY ZHANG JIKE FL
foz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by esnift esnift wrote:

Originally posted by foz foz wrote:

These two guys look like they hate the game! Iv'e seen better body language on a cow in an abertoir!!Cool

Abertoir: an annual horror / horror film festival held in the Aberystwyth Arts Centre in Ceredigion, Wales during the months of October and November. It was started in 2006 and is now in its third year. It is the only horror-themed film festival in Wales, and commenced 2008's festival with an original reel of Halloween to celebrate the film's 30th anniversary.

Big smile
Spelling corrected! The footage WAS similar to that of a horror film though! LOL I hope we're not getting into spelling correction on this site! i'll have to change most of my posts!
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
TIBHAR 5Q MAX FH
ANDRO SHIFTER P/S 2.0 BH    
BTY ZHANG JIKE FL
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2010 at 11:15am

As for the slob comment, I challenge any of you to try being within 3 feet of him for more than 2 mins and not feeling like you either want to barf, pass out, or run to take a shower. He doesn't seem to have any concept of personal hygiene whatsoever.

LOL Well that's more illegal than his rubber. Perhaps ITTF should make a rule about personal VOC emission?
LOL
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2010 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

LOL Well that's more illegal than his rubber. Perhaps ITTF should make a rule about personal VOC emission?
LOL
That would be awesome haha, it seems that a lot of cultures that have a heavy presence in table tennis seem to not understand what deodorant isLOL
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2010 at 10:31pm

That would be awesome haha, it seems that a lot of cultures that have a heavy presence in table tennis seem to not understand what deodorant isLOL

Actually, the U.S. is kind of the world's odd duck in this regard. As a culture, we are far more obsessed with removing our natural scent (deodorant soaps? glade plug in air fresheners? scented body wash?). We regularly apply things like Aluminum oxide and whatever else we can get our hands on to our armpits in order to replace our own unique scents with that of a brand owned by a corporation.
Ever run into someone and something about them reminds you of someone else, only to realize they they were simply using the same deodorant stick?

Rich is just a bit more worldly than most of us.

Edited by icontek - 10/03/2010 at 10:34pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2010 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

LOL

That is simply not true (at least on some occasions). I myself have set down right next to Rich quite a few times while talking to him about stuff - I didn't detect anything out of the ordinary. Some sweat odor is to be expected and I bet after a couple of matches I do not smell like a rose as I sweat rather profusely... this is a pretty physical sport, my friends. I do try and change my shirt however every 2-3 hours or so...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
raflispet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raflispet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2010 at 9:39am
Rich recently changed his rubber and has new rubber. The match against Emad he had new rubber. His backhand is hit hard with chop and is ridiculously difficult to return effectively. He has fast hands, reads spin well,  a consistent game, can loop from both wings and despite what most people think moves quite well. He does not smell. Just my 2 cents...
Stiga Kjell Johansson Clipper (conic handle)
FH: Mark V mx
BH: Mark V mx
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2010 at 2:25am
Anyone griping about infrequent showering should have lived in Germany in the 80s and early 90s. It cost an AWFUL lot of money for hot water (and a fortune to warm up the apt even a few degrees), so using hot water required the average person to make a dificult choice to sacrifice something else, like a portion or two of beer or bread. that is a mightily hard choice to make. That caused a lot of people to make a natural balance of once or twice a week for that chore.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
caishl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caishl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2010 at 5:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic