FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Another "what's my rating" thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another "what's my rating" thread
    Posted: 11/20/2010 at 3:20pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBDhOidytJM

Here is the video and an other one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsHt5eRtgw

Nothing serious. Me and my partners was just hitting some. When I watched those videos I didnt like what I saw. I'm just too lazy and slow. But its not my best thats a relief... Other than that I want to know what my US rating is because everybody talks about their ratings and I want to know where I stand.
ps: I'm the black shirt guy.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Sponsored Links

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2010 at 3:52pm
Maybe somewhere between 1800-2000?

If you were for aggressive with your fh, you would be at a much higher level.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2010 at 3:57pm
You would be around 2200 if the way you play with your partner is the same level you play with other players. It's hard to give a rating based on playing with one player, but you have proper form and block well as well as some unique serves. You are definitely better than 1800 imo.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2010 at 4:08pm
Actually a Turkish guy living in US told me that he was 1850 and I beat him easily 3-0 . But I heard that there is a difference in west and east costs in terms of competition. So raitings may vary in different states...
Maybe I should wait for a serious tournament and record those matches...
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2010 at 4:29pm
My guess would definitely be around the 2000 level. I can occasionally beat an 1800 player, but I think you'd destroy me without much effort.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2010 at 6:34pm
From the videos, you look about 1800. But of course tournaments can be different.
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2010 at 7:51pm
At least 1900. Strong 1900, maybe plus more ...
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 12:29am
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBDhOidytJM

Here is the video and an other one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsHt5eRtgw

Nothing serious. Me and my partners was just hitting some. When I watched those videos I didnt like what I saw. I'm just too lazy and slow. But its not my best thats a relief... Other than that I want to know what my US rating is because everybody talks about their ratings and I want to know where I stand.
ps: I'm the black shirt guy.

If you came to my tournament today I'd have rated you 2050...
bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 2:29am
2450 for sure
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 4:11am
Originally posted by bowebj bowebj wrote:

2450 for sure
 from what I've seen, thats a bit too high, but he's well above 2000.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 4:26am
Yes, I would also give you the initial 2000 +- 100 if you happen to visit our club in Sofia.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 8:00am
I've seen 2000 USATT rated player. I think you are better. Roundrobin estimation is fair. Above 2000 under 2100. If you are not a bit lazy with your FH, I would rated you higher, closer to 2100.
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Yes, I would also give you the initial 2000 +- 100 if you happen to visit our club in Sofia.
Do the Bulgarians have the exact same ratings as America? 
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 6:34pm
in between 2000 and 2100 sounds right to me.

2450 had to be a non-serious comment, though.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

2450 had to be a non-serious comment, though.

His always are.

A treasure of MYTT.net, that one is.

Dead

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 7:05pm
 You seem to have a nice playing style and good spin ability.
Just note that  in general a pie in the sky estimated , maybe sorta big guess by players from around the world trying to compare a player from a competly different Country to a USA system of official Tounament play is just that................ 'a pie in the sky estimated , maybe sorta big guess by players from around the World..........
 Also many of the USA posters don't have a official USA rating either .
So don't worry if we all have a guess and your level is guess higher or lower.
 Having said all that my pick the score estimate is 2037 give or take a hundred each way

More importantly do you play in a league in Turkey or do you have rating or ranking there?
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2010 at 9:15pm
Depends how often you practice with the guy in the red how much it as edited (seems not much) and how much he's getting on that FH (you make it look pretty easy) but either way over 2000. I never seen any videos of US guys rated under 2000 who are anywhere near that consistent and that's the main thing when winning a game. Anyone can hit a good shot but not many can hit heaps of them without missing one. I'm not so sure you would play as well against a guy where you couldn't feed off his FH like you do with this guy but if you do attack more against other guys then higher again.

What about the guy in Red? I don't think I would beat him on any given day, I could out hit him but he looks too smart and too many angles for me

Edited by nicefrog - 11/21/2010 at 9:18pm

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 12:25am
I'm playing 3 days a week, 3-4 hours a day.  There are super, first and second devision on our country. I can play in second and first divisions. Actually I can play in super league too but I got no chance against that guys...  But there is no raiting system in here.
Red shirt guy is playing for 5-6 years and thats the main difference between us.(I'm playing for 10 years) I'm a guy who emphesis his opponents weak points. Red shirt guys name is Bora. And he is very very good if I send him fast and spinny balls. But he got problems with slow and dead balls. Thats why I kept blocking.
I do lob a lot too. Depends on my opponent.
I'll put some other vids from serious tournaments. This will give better idea I guess...

Edited by TSuBaSa - 11/22/2010 at 12:26am
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 1:45am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

No, we have a rating system only for the "professional" players. That's why I am using Zermelo to submit the tournaments to RatingsCentral and hence try to comply with their criteria which are almost identical to those of USATT.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 5:25am

No, we have a rating system only for the "professional" players. That's why I am using Zermelo to submit the tournaments to RatingsCentral and hence try to comply with their criteria which are almost identical to those of USATT.
ok Im sorry I didn't know it was almost identical, (very small laugh) I thought it was way too extream for two people in the US to actually agree on someones rating. I find it easier to understand what level a person plays in thier own Country firstly because in this case TSubasa plays in regular high level competion. So to me he is a high level player from Turkey. I know Tsubasa wanted people to guess his rating so I blameing anyone as he probly asking out of interest. 
 My point is that we can all make a guess which is just a guess, I do however value experienced US Turnament organisers and current active tounament players views more as their guess could be more a better guess than my guess from the bottom of the World
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 9:53am
Playing freely and playing for points are also two different things. In our case standard deviation of -100 to +100 is justified from what I see in Youtube. Most probably, in a real game, TSuBaSa will lose against our 2000 rated player.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 10:25am

RatingsCentral is arguably "more accurate" than USATT rating (in terms of fine granularity, and finding subtle rating differences between a group of players over time) but it's also very deflationary (when used on closed groups of players over time).

For example:

Compare Thor Truelson's USATT and Ratings Central Rating and History since 2006
USATT 2188
Ratings Central 2086

According to USATT, Thor is a high 2100's player who peaks around 2300 and spends much of those four years time in the 2200's.

According to RC for that same period, Thor was a 2400+ player who has slowly and steadily been declining to a high 2000's level See Graph .

Which is accurate? Well, Ratings Central has more match results, but many of them are against the same players. So part of what you are seeing there is a "correction" from an artificially high initial rating (2500?) and an adjustment "within the group".

What RC does really well is allows players from geographically different groups (established leagues, especially) to play seeded matches with somewhat more predictable results.

TL;DR Report
RatingsCentral and USATT are similar, but USATT ratings are usually slightly higher for the same player, especially if the RC matches are more frequent.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

RatingsCentral is arguably "more accurate" than USATT rating (in terms of fine granularity, and finding subtle rating differences between a group of players over time) but it's also very deflationary (when used on closed groups of players over time).

For example:

Compare Thor Truelson's USATT and Ratings Central Rating and History since 2006
USATT 2188
Ratings Central 2086

According to USATT, Thor is a high 2100's player who peaks around 2300 and spends much of those four years time in the 2200's.

According to RC for that same period, Thor was a 2400+ player who has slowly and steadily been declining to a high 2000's level See Graph .

Which is accurate? Well, Ratings Central has more match results, but many of them are against the same players. So part of what you are seeing there is a "correction" from an artificially high initial rating (2500?) and an adjustment "within the group".

What RC does really well is allows players from geographically different groups (established leagues, especially) to play seeded matches with somewhat more predictable results.

TL;DR Report
RatingsCentral and USATT are similar, but USATT ratings are usually slightly higher for the same player, especially if the RC matches are more frequent.

The problem with RC ratings is that the majority of USATT sanctioned matches are not being reported to RC because they are viewed as a competitor to USATT's rating system, so in the U.S., at least, RC are stuck with a very small pool of data for each player.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 2:53pm
In my own case, for example, RC only has records of me playing in informal weekly meets during '06-'07 at a local university, were the organizer decided to submit the results.  It was a club where I was one of the sponsors and I only played there for a good time, not for serious competition.  Those who know me know that I always bring different bats and rubbers to try in practice matches, so I am a little surprised that RC considered those matches as the measuring stick of my level.  At the same time, RC completed ignored the results of the 181 USATT-sanctioned tournament matches that I've played from '06 on. 
Ermm

Edited by roundrobin - 11/22/2010 at 2:58pm
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 3:12pm
TsuBaSa, nice vids. You have good control/placement and consistency. I would say you are USATT 2150.

You don't look lazy, more like your style is passive. Not aggressive.

But like others have noted, it looks like you know your opponent well, so you might be better or worse than 2150. LOL

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2014 at 12:51pm
Here is another vid .
After 5 serious matches I Was all Tired and I hate to play against that Guy (short pips On fh and he just Keeps the Ball On the table ) So What do you think about that Clip?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=&v=3j3sXvFx5A0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3j3sXvFx5A0%26feature%3D
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

JonathanVN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2014 at 1:21pm
That looks like some 2100-2200 play to me. You are a little bit too slow and predictable for anything above 2250, but nevertheless some very good play. 
2015 USATT Ratings:
1823 (Jan)
1840 (Feb)
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2014 at 1:43pm
it is impossible to guess rating looking at selected shots.

just like if you see the videos on my signature, i will look much higher rated than i actually am.

there are few things that decide ratings:
- maturity of your shots (one can assess this in videos)
- accuracy percentage (one cannot assess this in videos)
- age and mobility related decay (one cannot correctly predict it through videos)

So Tusaba.. i can only say about the first one. Your shots are fairly mature, but not much penetrating. So if your error percentage is low then you are high rated defender/all rounder ... if your error rate is high then you are lower rated all rounder.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic