Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acuda S2 vs Tenergy 05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acuda S2 vs Tenergy 05
    Posted: 03/23/2011 at 5:11am

hi guys just want to have your opinions on both rubbers. 
i wanna change my fh rubber which is H3 neo commercial and asking if either the two rubber here in front would suit my blade and my playing style. Btw im a close table hard looper. I wanna loop with much much more spin even sacrificing a bit power which would you recommend for my carbon blade (Donic Persson power carbon V1) Off+. Do you think guys euro/jap rubber could ease my problem because i have some difficulties in looping the ball when the ball is a bit short on the table. thanks! Wink
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

Sponsored Links

silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 9:36am
IMO, T05 may give marginally more spin than S2 but S2 may be easier to control in this kind of game.  That said, I use Baracuda for my fh.  I play fairly close-in and use a fast all-wood blade (from Ian Worz).  For me, the high throw of Baracuda helped in the short play, it seemed easy to handle.  

My suggestion is to try Baracuda since it will provide more spin than S2 or T05 and would be more controllable on a fast, stiff blade.  Otherwise, if the decision is only between S2 and T05, I'd pop for the S2 with its marginally better control.    

Sometimes on balls that are close-in and short, I use a slightly flatter stroke and flick my wrist up fast just as I contact the ball.  It helps give more deceptive spin on short balls and can be more difficult to return if you combine it good placement.  

Good luck!
ckm423 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckm423 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 2:13pm
Even Acuda S1 is softer than Neo H3, you might find S2 too soft for your forehand. I would try S1 first, Tenergy 05 is better at powerlooping but it's too expensive!
Yasaka Extra
FH: DHS Neo Skyline 2
BH: Donic Acuda S2 2.0mm
USATT:1876
My Feedback!

EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 5:55pm
I go for S2 in terms of near the table loop, it has a higher ARC(throw) than the T05, T05 is good in near the table loop but its better to loop off the table like mid with the T05 where you can see its full power.   I agree with Baracuda in near the table loop, it has a higher arc(throw).  You can also consider S3.  I can also recommend 868 kokutaku tokyo tacky version, it has more power than baracuda with the same characteristics.  Your coming from a H3 hard rubber this wont be a hard adjustment.   I hope it helps.
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 6:34pm
i dont have problems in using soft rubbers, i have tried already calibra lt sound and acuda s3 on fh. maybe baracuda would help? kindly review it? :D
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 6:36pm
S2 has higher throw than T05?? 
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 6:43pm
I wouldn't say that Acuda S2 has a higher throw, although it is similar. Tenergy 05 has a longer dwell time than Acuda S2 though. I went through several Acuda S2 sheets so I am familiar with the rubber. It's great for a Tenergy 05 substitute, however.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by pablogilberto pablogilberto wrote:

S2 has higher throw than T05?? 

It has been my experience that the two have a similar throw.  
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 5:56am
hmmm so tenergy 05 wins on having much dwell time = more spin than acuda s2. But acuda s2 is much more controllable than tenergy 05 am i right?
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 9:39am
in terms of control, that is very subjective, depending on how you stroke the ball.   Both of the rubbers are highly controllable, with C-pen grip, control is not a problem. 
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 9:58am
so we could just compare in terms of the spin and the speed right? i will use my Dppc as my blade. fast carbon blade though its off+.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 10:27am
Instead of adjusting to a different kind of rubber why not just swap to H2. You'll get used to it in one or two days and wont miss those short balls anymore ?Thumbs Up Neither Acuda or T05 are any good at short balls over the table

Edited by bluebucket - 03/24/2011 at 10:28am
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 6:54pm
im just thinking if euro/jap rubbers would suit me best because of the easy chance to loop the ball more. One more thing is that i think my H3 neo is sensitive in incoming spin, like the spin of the service.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 8:57am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Instead of adjusting to a different kind of rubber why not just swap to H2. You'll get used to it in one or two days and wont miss those short balls anymore ?Thumbs Up Neither Acuda or T05 are any good at short balls over the table

Originally posted by mayuki24 mayuki24 wrote:

im just thinking if euro/jap rubbers would suit me best because of the easy chance to loop the ball more. One more thing is that i think my H3 neo is sensitive in incoming spin, like the spin of the service.

You'll pardon me if I don't see what is wrong with H3 for those shots. Unlike german and japanese rubbers, it excels at off the bounce loopkills. Likely it's the OFF+ blade that is the problem. You're playing with something that is designed to give you enough power to finish the point when you are 5-10 feet back from the table. Loopkills that close to the table don't require anything faster than ALL and some decent technique.

The sensitivity to spin that H3/H2 have is a blessing in disguise. It lets you turn your opponents spin against them, and if anything makes loopkills over-the-table against side under service easier. No offense intended, but if you have genuinely have the level/ability to control an OFF+ blade, you should expect to have the service return skills to read incoming spin from regular opponents.

p.s.
The only japanese rubber that I know of that excels at off the bounce looping is BTY Ekrips or Ekrips soft. Soft topsheet and sponge for high control off the bounce, it produces spin solely with the sponge. With a super grippy topsheet and soft sponge, it is also susceptible to incoming spin.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Originally posted by mayuki24 mayuki24 wrote:

You'll pardon me if I don't see what is wrong with H3 for those shots. Unlike german and japanese rubbers, it excels at off the bounce loopkills. Likely it's the OFF+ blade that is the problem. You're playing with something that is designed to give you enough power to finish the point when you are 5-10 feet back from the table. Loopkills that close to the table don't require anything faster than ALL and some decent technique.

The sensitivity to spin that H3/H2 have is a blessing in disguise. It lets you turn your opponents spin against them, and if anything makes loopkills over-the-table against side under service easier. No offense intended, but if you have genuinely have the level/ability to control an OFF+ blade, you should expect to have the service return skills to read incoming spin from regular opponents.
Agreed. When I was using H2 Neo, there were some balls that were really short, but I could still loopkill them with relative ease. Off the bounce kills were also very easy, but I'm also using an OFF- blade (though it feels like ALL+ with H2 Neo on it). Some setups may be slow or fast, but power and control are largely player based.

I'll disagree with you, icontek about incomming spin since it seemed to me that the tackiness of the rubber aided in reducing the reaction to spin. Or maybe I'm a better reader than I thought Wink. Although, it's sometimes better to have to be more responsible because even if you switch to something less reactive (like my switch to Thor's) you can make even better returns.

EDIT:  If you want something good for your style of game, Express 2 works well, though you will want to slow down your blade - it's called Express for a reason. Wink

Edited by TheRobot99 - 03/25/2011 at 9:42am
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2011 at 6:15pm
thanks for those comments. when im receiving a side spin service or tomahawk service i just brush loop it to the backhand of the opponent to kill him fast and most likely my shot is going inside. 

I dont have problems in receiving tomahawk serve or sidespin serves which i would just brush loop or spin that ball which im a lefty i could also reverse the incoming spin. 

Im good in reading the ball though. Sometimes im just having problems like when my opponent uses tenergy 05 on fh and he have a great service skill and most likely even if i could read the spin of the ball i have difficulties in the spin he produces thats why when it reaches my rubber sometimes the ball is getting out and its hard to chop.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic