Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wang Hao, Story of a winning finalist HD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTImpossible View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTImpossible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wang Hao, Story of a winning finalist HD
    Posted: 08/12/2012 at 6:42am

Hi, here is a video tribute to Wang Hao, he lost 3 times in the finals of the Olympic Games!
Then do not hesitate to tell me what you think and leave comments.

Follow Olympic Games on our site:

Follow us on Facebook:

And subscribe to our Twitter account:
TTImpossible.. The art of Table Tennis vidéo
Sponsored Links

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 6:52am
Wang Hao is one of the athletes with the most respects in China.
He didn't fall after 2004 or 2008 and we still believe in him after 2012.
He is still one of the best TT players in the world.

He is respected because he never gives up. Works very hard and as a champion he is one of the most humble professionals in the world.

I still remember that scene when Wang Hao was at the airport after Dortmund, where a old lady gave him flowers. Wang Hao hugged her and walked with her. Wang Hao had no idea who she was, just know that she is a fan.

Wang Hao, you are a legend.
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 7:51am
^Agreed. I really wanted Wang Hao to win this one, he had very tough opponents in the last 2 olympic finals, Ryu Seung-Min and Ma Lin, and then Zhang Jike. I dont think he'll make it to the next olympics so I think his grand slam hopes are over. 2009 was his year..... (WTTC)

Just realised that the great Chinese players, Wang Liqin, Ma Lin and Wang Hao are all missing just one title to obtain a grand slam. WLQ and Wang Hao are missing an olympic title while Ma Lin is missing a WTTC title!  Nevertheless they will all be remembered as some of the finest players to come out of China in recent years. All 3 are brilliant role models for generations of TT players in the future.
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Benigma Benigma wrote:

Just realised that the great Chinese players, Wang Liqin, Ma Lin and Wang Hao are all missing just one title to obtain a grand slam. WLQ and Wang Hao are missing an olympic title while Ma Lin is missing a WTTC title!  Nevertheless they will all be remembered as some of the finest players to come out of China in recent years. All 3 are brilliant role models for generations of TT players in the future.

I think that Wang Liqin also missed the WC in his career, but he won 3 times  the WTTC...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 8:23am
Originally posted by johnny89atc johnny89atc wrote:

Originally posted by Benigma Benigma wrote:

I think that Wang Liqin also missed the WC in his career, but he won 3 times  the WTTC...

yes, 3 WTTC titles is insane, maybe he could trade 1 of them for a world cup and one for an olympic singles gold LOL
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 8:44am
I would love to have had Wang Hao's failure record.Smile
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

I would love to have had Wang Hao's failure record.Smile

I just want his backhand
and his shirts, shoes
free access to equipments
practice partners
coaches

ok, I would love to have Wang Hao's record too lol
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 9:32am
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
HarryH View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 10:35am
Want his backhand too. And trying now , trying all rest of my life.
Wish him best. Believe he will be around table tennis for a long time.
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 11:55am
he should be a outstanding techical coach for cpen players given his pioneer and experiences in rpb and power loop.

Edited by zheyi - 08/12/2012 at 11:56am
gweipwu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gweipwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Wang Hao is one of the athletes with the most respects in China.
He didn't fall after 2004 or 2008 and we still believe in him after 2012.
He is still one of the best TT players in the world.

He is respected because he never gives up. Works very hard and as a champion he is one of the most humble professionals in the world.

I still remember that scene when Wang Hao was at the airport after Dortmund, where a old lady gave him flowers. Wang Hao hugged her and walked with her. Wang Hao had no idea who she was, just know that she is a fan.

Wang Hao, you are a legend.

Mr. Wang Hao, first he is a human like everyone of us. Secondly he is a hero, true hero.

MrScience101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrScience101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 1:02pm
I thought he got a gold in team table tennis?
gweipwu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gweipwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2012 at 9:52pm
You are right. Wang Hao just has no luck on Olympic singles.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 1:41am
Originally posted by gweipwu gweipwu wrote:

he has 5 olympic medals , few players can match that
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 4:44am
Dont need to be sorry for him. Look at these:-
1) World Champion in Single once
2) Olympic Champion in team twice
3) World Cup Champion 3 times
4) Olympic Silver Medalist in Single 3 times
5) Lots of ITTF single champion
6) Countless World Team champion
7) World Double Champion once
8) Twice China Champion
9) Countless other champions

FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 4:53am
WH was just lucky to appear on last Olympics. There are more than one chinese player who are stronger than he now. For his third silver he has to thank to some strange qualification rules which put him in front of Ma Long.

WTTC is stronger competition than Olympics. So, WLQ's 3 golds are much more valuable.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 6:09am
ZJK and Wang Hao were the highest ranking Chinese players at the time of submit name to Olympic a year ago, not who is the strongest days or month before Olympic. So there is nothing wrong letting Wang play and he finished his job without failing anyone especially Liu. That is winning all possible medals possible for China. Unless there is something dramatic happened to Wang, there really is no good reason to replace him. 

In fact when ZJK nearly lost to Samsonov, Liu told him to play all out like he already lost. In Liu's mind ZJK may be the strongest but he does not have the same confidence in him like Wang. 
WTTC may be more competitive, but in any atheletes' mind Olympic Gold is much more important and difficult to get as Olympic will reach a much wider audience and greater influence in the global scale, not just limited to TT enthusiasts like WTTC.
KleinesDickesAilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KleinesDickesAilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 6:39am
Mr. RPB, he'll be remembered forever.
Kugelblitz
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by ssiew968 ssiew968 wrote:

Dont need to be sorry for him. Look at these:-
1) World Champion in Single once
2) Olympic Champion in team twice
3) World Cup Champion 3 times
4) Olympic Silver Medalist in Single 3 times
5) Lots of ITTF single champion
6) Countless World Team champion
7) World Double Champion once
8) Twice China Champion
9) Countless other champions

I had overlooked #3.  I forgot that he won the World Cup 3 times.  For me, Wang Hao is indeed a great player and nothing can take that away from him.  However, there is also a part of me that thinks he could have been more.  Unfortunately, when you're a Chinese player, the standard is higher as you are judged along with your peers, which means the standard for greatness is the triple crown - WTTC, WC, and OG.  When I wrote "could have been", I mean he could have taken out Maze in 2005.  This was his second WTTC.  He could have taken out Ma Lin in 2008.  He was surprised by RSM in 2004 but he should have been playing like an animal in '08.  He might have taken out ZJK in 2011 WTTC.  I think he was outgunned in this year's OG but I don't know if he prepared more on his own this year.  If you're training with the guys you know you're gonna face, better do what Deng Yaping did and stay a few hours after team practice.  Maybe he did and ZJK is just too good.  I also think he wasted some time after his 2009 WTTC victory doing the party scene.

Wang Hao will be celebrated.  I think he's great.  I just hope people don't focus on what's missing and what he achieved instead.
Loop40mm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop40mm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 11:36am
He will be remembered in table tennis history as the one who revived CPen with his RPB.  I am enjoying RPB.
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V

FH Tenergy 05

BH DHS Tin Arc 3

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

WH was just lucky to appear on last Olympics. There are more than one chinese player who are stronger than he now. For his third silver he has to thank to some strange qualification rules which put him in front of Ma Long.

WTTC is stronger competition than Olympics. So, WLQ's 3 golds are much more valuable.

I wonder why you say it is strange that WH was ranked higher than Ma Long? I don't think it was a strange qualifcation rule, only strange is that the qualifcation was done 1 year prior to the actual event. But based on qualifcaiton, WH got the rights to play by being higher ranked than Ma Long.

The whole worlds knew that June 2011 world ranking will be taken into account to determine the qualifications.

Ma Long's only problem was not winning enough points in the world champs and/or getting more points in the pro tours leading to June's ranking.

As per June 2011 rankings, Wang Hao was ranked 1 in the world and had first spot from China.
http://www.ittf.com/ittf_ranking/world_ranking1.asp?s_Month=6&s_Year=2011&U18=0&U21=0&U15=0&Siniors=1&s_Gender=M

LGL just didn't pull the same stunt as SZH did for Ding Ning.

Edited by ZApenholder - 08/14/2012 at 1:38pm
gweipwu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gweipwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by gweipwu gweipwu wrote:

he has 5 olympic medals , few players can match that

You are right again, I meant Wang Hao just has no luck on Gold metdal of Olympic singles. 

Maybe it is not the word luck can describe. Look at his FH and also his mental strenth is not supper compare to ZJK. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic