Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

solo training

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2007 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by GantZ GantZ wrote:

What exercises can you do to increase waist turning power?ďż˝ Also how do you stop the waist from becoming circular motion because it dissipates the forward power?

Waist turning is generated by the forward armswing of the racket and the forward weight transfer from back foot to front foot. When the front foot hits the floor the waist turns so that the energy can be dissipated smoothly.
Thus its legs hipps and shoulder that give the power: - the waist itself just needs to be supple
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
Sponsored Links

ooDKNYoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooDKNYoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 11:30am
serve,footwork can be trained without partner...but u should have a partner to receive your serve,and so you can know what's the spin of your serve
D.A.T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.A.T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2007 at 11:07pm
To throw another spanner into the works, I suggest taking up a quality martial art. Studying karate for a few years really improved my balance, timing, speed, concentration. Also aids in using the whole body to put force behind/on the ball
Blade: DHS Magician M-03
FH: 729 GEOSPIN TACKY
BH: 729 SUPER SOFT
DTopSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2007 at 4:24pm
I've written some thoughts about training by yourself (including service practice, shadow play, footwork drills, video analysis, robots, exercise, and mental training), which you might find helpful.

pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2007 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by dondish dondish wrote:

u can always watch your top spin techniques in the mirror and find out what has 2 b improved

This may work for some people, but for the amateurs I've taught, their practice swing is never the same as their actual swing. I'm teaching this kid to serve, and his form is great when I ask him to show me the motion without a ball, but once he tries it with a ball, he does it all differently. So using a mirror may have a very limited benefit.

-   pimpmyracket   -

729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon, FL
Cream MRS
- 2.2mm
Stiga Innova - 2.0mm
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2007 at 9:19pm
That he does it correctly without the ball shows, in part, the value of shadow practice.  The strokes should be learned in "muscle memory"  Doing them incorrectly causes you to learn them incorrectly.  When done in the mirror where you can see your errors and correct them, you enable yourself to learn them correctly.  In time you will have corrected your form and your muscle memory will have the proper stroke ingrained.

This practice without the ball is very helpful in training for proper timing of ball contact in relation to the body.  With no ball to deal with you will always practice the contact timing correctly.  Then when you have the ball to deal with you will automatically want to use your feet move to the ball in order to contact the ball the same way you have been doing it in your shadow practice.

You should have your student do the serve practice without the ball until it transfers to doing it correctly with the ball.  This may take time, but it will work.
YEO

Boost TP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic