Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom rubber closest to Tenergy 05/64?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTeveryday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTeveryday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom rubber closest to Tenergy 05/64?
    Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:17am
What Xiom rubber feels closest to Tenergy 05 and 64 (speed, spin, sponge, etc.)?

Thanks! Smile
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:25am
Probably the Vega series, Pro and Asia, respectively.  They belong to the first line of models released roughly a year after the Tenergy, so theoretically speaking, they are the closest.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
takacslaci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takacslaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:28am
Closest Xioms to Tenergy 05 are: Sigma I PRO or Vega PRO (IMHO)
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:36am
Probably Vega Pro is near, but everything is different.
Sigma Pro is not the same, but more lighter. It is very jumpy rubber.

takacslaci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takacslaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 4:48am
Yes, Sigma I pro is jumpy, when new, but getting more like T05 as getting older.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 5:00am
IMO, Omega V Pro is the closest rubber to T05 of any make I've ever tried.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 7:37am
I would vote Vega Pro if you're using higher racket speed more regularly. Vega Asia or Japan if you are a more controlled slower racket speed guy. I couldn't get on board with Omega V pro. I tried it on a few blades, and just couldn't get out of it what I wanted. It's probably me, but out of Vega Asia, Pro, Japan, and Omega 5 pro, I'd go good old Vega Pro every time. 
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 7:43am
all xiom are diff from TG series.
2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 9:35am
Sigma rubbers are like tenergy, omega series is like tenergy, vega series is like tenergy.

Confused

none of them are really like tenergy. find a rubber you're comfortable with. nothing is truly like tenergy, so if you want tenergy you'll have to cough up the money for it. sorry.

Click the picture for feedback ^
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 9:50am
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

Sigma rubbers are like tenergy, omega series is like tenergy, vega series is like tenergy.

Confused

none of them are really like tenergy. find a rubber you're comfortable with. nothing is truly like tenergy, so if you want tenergy you'll have to cough up the money for it. sorry.

The OP is asking for the CLOSEST to Tenergy, not an exact match. There is no exact match, just like there isn't an exact match to Stiga Calibra, or 729-FX, or my fingerprint.

These days, many rubbers are close to the various Tenergy options. Close enough that the VAST expense of Tenergy can't be justified unless you simply can't be bothered to adjust. I personally think that for my needs there are many better rubbers than Tenergy, so I'm happy to be rid of it and be saving money at the same time.
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 9:55am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Confused

The OP is asking for the CLOSEST to Tenergy, not an exact match. There is no exact match, just like there isn't an exact match to Stiga Calibra, or 729-FX, or my fingerprint.

These days, many rubbers are close to the various Tenergy options. Close enough that the VAST expense of Tenergy can't be justified unless you simply can't be bothered to adjust. I personally think that for my needs there are many better rubbers than Tenergy, so I'm happy to be rid of it and be saving money at the same time.

regardless, asking for the closest thing to tenergy and getting a response for each xiom rubber out there can't be helpful.

Click the picture for feedback ^
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 10:09am

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Confused

regardless, asking for the closest thing to tenergy and getting a response for each xiom rubber out there can't be helpful.

That's the wonderful thing about people's opinions. They are beautiful snowflakes, each unique and awesome in their own special way.

The OP is asking for opinions, and deeply subjective answers are inevitable. Such is life. I'm sure the OP has enough about them to make an informed decision from the above. IMO, they would probably be happy with most modern rubbers with an elastic, grippy topsheet on a porous sponge. The different opinions here are more of a reflection of how close in performance terms modern rubbers are these days.
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 10:25am
I have played with T05 on the fh for years. But I've also tried some Xiom rubbers here and there. While Xiom rubbers are not in the same class as Tenergy, if you want to find the closet thing to 05, I would recommend the higher throw rubbers Xiom offers such as Vega Pro and Omega IV Pro.

Vega Asia and Vega Euro would be more like T80 and T64 respectively, and from my experience the Sigma rubbers I tried were lower throw angle than Vega Pro and Omega IV Pro. I'm a big Tenergy fanboy and my friend let me try his backup setup with Sigma. I didn't like it at all. Then I grabbed his main setup with Omega IV Pro and I kind of liked it.

And between the two, Omega IV Pro is much more dynamic than Vega Pro. If you are on a really strict budget, Vego Pro is decent.

My 2cents.

P.S. for a T64 equivalent, I'm not exactly sure what to recommend, but I can say Vega Europe does have tallish pips, and hence a softer and bouncier/longer throw feeling than Vega Pro. (Given the same sponge.)

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 02/23/2015 at 10:29am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 10:49am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

P.S. for a T64 equivalent, I'm not exactly sure what to recommend, but I can say Vega Europe does have tallish pips, and hence a softer and bouncier/longer throw feeling than Vega Pro. (Given the same sponge.)

Vega Europe much slower and softer
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Vega Europe much slower and softer

+1
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 2:00pm
I used Omega V (both varieties) when I ran out of Tenergy 05/05FX last December.
I just happened to have brand new sheets lying around.

Honestly speaking, they don't play anything like Tenergy 05. I don't know
how anyone could say they are similar; they obviously play completely different.

After my new sheets of Tenergy 05 arrived, I took the still-good Omega V off the forehand, and replaced it with Tenergy 05. Haven't had any inclination to go back to the Omega V.

My backhand is still using the Omega V, but I'll go back to Tenergy 05FX on the 
 backhand after it wears.

The Omega V is not cheap rubber either. With Tenergy, there is no reason to use Omega V.

Sandiway
TTeveryday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTeveryday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 12:35pm
Thanks everyone. I've used Vega Asia and have been a fan. I really like the feel, but I am also looking into Xiom rubbers that are like tenergy.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 2:21pm
One word, Omega IV . well it might be two words, you get my drift.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic