Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

43 old Schlager wins Energis Masters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 4:07am

Close match, WS was able to take DO out of his comfort zone, enough to win. WS made shots when he needed them.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Sponsored Links

Philior Phimellus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philior Phimellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 8:44am
Thank you for posting the clip! I didn't know about this tournament and I really enjoy watching matches involving Schlager and Ovtcharov. I think that Dima handled Schlager's serve relatively well (was not that vulnerable to third ball attacks or aced outright), but the Austrian showed excellent precision when it came to most of his strokes and deservedly prevailed in the end.

I hope that such a massive result will inspire Schlager to make a comeback...I would really like to see him competing and leaving his mark at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil.

Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Philior Phimellus Philior Phimellus wrote:

Thank you for posting the clip! I didn't know about this tournament and I really enjoy watching matches involving Schlager and Ovtcharov. I think that Dima handled Schlager's serve relatively well (was not that vulnerable to third ball attacks or aced outright), but the Austrian showed excellent precision when it came to most of his strokes and deservedly prevailed in the end.

I hope that such a massive result will inspire Schlager to make a comeback...I would really like to see him competing and leaving his mark at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil.

Schlager is actively trying to make a comeback at the World Team Championships but it's not sure if it's too late for him to get on the Austrian team. If he will get on the team, he will compete at the World Team Championships. The Austrian Table Tennis Association will make a decision on who tbe 3rd player in the Austrian team will be by Thursday..

Edited by Pushblocker - 02/17/2016 at 7:47pm
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2016 at 3:31am
Wow. That's some news.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2016 at 9:48am
Confirmation - he's back! Schlager has been selected to replace Daniel Habesohn.

http://www.krone.at/Sport-Mix/Schlager-Comeback_fuer_die_WM_fix!-TT-Sensation-Story-496758

Group A:
China
Austria
Chinese Taipei
Greece
Czech Republic
North Korea

Edited by amateur - 02/18/2016 at 9:57am
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2016 at 7:11am
wow thats great. 
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2016 at 7:32am
Amazing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic