Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is the difference between all the Viscarias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What is the difference between all the Viscarias

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zaid323918 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaid323918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the difference between all the Viscarias
    Posted: 05/12/2017 at 6:12pm
Hi all,
I'm pretty sure there are a lotta guys who have asked similar questions but here's mine. My training partner played with someones old black tag fish-scale Viscaria and said it plays so much better than the new Viscaria (green hologram) and even better than a regular old Viscaria which he tried at the club. The only Viscarias I've tried are two of the green hologram ones so I can't say much about how the old ones play. My training partner is not some pro player and definitely not an expert on Viscarias and from what I've read fish scale ones don't play any better. I was also told by someone else that the new Viscarias are faster because of the poly ball (my partner said the old ones played faster)Confused I don't know if this is true either. So how did Butterfly change the Viscaria since its introduction? Do the different tags/versions/series play differently? If so, why? Again I am sorry for annoying everyone with a very well known question but I couldn't find this information.
Sponsored Links

photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 6:56pm
IMHO, each blade is different from another. it's made by pieces of wood cut from trees, there's no identical two pieces of wood just like there's no identical pieces of leaves.
As long as the overall quality is within certain range, the rest things like serial numbers/tags/holograms are more in people's belief. 
No question that ZJK can beat me 11:0 easily regardless which version vis i'm holding.

EJ-turned blade collector
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 9:46pm
Welcome to the forum Zaid! I am hoping some of the members like Magic_M and some others who have deep knowledge can tell you if Btfly changed construction or thickness in different series of Viscaria. My favorite blade is a black tag series H, and I have a really good one that is an I. But not all the black tag ones I've had were unusually good and I sold a couple that didn't have serial numbers because they were not all that good. Of course its all relative. Ive never had a BAD Viscaria! And it is true, they are made of wood so there will always be occasional special ones regardless of series. Just luck. But it is a good question if there were systematic changes over time.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 12:17am
wood also breaks down over time, moreso from play, but even from age, characteristics change based on moisture changes (drying out, or a cycle of humid/dry)... 
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic