FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chinese Paddle Recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I'm still missing how you think this will mess a lot of people up. Do you think they should be using really stiff blades like off+? Isn't the video quite similar to the generic setup thread recommendation of a 5-ply wood blade and not-bouncy rubbers?

Or you think most people shouldn't be using chinese rubber on their fh? I would agree with that, but it's not exactly a lifetime commitment if you buy one sheet of H3.

Some would argue that T05 is bouncy but in general, the key is always your technique. How the ball travels has more to do with how you decide to swing at it than any notion of equipment.   Dimitri Ovtcharov would never be in such a stupid video as an example of an Euro loop but he is a textbook example of what you can get if you take a different approach to the ball despite using the same rubbers that supposedly give high arcs according to the initially silly example of Euro loopers.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2017 at 1:30am
Believe it or not. The Chinese played with seriously rock-hard rubber, on top of outrageously stiff blade. The ones made by DHS, namely 08 and 032. I had a 08 when I first picked up table tennis seriously. Back then they used blood glue(from pork) for assembly, giving it the unique dark lines between the veneers. Let me tell you, that sucker was built like a tank, using all basswood, over 100g in weight. I remember my teacher paired it with some Komann inverted topsheet on top of DHS blue sponge. Ya, BS was no big deal back then, cost like dirt for roughly US$1, when Japanese sponge was the shit and Friendship 729 topsheet was still king of the hill. Owning Sriver or Mark V was a symbol of wealth, class and capitalism. Who would've thought...

http://www.sundns.org/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287976

That era also saw the peak of Avalox P500/P700 coupled with Friendship 729 on top of rock-hard sponge that had been speedglued like there's no tomorrow, when KLH won the WTTC in 1995, signaling the return of decades-long Chinese dominance. That laid the groundwork for the Stiga Offensive Classic, which was still several years away from the limelight and Clipper, which was the de facto blade for the fast-attack style with pips, not two-wing inverted looping like it is today!

The era of obligatory hardwood/spruce/ayous 5-ply structure coupled with H2/H3 came to prominence when WLQ first became the World Champ in 2001. That's when all hell broke loose. Every person wanted to get their hands on one, be it the black lens gold text OC, blue lens OC, yellow lens black print, yellow lens white print...all of those variations. The frenzy lasted over a decade, but its legacy continues, apparently.

http://lianlian7029.blog.163.com/blog/static/21898628120148824947862/

Edited by zeio - 07/01/2017 at 1:46am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2017 at 2:02am
Clipper the de facto blade for the fast-attack style with pips? LoL Clipper has always been a looper's blade.

The fast-attackers back then used hard and stiff blades such as Nitchugo Super, Butterfly Tamca CS and the old DHS 08.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2017 at 10:36am
The DHS 016 was pretty great as well. I still have one with 0X 388-d1.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic