Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question: Rubber choose HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gmxplayer View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gmxplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question: Rubber choose HELP!
    Posted: 04/06/2018 at 5:41am
Hello everyone!

I have been trying for a couple of days now to decide what rubbers should I buy, I'm really hoping that You will help me. 

Normally I am playing with Tenergy 05 FX, but I would really love to try something else, I have my eyes on the Xiom Omega Vii pro, Joola Rhyzer48/43 and some others... 

I want a rubber that makes a loud sound of speed glue, even more than 05 FX, my play style is offensive attacking game, based on counter looping.

I have read for a few days many many reviews but I am still not convinced which rubber is better or which one has that 'speedgluesound', one kid in my club plays in Stiga Calibra LT SOUND, the sound it's absolutely incredible, that's what I am looking for, but I find a bit that rubber for beginners, because it's very very soft, I also heard the STIGA BOOST TS has a very cool sound, I almost ordered it but then I realized it's a bit old and I think the new technology of rubbers are much better.

So what rubber would you recommend that is almost similar to 05 FX and has this big sound of speedglue effect.  Joola Rhyzer and Omega Vii pro seems pretty good but I don't know if they have that speed glue sound.

I am waiting forward for Your opinions.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2018 at 6:19am
The sound is always loudest with soft-sponged rubbers on a hard blade... which may not suit your style at all.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Gmxplayer View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gmxplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2018 at 8:18am
I understand..  I am aware that very soft rubbers are not so good for counter looping. 
Between the newest ESN rubbers -> Rhyzer, Rasanter, Mantra, Aurus Prime and Xiom VII, which of these would you find better + more quality, talking also about durability. And which version is closer to Tenergy 05 FX. I would appreciate any kind of opinions. 
Thank you

Edited by Gmxplayer - 04/06/2018 at 8:23am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2018 at 11:57pm
Nothing is close to t05fx among the rubbers you mentioned but the rhyzer 43 and omega vii pro have both above average loud sounds.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic