Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help choosing a longpimple rubber...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help choosing a longpimple rubber...
    Posted: 07/22/2006 at 4:43am
Hi, I am about to try out a long pimple rubber. I want something with a lot of disturbing effect, possibility to create own spin and ability to play off with.

I would also like it to be rather cheap since I havent tried longpips before. Quite a waste of money buying the toprubber if I dont like to play longpips.

So, any suggestions to what I should try?
The holy grail
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 5:33am
Try Friendship 837 with a 0.6mm sponge. It's cheap, has decent effect, and it's grippy so you can generate some spin. It's pretty good for both chopping and blocking, and offers decent control.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 5:58pm

Yeah try the least expensive you can find.  The friendship one is one of them.  Dawei and Palio too.  Especially when you haven't tried it before.

Worse case scenario, you don't like it and then you sell it quickly.  And your only out a few bucks.  And even if you dicide to keep it.  It would be only like $15USD at most.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 11:46pm
friendship 755 is great. Its my favourite long pip and its mad cheap.
Peace out.

JFJ
bogeyhunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 12:03am

Agree. Friendship 755 is the top long pips under $20.

Super wacky ball....good to have fun against your friend.

I don't know who got the OX. I have 0.6 mm. 

Rating : 2000
Hallmark Aurora + TSP Curl P1-R 0.5 mm/Globe 999 blue.
Dr.N Firewall Plus+Globe 999 Red+Destroyer OX/Saviga V OX.
Speed glue long pips..
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 12:33am
I agree the 755 is a great long pip, but "Speedplay" asked for one with "a lot of disturbing effect, possibility to create own spin ", and I think the 837 fits that profile better.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
tt12 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 2:47am
I am a new long pip 755 user with a thin spogne. Some people say it's more tricky for long pip with no sponge. I find it difficult to control the ball. What is ur opinion?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 4:45am

The long pimple effects will be greater with no sponge. I find both chopping and blocking easier with some sponge. The effecta are still quite good with a thin (0.6mm) sponge.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 5:02am
I got an offer to buy the PF4-C7 really cheap. About 7-8 USD. I know its not approve by the ITTF, but since its my first longpips I will give the cheapest one a try. I`ll be back with more longpips questions if i like playing with them.
Thanks for all the help!
The holy grail
Thornta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thornta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 6:22am
Unfortunately disturbing effect and create own spin don't sounds as the best combination. The rubbers who can create own spin like Feint Long 3 or 837 have sticky surface and won't produce much wobble at all. If you looking for much wobble try frictionless long pimples but they can't create own spin and are mostly for defensive shots.
Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 2.1
BH: Butterfly Feint Long II 1.1
bogeyhunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 1:52pm

755 is one of the best.

Use OX is the better option for disturbing effect. It's difficult to control but once you master it.....woooooo...fun.

Rating : 2000
Hallmark Aurora + TSP Curl P1-R 0.5 mm/Globe 999 blue.
Dr.N Firewall Plus+Globe 999 Red+Destroyer OX/Saviga V OX.
Speed glue long pips..
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Thornta Thornta wrote:

Unfortunately disturbing effect and create own spin don't sounds as the best combination. The rubbers who can create own spin like Feint Long 3 or 837 have sticky surface and won't produce much wobble at all. If you looking for much wobble try frictionless long pimples but they can't create own spin and are mostly for defensive shots.

Ok, I have never tried longpimples before, but I have tried antirubber, is this similar to frictionless pimples?
The holy grail
Thornta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thornta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 4:15pm
Yes but with less disturbing effect and better opportunities to attack.
Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 2.1
BH: Butterfly Feint Long II 1.1
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2006 at 12:31am

I guess it depends on how you define 'disturbing effect'.

Some people  think it's means spin reversal - as the ball does not come back and bounch the way they expect - frictionless are better at this.

Some people think it's the ability to change the spin, ie take it off or reverse it (or somewhere in between) - grippy ones are better at this.

Wobble balls are usually balls with no spin. Against spinny loops, a frictionless pimple cannot take the spin off, so it will produce heavy backpsin. Grippy pimples CAN take the spin off (or produce backspin depending on how you hit it), so this can produce wobble balls.

BTW The C7 rubber is more like a medium pimple rubber, as the pimples are quite short...

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic