FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

how to adjust drop shots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to adjust drop shots
    Posted: 02/03/2007 at 5:01pm
How do you adjust drop shots to make a low 2 bouncing drop shot? Against a loop, my drop shots are fairly long and low, so I think thats good. Against lobs, I can do the low long drop shot. But how do you do a good low short drop shot against lobs, topspin, backspin. Is it better than a low long drop shot? Mostly I can do a drop shot that bounces several times that is usually a winner, but it's like twice the height of the net.
Sponsored Links

haus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2007 at 5:04pm
here is dropshot demonstracion video

*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2007 at 6:49pm
that is probally the best reply i have ever seen, in the whole history of the internet.

Im screenshoting this, saving it for future generations, one day i will tell my grandchildren this story.

Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2007 at 7:05pm
Haus, please dont post that video again.

Against topsin, like a loop is pretty hard, I would try it. Its possible but too hard to do.

Against a lob. As the ball ball hits the table and it on its way up, put your paddle up to the ball so the ball bounces into the paddle. During contact, pull your paddle back so you reduce the contact. The key is to take it off the bounce.

Against backspin, open you paddle and push off the bounce. Push very softly and gently. Another way to do it is to contact it at the top of the bouince and on its way up you push very very gently. Sometimes I dont even push and gently tap it.
sluskaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2007 at 9:03pm

Donic Defplay Senso
FH:Donic Slice 40 1.5mm
BH:Donic Slice 40 1.2mm

str�dl
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 7:28am
dropshots
against backspin:-

first make sure your previous shot has your opponent at the back of the court.
1:opponents chop should be short
2:contact ball at bounce
3: racket must be open
4: touch must be soft, bend knees ensure stroke is horizontal.
5: dont angle because you want the ball to bounce twice, and if you angle ball may go off the court at the side without bouncing second time, giving defender chance to play before it hits the floor - he might even drive it round the net!

If ball too high close racket, too low open racket

Donts
do drop shot by contacting at top of bounce this is wrong gives opp too much time.
do drop shot too often: good defenders learn to anticipate and can surprise you

Advanced:
try faking a drive just before you drop. Just drop your shoulder and racket as though you are going for it then change the motion to do the drop shot. Its fun but requires practice.

Practice method: Though dropshotting service is not usually wise, its a good way of practising the stroke contact at bounce. Just get your practice partner to serve short chops for ten minutes- thats a lot of dropshots.
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
haus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 9:06am
here is dropshot demonstracion video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4qgD8_ducEo

i posted wrong video befor sory

:-(
BobTheBuilder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobTheBuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 4:41pm
WOw! i can't believe i fell for that
Yasaka Extra Offensive C-Pen

FH: TG2 Neo Black

BH: Focus III Snipe Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic