FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How to Assemble rubber sheets?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Assemble rubber sheets?
    Posted: 09/08/2009 at 3:02am

Tacky rubbers dont come as soft as euro(30 degrees)...since the tackiest rubber are Hurricane 2, Geospin Tacky, what more do u guys think?

How can I remove them from their sponge..and where can I buy the softest sponge(or remove it from other rubbers?)

Over time, do rubbers become softer or harder?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 4:14am

I'm aware that Cole Ely sells separate topsheets and sponges, in order to make up rubbers by glueing topsheets onto sponges, as part of his business; so it makes sense for you to ask him for advice, on how to remove a topsheet from a sponge.

Personally I wouldn't try it, as there is the risk of damaging the topsheet and there are rubbers with soft sponges and tacky topsheets, already on the market.

Over time rubbers do get softer, which is one reason why a rubber plays better after 10 hours of use, than when new.

It is possible for a rubber to get harder, if you leave it exposed to direct sunlight on a hot day, like on the parcel shelf in the back window of a car or on a window sill. Neither is recommended as you can wreck a rubber, very quickly that way.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 7:35am

Is there a way to make grippy topsheets tacky as well?

(Since to get longest dwell time, I am ordering Joola R1, with it, softest rubbers...which(correct me if I am wrong) will be created through...
1.  Softest degree
2.  Speed glue effect which will make it liquid type..
3.  tackiest

At Colestt, I can get softest degree and fairly tacky...but missing speed glue...I can buy built-in speed glued 30 degree rubber...but they aren't tacky...is there a way I can make them as tacky as hurricane?(I am guessing it wouldn't then be legal...even though I am doing nothing wrong...)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 9:02am
Do you think using Spinmax would do it?  How about using the old one which was made for tacky rubbers?  But that would be catched on ENEZ...what I want to do is legal...but its just I dont have enough funds to order ppl to make a specific rubber for me...I wish like blades...we had ppl who would make rubbers based on our demands...
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 10:00am
it is not to try anymore with the new rule of sponge homologation coming... :-(
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

it is not to try anymore with the new rule of sponge homologation coming... :-(

What!  are you serious, such a rule will come, that sucks, I love ising japanese sponges with tacky topsheets.

Cole has a video showing how to glue a topsheet to a sponge on his website but to remove it... such a thread existed where people were talking about boiling rubbers but I wouldn't recommend it, your best bet would be to slowly dissolve the glue with acetone and peal it off.

Don't try to make a tacky rubber grippy or vice versa, they were engineered to play their best the war they are.
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
Dafydd393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 12:25pm
There are a couple of topics over at OOAK about topshet and sponge authorization for anyone interested: 

Note that this is not an offical rule and has yet to be announced by Adham and it is only speculation.
Blade - Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL
Fh - Boost TC 2.0mm
Bh - Boost TC 2.0mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic