FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

I lost to an unrated girl with short pips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 11:15am
I guess the only way for heavyspin to beat her is only if she lets. As far as I can see there is an huge difference between the players, and she looked as she was just playing for fun
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 11:41am
In the next match, suggest heavyspin sends the ball , more often, to her FH side rather than her BH side.
She seems to be more comfortable with the ball coming to her BH.
Don't know if this will be able to tip the balance, however.

Edited by skip3119 - 11/01/2016 at 2:24pm
skip3119
geardaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geardaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 11:55am
A couple months ago a father and daughter from Japan visited our regular Thursday night league.  The girl was maybe 15 years old, and she destroyed me in the first game at 1 point.  I did much better in the next couple games, but alas she dispatched me 3-0.  Her technique was very sound and her game was very steady.

Moral of the story...  Get used to it.  Just another case of an old dog that has been carrying the baggage of the same flaws in their game for years, and a young and well trained player that's only going to get better and better.  Changing my strategy to prevail over this young up-and-comer will likely not solve the problem.  Can this old dog learn some new tricks?  Probably not enough to catch up to the young one. Wink
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

I saw this on youtube and thought she was coaching you. 
She wasn't coaching me but she did school me.

A few reasons why she may not have looked so energetic.
May still be jet lagged, only a couple of days after her arrival from China.
Her strokes are so efficient that it looks like she's not trying when, in fact, she is.
May not have felt comfortable playing a man. I confirmed via an interpreter that she had never played a match against a man.
No reason to play her A game when she can win with less.
And finally...translated from Chinese, she said "practice? practice? we're talking about practice!"
you are good... that's at the end of Phase 3!
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic