FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Kokutaku Hinoki Special

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kokutaku Hinoki Special
    Posted: 05/08/2007 at 8:34am
Hallo Ryno, Can you please post the picture of your special single ply Hinoki from Kokutaku (10 mm) ? I want to see what is written on the blade, so I hope it would be readable from the picture.
Please tell me also the following :
1. What is the price (new).
2. Is it made from special selection of higher quality of Hinoki wood?
Thank you very much.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 11:01am
FYI, I was sent these couple of pix. once. Hope these r what u r asking/looking for.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 2:14pm
Beautiful blade Thumbs%20Up
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Beautiful blade Thumbs%20Up
This is EVEN NICER ! Heart I believe. Don't even remember where I got this pix.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 4:27pm
That one is tough to find.  Last year I found two in some Japanese equivalent of Ebay site, but they didn't want to ship to US or even deal with oversea customers.
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 6:49pm
i see you have the pics of one of my old kokutakus up.I like the kokutaku better than the bfly ryu blade.I like the xiom version a lot better.
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 6:52pm
I get them from m suzuki.They are not on the website but they usually have a few in stock when kokutaku makes a batch.Yes the grain in the kokutakus is excellent and they are usually light for a 10mm blade around 85 grams.They are 16000 yen
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by ryno ryno wrote:

i see you have the pics of one of my old kokutakus up.I like the kokutaku better than the bfly ryu blade.I like the xiom version a lot better.
I hope I didn't infringe ur copyright. Big%20smile Sir.
That Bty RSM is probably EXTINCT now!
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2007 at 10:53pm
My thanks to everybody. I believe that there are only a limited quantity of Butterfly Ryu Seung Min, and the quality of the picture from Tiehwen is very good.
Ryno, in what sense the Xiom Athena Platinum is better than the Kokutaku Special, and what is the weight of your Xiom AP?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2007 at 11:08am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Ryno, in what sense the Xiom Athena Platinum is better than the Kokutaku Special?
I can still recall someone here (Ryno?) once told me or quoted here somewhere that Xiom AP is the same or almost the same as KTS red label. That makes it GOOD!

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2007 at 7:00pm
It is a toss up but i lean towards the kokutaku.i meant i like the xiom athena platinum RSM better than the old butterfly ryu seung min.The kokutaku and xiom are hard to compare also as where my kokutakus where blazing fast the xiom athena is more balanced.
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2007 at 7:01pm
My xiom is 87 grams
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2007 at 10:18pm
Ryno, you are a real help. Your informations are very useful for me. I appreciate it very much.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

stephen chung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2007 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by ryno ryno wrote:

My xiom is 87 grams

How do you play with a 87 grams AP RSM special? Mine is a 93 grams  and I can't play with it. It lacks power on pushing but looping is easier.
Blade: Butterfly Custom made 1ply Hinoki 10mm
Rubber: Bryce Hard
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 9:51am
Hi Stephen, how about the speed and feel of your AP RSM Special ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

stephen chung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 10:49am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Hi Stephen, how about the speed and feel of your AP RSM Special ?

AP RSM Special is softer than my custom make. For looping wise is easier to get into the table dwell time is much longer compare to my custom make but for pushing is not very good. 7 out of 10 I'll get it under the net. Needs time to get used to it.
Blade: Butterfly Custom made 1ply Hinoki 10mm
Rubber: Bryce Hard
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2007 at 11:38pm
i also had a 92 gram athena and it plays the same as my other one.The athena is just a well balanced blade .for me anyways probably the easiest j pen to play with.What rubber are you using on your athena?I have Pro Z RSM on mine it seems to work really well on this blade i had omega 3 on my other and it played the same maybe a bit slower.I have some bryce on the way to try on it.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2007 at 4:46am
I want to confess that I had not been able to resist the temptation, and finally bought the Kokutaku Special 10 mm weighing 80 grams.
The lightest of Cho Tokusen P 9 mm from Nittaku is 86 grams, so I thought it was my lucky day when I was offered Kokutaku Special 10 mm weighing 80 grams. I hope I will like it, otherwise it will be another blade in my collection.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2007 at 9:00am
hey aeoliah where did you get this blade from
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2007 at 6:47pm
iruiru has them
mshur View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mshur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2007 at 7:53pm
Fellas,
what is so special in this blade?  I cant find any characteristics for this blade?...

mike
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2007 at 9:04pm
I bought it from iruiru.
Mshur, this blade is supposed to have higher grade of Hinoki wood, and it is not sold regularly, you cannot find it on the catalogue. So when we want to buy it, we have to check the availability first.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 6:02am
Ryno, it just crossed my mind that the Kokutaku special that I have just ordered has a squared shape, whilst my other J-pens are all rounded square. What is your personal opinion about the difference in shape (square and rounded)?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 10:45am
I prefer the square head.That is what i started with.I owned a speed 70 round head blade but i just didn't like it this is probably why i don't care for c pen either.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 9:45pm
I bought mostly rounded shape, because I think when I chop on the table, the corner of the blade can go nearer (with larger area) to the table, whilst if I use square shape, the area on the corner of the blade is smaller. I don't know if this is a valid reason. May I know what is your reason to prefer square shape ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2007 at 10:31pm
i think we have very contrasting styles.I can't tell you the last time i chopped a shot close to the table.I guess i play more like the korean players.I push if it is over the table backspin but as soon as i am off the table i loop everything
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 6:14am
Got my Kokutaku Special 10 mm. Visually, the structure of the grain and the craftmanship is very very good, but I must say that Speed 90 is equally good both for craftmanship and structure of the grain, only Darker is cheaper (J.Y.16.000,- compared to J.Y.11.200,-).
I don't know about performance though, and I would not be using this one in the near future as I still want to use my Violin for time being.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 4:16am
I started to shave my Kokutaku today, and I noted some slightly dented line at the end of the area where I was sanding with some sandpaper. It looked like a dented line caused by fingernail, but at that time I thought it was impossible, so I tried to make a short line with my fingernail on the side of the blade, and indeed I could make a line only with a light pressure, which means that the wood is VERY SOFT. I don't have this kind of happening with my Speed 90 and Cypress, so I begin to wonder whether a good single plate hinoki should be soft like this or whether I get a bad quality blade. I would appreciate any comments, because it will take one or two weeks more before I try this blade, as I have to seal the side of the blade as well as the handle.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 8:43pm
this is why some jpens are soft and other med and hard.the kokutaku and my cypress max are soft and can be dented as where my speed 90,Athena and KTS are harder and cannot be dented
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 10:53pm
Ryno, your reply is a relief. If your Kokutaku is also soft, it means that the blade is ok because you are satisfied with it. So softer wood will give a softer feeling compared to harder wood ?

Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic