Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Men's World Cup: Magdeburg 29-31 Oct.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 3:44pm
I LOVE THE WORLD CUP THIS YEAR! everyone is playing their very best...except zhang earlier in the tournament; but he got there. every match is a highlight reel.
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

Originally posted by tablet92 tablet92 wrote:

Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

>..<  uuuuuuuuugh. Another freakin all Chinese final. And no warning on the serve, just losing the point and the game and the match? Of all the serves to call, unbelievable, they go whole tournaments without opening their mouths and the one they call ends up costing the semi-final match...

Why are Japanese players so mentally weak? Look at how many close matches Mizutani drops...and Kenta the other day just falling apart and losing 4-0. And Fukuhara...she cries aaaaall the time...

It's really easy to say when table tennis is just a hobby.. I'm not pro myself, but played many important matches in junior nationals and deciding matches in the first league of my country and from my experience it's very easy to completely lost your game, start to rush and start to stop thinking about tactics completely... Of course they are pros, but they are still humans. Just my opinion Smile

Not a good thing to generalize that Japanese players are mentally weak...The problem is they are just not as good as the Chinese players, we have to accept that. Once you feel confident with your strokes, your mental game will be stronger. What about Kaii Yoshida? The guy always play to his best and always have a fiery game. But Mizutani was close to win, that's sad. I think one should not win few games in a row, might lower the focus and vigilance...

kaii  is chinese playing for japan so he has not developed under the same system as jun or kenta, on the other hand have you noticed how easily japanese born  players tend to step back and keep lobbing ...ps.  ZJK is smashing lob returns  with the bh rubber
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 3:54pm

Not a good thing to generalize that Japanese players are mentally weak...The problem is they are just not as good as the Chinese players, we have to accept that. Once you feel confident with your strokes, your mental game will be stronger. What about Kaii Yoshida? The guy always play to his best and always have a fiery game. But Mizutani was close to win, that's sad. I think one should not win few games in a row, might lower the focus and vigilance...

How many pro players cry after they lose? Just saying you never saw Zhang Yining breaking down after a match, and Zhang Jike didn't break out into a cold sweat and fall apart going down 10-2 in the deciding game...
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 4:00pm
Today is a GOOD day.
- Happy Hallowen Day, there'll be lotta kids come knocking our door for tricks or treats & my sunny & I have lots to offer them ALL.
- Just came back from office, had abt 3 hours of work done (O/T Big smile Double Pay!)
- JM lost, haha. Don't or Never like JM's style of play, always lobbing, lobbing & lobbing.....Dull...
- ZJK came from behind & WON, good stuffs...
- China/WHao won the World Cup, Again!

Edited by tiehwen - 10/31/2010 at 4:06pm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 4:04pm

How many pro players cry after they lose? Just saying you never saw Zhang Yining breaking down after a match, and Zhang Jike didn't break out into a cold sweat and fall apart going down 10-2 in the deciding game...
I think you're wrong.....
MaLin cried after he lost vs JOW in 2004 Olympics. There was a clip I watched here in youtube that WLQ cried & covered his face w/towel some years ago.....

Edited by tiehwen - 10/31/2010 at 4:05pm
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Today is a GOOD day.
- Happy Hallowen Day, there'll be lotta kids come knocking our door for tricks or treats & my sunny & I have lots to offer them ALL.
- Just came back from office, had abt 3 hours of work done (O/T Big smile Double Pay!)
- JM lost, haha. Don't or Never like JM's style of play, always lobbing, lobbing & lobbing.....Dull...
- ZJK came from behind & WON, good stuffs...
- China/WHao won the World Cup, Again!

<..<   we have very different tastes, I have about the opposite opinion on all those things as good...
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 4:15pm
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 4:18pm

MaLin cried after he lost vs JOW in 2004 Olympics. There was a clip I watched here in youtube that WLQ cried & covered his face w/towel some years ago.....
everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes

Petermoo
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Wang Hao-Timo Boll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNtDko-l7cw

It's interesting to me that I found this match fairly entertaining, since it's between the two players that I personally find to be the most boring to watch. This is no doubt due to your excellent editing skills, SWSS! Clap

Thanks for posting. Smile

Yes, this match was kinda boring but it still looks quite interesting when you watch only highlights.Thank you.
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 5:10pm
wang hao was so explosive this tournament. destroyed everybody
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 8:30pm

Congrats to Wang Hao :D The world champion is back!? Anyway guys, I still want to ask why do they put the red strap around their knees ( Wang and ZJK )...I cant really think of anything that helps them, it seems to be it would impair their ability to move? Or it might block blood circulation seriously 

That is Mueller knee strap
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 8:46pm
Wang Hao Clap
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2010 at 10:34pm
Timo Boll vs Mzutani Jun (3rd) video please ??
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 1:45am
Wang Hao is the King. He was fluent, calm and yet deadly.
He is finally back to his old self, guyz. I wonder if he is still dating Peng.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 1:51am

That was in 2001 WTTC championship final in Osaka, when he claimed his first world title beating Kong Linghui after trailing behind 0-2 sets.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 8:00am
Although I never liked Ovtcharov's play before, I found he actually played very good against both chinese. And that he is real threat to chinese, not Timo. He could win ZJK if he didn't make few mistakes with easy balls in critical moments. Also, ZJK was very lucky in first game with net points/edges. Dima has what Timo hasn't, power. Nobody could return most of his openning attacks. And powerplay seems to be only weapon against ZJK& co. Tall and strong european players could outpower faster but weaker opponents, even in oppening loop, thats way to go.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 8:08am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Although I never liked Ovtcharov's play before, I found he actually played very good against both chinese. And that he is real threat to chinese, not Timo. He could win ZJK if he didn't make few mistakes with easy balls in critical moments. Also, ZJK was very lucky in first game with net points/edges. Dima has what Timo hasn't, power. Nobody could return most of his openning attacks. And powerplay seems to be only weapon against ZJK& co. Tall and strong european players could outpower faster but weaker opponents, even in oppening loop, thats way to go.
That's true but I don't know if Ovtcharov has more power in his game than boll has.
Ovtcharov has to work on his return strokes, against ZJK on the important moments he just
pushed the service from ZJK back, long and pretty high.
But overall he needs more consistency if he wants to beat ZJK again like 1 year ago in Denmark.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 8:14am

World Cup 2010 - Timo Boll vs Mizutani ( BRONZE MEDAL MATCH)

garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 8:14am
Timo has only spin and placement. Most of his opening loops could be relooped/smashed, not by me ofcourse, but by Ma Long.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
fortran2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortran2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 8:44am
spin and placement is enough. Timo Boll's fh topspin is very powerful, Ma Long died of that in Moscow. 

this Time, Wang Hao cleverly attack Boll's BH to avoid of his FH topspin, Boll has no choice but death.
david93 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 10:47am
Does anyone have the full Boll-Chuang match? :)
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 10:52am
Originally posted by david93 david93 wrote:

Does anyone have the full Boll-Chuang match? :)

Ittf has the whole match

Edited by naijachief - 11/01/2010 at 10:53am
who no know go know
david93 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 11:02am
I was wondering if anyone could upload it to megaupload ;)
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 11:04am
Oh Sang Eun vs Werner Schlager

Edited by GECA - 11/01/2010 at 11:33am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by fortran2003 fortran2003 wrote:

spin and placement is enough. Timo Boll's fh topspin is very powerful, Ma Long died of that in Moscow. 

this Time, Wang Hao cleverly attack Boll's BH to avoid of his FH topspin, Boll has no choice but death.

Yup...Timo's FH is actually his strong point,very consistent, very fast recovery and massive spin on them. It almost looks superior to the Chinese FH at times. 

However, Timo's BH will always be a liability to him, as he gives up too much table when he counterloops or even blocks, which really exposes his wide FH area.  He really needs to remain close to the table when he blocks. If only he realises the power of the lefties' BH block...the devastating angles that could be achieved! If Timo ever learns to block topspins close to the table like Hao Shuai or heck even like Patrick Baum, then the whole Chinese Nat. Team will be in big trouble... 

Besides, he also bends down way too much for his loop against underspin, which isn't that fast and which he recovers from too slowly. He should take some more lessons from Rosskopf on how to blast an unreturnable power topspin to the diagonal...  Everyone's strategy against Boll is targeted towards his BH. Long deep push to the backhand, then counterloop his weak BH opening loop. 

I hope Boll really improves his game in time for the 2011 WTTC and 2012 Olympics, and give a nasty surprise for those who still continue to exploit this weakness on his BH. 

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by david93 david93 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could upload it to megaupload ;)

I will soon upload finals/semis/quarters - unless someone has them already and will help me... Shocked?

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 12:07pm

Thanks for the matches

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 12:21pm
Final:

Wang Hao vs Zhang Jike
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y2C7ER52

3rd place:

Jun Mizutani vs Timo Boll
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6JQ47BYP

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 12:57pm
Semifinals:

Jun Mizutani vs Zhang Jike
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZAATXIII

Timo Boll vs Wang Hao
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U8315YIM

Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by GECA GECA wrote:

Oh Sang Eun vs Werner Schlager

Thanks a lot for this video, it is great to watch schlager.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic