Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Mizutani Jun Or Viscaria with T05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beanbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mizutani Jun Or Viscaria with T05
    Posted: 09/24/2010 at 2:26am
Hi,

I have played for viscaria blade for 2 years, last 2 months i got a mizutani jun, however i have noticed losing lot of control, while much more POWER, i have been losing to one particular person with this blade, when i switch to my viscaria which also have T05 on both sides i start winning more points, some times winning games, however i beat my coach which is a highly ranked player only only two times in my life and that was witjh mizutani jun, now i am confused as to what to use in the tournment in a week,

MIZUTANI JUN or Viscaria?

Viscaria is slightly damaged from the sides while MJ is brand new.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2010 at 2:44am
I haven't tried the blades above, but in a tournament I'd would chose the setup that gives me more control. The reason is that the chances to make unforced errors against unknown players/styles is smaller with a controllable setup. If I play against somebody I know I use a faster setup.

goodbyesaska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodbyesaska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2010 at 2:47am
General advice is use the one that you're most familiar with. In this case I'll go for Vis.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2010 at 6:35am
Vis for the reason the posters above mentioned.
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2010 at 7:26pm

I have Jun Mizutani with Tenergy 05 and honestly that is the best racket I have ever played with. I have changed a few over time but this combination has provided control and spin. Jun Mizutani is fast blade but has high control. Two things can help you. One, spin more that will control your parabola and second if you are finding the combination too fast then reduce Tenergy 05 thickness to 1.9. 

Best play in TT is to keep the ball on the table that is definitely the most critical, but you need spin and punch too as soft play will not grow you beyond a point. To keep control, thinner rubber will help you or even Tenergy 05 FX will help you. You mention your blade is new, it also means you need to give it time maybe a month to get used to it.

big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2010 at 7:32pm
true that
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
xander7803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2011 at 6:52pm
I have been playing with both but I must say viscaria and t05 is very good and very controllable. mj with 05 is also good but it has less control. mj goes awesome with t05fx
SeeReed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeeReed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2011 at 7:00pm
Second that. T05 fx works very well with MJ.
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2011 at 9:53pm
Both are solid choices and blades which professionals have used with success.

It's not about which of these blades is better or necessarily which is better for your game - it's about picking one of them and sticking with it whether you're having an 'on' day or not and that'll improve your game in the long run.

Pick whichever you like more and then don't change your equipment for at least a year.
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2011 at 1:11am
2 years with viscaria is far different with over 2 months used of MJ. try to practice/drillings more with MJ to be comfortable and maximize its potential. i'm using MJ with T05 fx at 1.9mm on backhand and i can say that its the best setup for me. fast and yet controllable.
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2011 at 11:42am
Why aren't you guys playing the MJ with T64? Obviously that is what MJ uses according to Bttrfly. Plus at the US Open their were two Japanese players this year with MJs that went far in the Open. Both had T64 from what I could tell. Why are people second guessing the T64? 

I am really curious since I was thinking about buying a MJ with T64, but now it is sounding too fast. My current setup is very controllable. 
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic