Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
peds View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Videos
    Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:46am
Hello. Here are some of my videos. Can anyone tell my rating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0PwG9F-e4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJjKvFPV0Tc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGtke390esc

Sponsored Links

T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:59am

around 1100?

i think you need to change your grip and coach...

peds View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 5:39am
I don't have a coach. And what kind of grip?
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 8:21am
Smile Not bad at all for begginer!
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 8:36am
Coach Floyd vs Aldrin......?
peds View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 10:10am
Originally posted by T  h  e  N  A M T h e N A M wrote:

Coach Floyd vs Aldrin......?

Year 2006, Coach Floyd Lobaton taught us the basics of table tennis for several months here in the office. The rest are all me.

Year 2007, together with my officemates, we joined some tournaments to gain some exposure. Highest achievements were 1st Runner-up in a Class B Team Event and 2nd Runner-up in an Inter-Corporate Team Event.

By the way, Coach Floyd Lobaton is one of Philippine's table tennis veteran players. He is currently the head coach of one of the most popular school in our country.
LeRome View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeRome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 10:15am
seems like u r pretty consistent, so that's good.  basics aside, from a 3rd ball attack type of player point of view, ur forehand power needs to improve; just doesn't seem to have the firepower to be of great threat.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive Penhold
FH: DHS Skyline TG2 2.2mm
BH: Nittaku Hammond 2.1-2.3mm
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 10:16am
  • Work on the footwork and the form.
  • Take exercise regularly so that you can depend more on your legs and hip.
Originally posted by peds peds wrote:

Hello. Here are some of my videos. Can anyone tell my rating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0PwG9F-e4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJjKvFPV0Tc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGtke390esc

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 12:00pm

around 1100?

are you kidding me 1100?? players in 1100's are not that consistent, and can NOT loop as well as him, or even loop at all! Your grip is unorthodox, but you probably can beat LOTS of people with it. But by all means experiment with different grips and find out what you like.

My estimate is you are around 1500 usatt rating, only way to find out is if you go to a club and play with different people.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 12:16pm
You need to move your feet more. Never stop, if you do, then you get caught and you can't get the ball. I started moving my feet constantly and I can get to anything and hit the FH now.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

around 1100?

are you kidding me 1100?? players in 1100's are not that consistent, and can NOT loop as well as him, or even loop at all! Your grip is unorthodox, but you probably can beat LOTS of people with it. But by all means experiment with different grips and find out what you like.

My estimate is you are around 1500 usatt rating, only way to find out is if you go to a club and play with different people.

NO WAY he is 1500. I'd say 1100-1200 is a good estimate.

That aside, Don't worry about ratings! For a beginner you have a solid game starting. Work on the proper way to move your feet as well as turning your body and getting lower, learning forward.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
GorgeousGordy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgeousGordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 2:40pm
OMG you're awful
chiseling since the 1980s
gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 3:36pm
have you guys seem 1100-1200 players before? that guy is clearly higher than that. i would say 1400-1500 is around right from the video. if he is really smart in the game, then the rating could be higher. 

consistency is the key, i don't care how good of foot works and loops you have, if you can't consistently get the ball on the table, they are worthless.  

Don't get me wrong, basics are very important.
Acoustic F/h: globe999(black)
B/h: Bryce FX(red)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by gene gene wrote:

have you guys seem 1100-1200 players before? that guy is clearly higher than that. i would say 1400-1500 is around right from the video. if he is really smart in the game, then the rating could be higher. 

consistency is the key, i don't care how good of foot works and loops you have, if you can't consistently get the ball on the table, they are worthless.  

Don't get me wrong, basics are very important.

I dont understand your American rating system. Which is highest and which smallest?
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 3:50pm
The more Rating you have the better u are.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 3:58pm
Then which rating is Wang Hao? maybe 999999999999999999999

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgeousGordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:01pm

I think that you should take up another sport maybe chess or darts

bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:03pm
you look like a low 900 high 800 rating. thats pretty good man keep it up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgeousGordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

Come on

enough of your foolish jokes...

If I wanted to laugh I'd watch this guy play table tennis
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:23pm
Wow.. I can hardly see why trolling a forun could be fun for one night. But now you're here again?

Maybe you should pick up some sports? It seems like you have a lot of free time..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Andy_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by GorgeousGordy GorgeousGordy wrote:

Care to post a video of you playing?
Timo Boll ZLF
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 64
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:31pm

Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

Come on

enough of your foolish jokes...

If I wanted to laugh I'd watch this guy play table tennis

I have never see such idiot like you are! I can bet that this guy (peds) can kick your f**king ass!
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:39pm
Many jokers around this thread...

I think, from the videos you posted, that you are definitely above 1400 US ranking (which is around my level), judging from the consistency of your shots, handling of spin, etc. And very nice of you posting your videos, few people would actually be brave enough to do that, especially those supposedly funny bigmouths trolling around. If you had a video playing seriously with a player at your level it would be easier to see where you stand. But does not matter that much anyway, you seem to enjoy the sport and that is what is important.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by dimitris dimitris wrote:

Many jokers around this thread...

I think, from the videos you posted, that you are definitely above 1400 US ranking (which is around my level), judging from the consistency of your shots, handling of spin, etc. And very nice of you posting your videos, few people would actually be brave enough to do that, especially those supposedly funny bigmouths trolling around. If you had a video playing seriously with a player at your level it would be easier to see where you stand. But does not matter that much anyway, you seem to enjoy the sport and that is what is important.

Clap 100 true!
James JH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James JH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 5:22pm
I don't know the US rating system so I can'tguess but keep it up Wink
and some people need to lighten up with out a coach for most of his time playing I would say he is doing well, Well done man
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 5:23pm
Nice speech
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 5:53pm
1450 for control, consistency, loop and counter. 1100 footwork and body position.  Almost all long serves in the 2nd and 3rd video which would do you in quick.  Overall in tournament play I would guess around 1350 usatt rating.  Nice videos.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Andy_TT Andy_TT wrote:

Care to post a video of you playing?

HAHAHAHAHA. I could not stop myself laughing LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Good reply LOLLOLLOL
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 6:44pm
My vote is 1500, at least from the people I've played in US Events.

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
peds View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 9:31pm
@LeRome

I'm not really a 3rd ball attack player. I usually wait for the right moment to attack. I do agree that my forehand power needs to improve. But I do believe that control is more important than power.

@varghesep

Yes.. yes.. footwork and form are some of my problems. I just don't have time to exercise regularly. I go to work early and go home late.

@popperlocker

How did you know that my grip is unorthodox? Can you please explain it because you are the 1st person who told me that. Sometimes I go to different clubs and I beat some good players. If I don't beat them, I make sure that I will give them a good fight.

@GorgeousGordy

Yeah I know. I thought I'm ok but when I saw my video for the 1st time, I realized that I have to work on this and that.

@Master_of_loops

Hahaha! I like your reply.

@dimitris

I really enjoyed the sports from the moment I learned how to play it. In fact, I have encouraged some working professionals to play table tennis also and we usually hangout every Wednesday night. This is our way of relieving stress.

@pongcrazy

Yes, I usually serve long. I admit that I suck with service. I just can't make them spinny and short.

Thank you so much for the replies. Well appreciated. My goal is to know if rating because we don't a rating system here in the Philippines. And also I want to improve my game and the only way to do it is to video myself and let others see it, especially those who are way better than me.

I'll post more videos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic