Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mysterious Popularity: MX-P, G-1, Rakza7, Vega Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Mysterious Popularity: MX-P, G-1, Rakza7, Vega Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mysterious Popularity: MX-P, G-1, Rakza7, Vega Pro
    Posted: 02/25/2019 at 6:16pm
The 10 Best Selling Table Tennis Rubbers of 2018 at Tabletennis11.com!

10. Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange
9. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
8. Tibhar Evolution MX-S
7. Tibhar Grass D.TecS 
6. Xiom Vega Europe
5. Xiom Vega Pro
4. Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft
3. Yasaka Rakza 7
2. Nittaku Fastarc G-1
1. Tibhar Evolution MX-P

Some of these rubbers have been around for almost 10 years  (e.g. Vega Pro was introduced at the end of 2009). The list does no cover Butterfly because TT11 does not sell their rubbers to most countries.
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 6:43pm
I can understand Hurricane 3 Neo popularity, it´s cheap and with 2 layers of booster becomes a lethal weapon (in proper hands, of course). 
As for G-1, Rakza 7 and Vega Euro and Pro, I say they are simply better and more reliable than new tensors like Rasanter and Omega VII.
Haven´t tried the others.
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 7:30pm
I absolutely loved MX-P at the time that I was playing with it but I do believe that some of the newer (or relatively newer) generation of tensors are a little bit better overall (for example Rasanter R47). It is possible that MX-P and some of these other series of rubbers might be selling more on TT11 because of their buy 3 get 4 deal because at the deal price, MX-P becomes a great buy option for sure. 

Having played with Rakza 7 for some time now, I am not sure why it is so popular. I just hate the feeling of that rubber and I have tried it on almost all the possible blade compositions and it still just doesn't feel as good as some of the other tensors.

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

G-1 and Vega Pro are so conventional, reliable and predictable, I can see why people like them so much, MX-P has the speed that gave it muscle credibility to compete with T when nobody could get even close and it's up there for that reason only, even though it's not that great. (I don't remember what the Rakza series feels like.)
G-1 remains the best for me because its versatility and position right in between Rozena and T05. In fact, it is better than T05 for anybody under 2200 because it's more forgivable in the short game and blocking, especially when dealing with incoming spin.

G1 brought back the joy of table tennis for me.  It is the most popular rubber in Japan for good reason.  I don't feel the need to buy or test something else and the quality of the rubber is rewarding my game.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 8:21pm
I suspect some of the buy 4 for the price of 3 may help sales of some of these. 
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 8:32pm
Buy 4 for price of 3 definitely effects sales as top 6 are all in that deal. Interesting the rise of G1. Been out for 8 years yet gone from not popular at all to aiming for top soot in last few years. It's been number 1 seller in Japan for a while but was way behind Vega Pro in EU until recently.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

G-1 and Vega Pro are so conventional, reliable and predictable, I can see why people like them so much, MX-P has the speed that gave it muscle credibility to compete with T when nobody could get even close and it's up there for that reason only, even though it's not that great. (I don't remember what the Rakza series feels like.)
G-1 remains the best for me because its versatility and position right in between Rozena and T05. In fact, it is better than T05 for anybody under 2200 because it's more forgivable in the short game and blocking, especially when dealing with incoming spin.

G1 brought back the joy of table tennis for me.  It is the most popular rubber in Japan for good reason.  I don't feel the need to buy or test something else and the quality of the rubber is rewarding my game.
Just bought 4 G1s for my ZJK ALC. How do you find it?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

It might be too slow for you.  It is like a slower MX-P which means it does some things really well, and has great spin but without being too fast.  But if you play close to the table, you will absolutely love it and I like it away from the table because I like to control the ball not hit it hard per se.

Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Buy 4 for price of 3 definitely effects sales as top 6 are all in that deal. Interesting the rise of G1. Been out for 8 years yet gone from not popular at all to aiming for top soot in last few years. It's been number 1 seller in Japan for a while but was way behind Vega Pro in EU until recently.

It wasn't sold outside Japan until recently.  And it wasn't discounted either back then.
Cybershape Carbon
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 8:29am

It wasn't sold outside Japan until recently.  And it wasn't discounted either back then.

That would explain things! What were Nittaku thinking though?!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 8:57am

That would explain things! What were Nittaku thinking though?!

It is a good question.  Possibly something along the lines of Butterfly like protection since it is an ESN rubber for a Japanese company.  Let's just be happy it is available now as things can always change. 
Cybershape Carbon
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 10:35am
The G-1 has always been available around the world since release.  The comments on tt11 date back to 2013.

G-1 didn't catch on highly likely because it was late to the porous-sponge party, even later than Rakza 7(Mar, 2010) and Vega Pro(Dec, 2009).  The time it shot up in popularity happened to coincide with Ito winning the German Open in 2015.

Quote The Fastarc G-1 is an absolute oddity.

It was released in July 2010, so close to 2 years after Tenergy and close to 1 year after Baracuda/Hexer/Genius/X-plode.  Unlike the others that started with a bang and then sank into oblivion, Fastarc G-1 has been in and out the top 10 of Table Tennis Kingdom sales ranking during the last years of 40mm, and only really became a best-seller well after the switch to the 40+(July, 2014).  It's going strong in the ABS era(April, 2017) and has been at the top for the past 2 years except for 2 months, when Rozena temporarily dethroned it in Aug and Sep 2017.

Edited by zeio - 02/26/2019 at 10:36am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 11:25am

It might be too slow for you.  It is like a slower MX-P which means it does some things really well, and has great spin but without being too fast.  But if you play close to the table, you will absolutely love it and I like it away from the table because I like to control the ball not hit it hard per se.

Hmm, I played good with MX-P and the Fang Bo 2, with the ZJK ALC I hope the G1 will be good. A 2 month old MXP feels great on the ZJK ALC but idk, the feel of MXP leaves something to be desired! And the porous sponge makes gluing a nightmare
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

The G-1 has always been available around the world since release.  The comments on tt11 date back to 2013.

G-1 didn't catch on highly likely because it was late to the porous-sponge party, even later than Rakza 7(Mar, 2010) and Vega Pro(Dec, 2009).  The time it shot up in popularity happened to coincide with Ito winning the German Open in 2015.

Quote The Fastarc G-1 is an absolute oddity.

It was released in July 2010, so close to 2 years after Tenergy and close to 1 year after Baracuda/Hexer/Genius/X-plode.  Unlike the others that started with a bang and then sank into oblivion, Fastarc G-1 has been in and out the top 10 of Table Tennis Kingdom sales ranking during the last years of 40mm, and only really became a best-seller well after the switch to the 40+(July, 2014).  It's going strong in the ABS era(April, 2017) and has been at the top for the past 2 years except for 2 months, when Rozena temporarily dethroned it in Aug and Sep 2017.

Yes you could find it with Nittaku retailers as far back as 2011.  It is the other general ESN retailers that didnt have it then who have it now.  I hesitate to comment extensively because these things can change.
Cybershape Carbon
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 12:38pm

things can change as in « stock up on the g-1, nittaku is on the move and they’ll cost $55 before long. »

I've heard that $105 is the magic price.
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 3:48pm
seems like their customer base is in america and the choices are based on the advice given in mytt and ttdaily forums Smile
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 4:06pm
just switched to mxp, can’t beat the 4 rubbers for price of 3 on tt11.

Rozena is still by far my favorite from butterfly for anyone under 2k usatt.
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 4:33pm
the good thing about G1 is that it lasts longer than any of the top 5, and does not take humidity much and it happens that is far better for the plastic ball than any tenergy, it has a very high throw full of spin but slower than mxp tenergy wich is so good that it can be played with any blade from all 5 wood to carbon blasters which is not the case of tenergy mxp or rasznter. it suits woman and man styles. so many more people would buy it of course. it is like h3 (china) in tensor tenergy market.and lighter too.

Edited by Mickael - 02/26/2019 at 4:46pm
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

the good thing about G1 is that it lasts longer than any of the top 5, and does not take humidity much and it happens that is far better for the plastic ball than any tenergy, it has a very high throw full of spin but slower than mxp tenergy wich is so good that it can be played with any blade from all 5 wood to carbon blasters which is not the case of tenergy mxp or rasznter. it suits woman and man styles. so many more people would buy it of course. it is like h3 (china) in tensor tenergy market.

Very accurate description.  Some may quibble with the Tenergy statement but not I.

Edited by NextLevel - 02/26/2019 at 4:44pm
Cybershape Carbon
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 6:38pm

If one finds G1 + ZJK ALC slow, then there's some serious issue with that person's technique. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 7:40pm
Vik2000, do you have video of your play to share?  It helps me put your statement in context.
Cybershape Carbon
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 8:40pm
Mystery solved....

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 2:16am
all andro tibhar xiom ... are on offer mistery not solved. only the best made it to the top.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 3:59am

Vik2000, do you have video of your play to share?  It helps me put your statement in context.

Edited by zeio - 02/27/2019 at 3:59am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

all andro tibhar xiom ... are on offer mistery not solved. only the best made it to the top.

Yep. 
Cybershape Carbon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 12:52pm
"all andro tibhar xiom ... are on offer mistery not solved. only the best made it to the top."

'Best' according to whom?.....you?

Mystery solved. PERIOD. End of conversation.

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 02/27/2019 at 12:52pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:21pm
Hi,

The argument concerning the sales popularity of the top selling rubbers at a certain company being dominated by the 4-for-the-price-of-3 discount is an interesting one.  It is alleged by some that this is the primary reason for the specific sales results, implying that the top selling list would be substantially different had there been no discount feature influencing the buyers.

A valuable contribution to this argument and this discussion would be lists by those advocates of this position of what, in their view, would be the top selling list absent the currently available discount.

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:22pm
46 rubbers promoted, yet, only the old-timers listed above are the most popular in 2018. I don't see how the promotion solves the mystery.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:40pm
The data comes from the same website.

Exactly what is so hard to understand?

FdT
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

The data comes from the same website.

FdT

I know that. I copied it from their blog. LOL.
My question was meant to be: "Why do several older rubbers win in popularity despite new designs continuously offered?" Maybe I should have worded it like that.

You may be answering a different question. Not sure what that question is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic