Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New BTY blades: Photino, Viscaria Light, etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New BTY blades: Photino, Viscaria Light, etc
    Posted: 04/15/2007 at 11:43am

Photino has 2 layers of Zylon, just like Nittaku Tremendous.

Sponsored Links

timd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 12:02am
Some excerpts from an interview with Butterfly material expert Taisei Imamura in the Butterfly news letter http://butterfly.tamasu.org/newsletter/butterfly-news.pdf

Photino OFF starts with a selling price of 129,90 Euros, which may well be called exclusive. What decides the price of the optically exceptional PHOTINO OFF? The yellow-blue design hints at a professional conclusion.

Indeed, the design of our new PHOTINO OFF is impressive for a tabletennis blade. Professionals worked with it. This is of course not the most decisive factor about a top class blade. No, we have built in a new material: Zylon. That is a new element comparable with carbon and arylate. It is used for example for the production of very light gun proof vests. Zylon has two abilities: it is very light and simultaneously very hard. Our Japanese contract player, Jun Mizutani, became Japanese Single Champion with it.

So it is a blade of a new generation?

You can say so, because it is destined for the time after fresh gluing. The players need harder blades in connection with new rubbers like our new rubber SOLICION, to keep the speed.

Very interesting are definitely the two new KISO HINOKI Blades V andVll. What is so special about them?

It is the Hinoki � wood of the Japanese Kiso Cypress. Kiso is a Japanese region, where only this type of cypress is growing. The trees must be at least 300 years old. The Hinoki wood of this Kiso cypress is not too hard and at the same time very light. The result is the typical HINOKI feeling. The best middle layers are being used for our one layer penholder HINOKI models. The use of Hinoki veneers has a special tradition at Butterfly. Players, who are looking for light, strong blade with a lot of feeling, will be over the moon. The difference between the five layered KISO HINOKI V OFF- and the seven layered KISO HINOKI Vll OFF is the speed. The model with seven layers is a bit faster.

Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 12:35am
no new klasik defensik blades? :( 

butterfly is breaking my balls...
わが青春に悔なし
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 11:50am
So, anybody has used this blades with zylon material ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by timd timd wrote:

What decides the price of the optically exceptional PHOTINO OFF? The yellow-blue design hints at a professional conclusion.

What an awesome quote from an official Butterfly newsletter LOL!  Clearly the sheer awesomeness of the combination of the colors yellow and blue is the mark of professional quality.  The "optically exceptional-ness" of this blade alone is clearly worth at least $100 for any serious player Smile.
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 12:36pm
i am still waiting for my mizutani special which has zylon in it.i think it is like a m. maze with zylon instead of arylate/carbon.
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 9:58pm
can anyone verify if the specs of viscaria light are identical (other than weight) to the old model? I think the blade thickness is different and much thicker than the old one, but im not sure
KongLinghuiSP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KongLinghuiSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 11:28pm
Viscaria light is 3-ply wood, 2-ply arylate carbon, the old viscaria is 5-ply wood, 2-ply arylate carbon
Spin the ball, Damn it!

Buy/Sell Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77237&title=feedback-konglinghuisp
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 9:38am
bty needs to make more cpens and defensive blades
bty is also breaking my balls
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 11:11pm
just noticed those hinoki blades say made in china on them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KongLinghuiSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 6:12pm

the Photino has arrived this morning, haven't tried it yet as it is for a friend, not myself.  but i have to say, butterfly have outdone itself yet again, the made quality is perfect.  the whole thing is made beautifully.

Spin the ball, Damn it!

Buy/Sell Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77237&title=feedback-konglinghuisp
Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by KongLinghuiSP KongLinghuiSP wrote:

the Photino has arrived this morning, haven't tried it yet as it is for a friend, not myself.  but i have to say, butterfly have outdone itself yet again, the made quality is perfect.  the whole thing is made beautifully.

where did you buy photino?
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KongLinghuiSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 10:40pm
i bought it from iruiru.com for 12000yen
Spin the ball, Damn it!

Buy/Sell Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 10:49pm
oh, can you only buy it from japanese version of website? I can't find it under iruiru/e (oh well....I'm buying an ishlion anyways). Still, please give us your comments.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by KongLinghuiSP KongLinghuiSP wrote:

i bought it from iruiru.com for 12000yen
How much did they charge you for shipping?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KongLinghuiSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 12:21am

you can buy the stuff they don't have at their english site, here is what you do:

order what you can from their english site, then at the checkout section, there is a space provided for you to write down comment, in there you can write down what you want out of their japanese site, simple!!

i bought a lot of other stuff along with the photino, the total package is 1.5kg, shipping cost is 3600yen.  i think when buying from iruiru.com, you need to buy a lot to save on shipping. in my case, i am buying for 6 people, and they pay 600yen each, which is quite cheap.
Spin the ball, Damn it!

Buy/Sell Feedback
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 1:25am

I highly HIGHLY doubt that more colorful blade will help you improve your game. ;p

わが青春に悔なし
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Ksix Ksix wrote:

I highly HIGHLY doubt that more colorful blade will help you improve your game. ;p

Tongue Wrong!!!  As Butterfly said, "The yellow-blue design hints at a professional conclusion".
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 3:07am

OH DEAR~ IS DAT SUM PROFESSIONAL CONCLUSION???

(good eye silvalis, good work PrinsScrn)

Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 9:30am
lol.
わが青春に悔なし
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 2:00pm
There you go.  Soon, all players will be using the powerful yellow/blue technology!

By the way, that Kappa Hong Kong tt shirt is pretty nice looking.  I would like to get one of those.
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 7:17pm
Yes that shirt also hints at a professional conclusion. Im sure my rating will go up to 3000 when I put it on ...
わが青春に悔なし

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 8:11pm
have you gotten to try it yet? This blade uses zylon, not ULC, so the playing characteristics won't be anything like KC or Ishlion, it'll be like a TBS or viscaria?
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by mdjenders mdjenders wrote:

Originally posted by Ksix Ksix wrote:

Tongue Wrong!!!  As Butterfly said, "The yellow-blue design hints at a professional conclusion".

hahahah this is hilarious
Kreanga Aeros ST
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 11:52pm
I am going to paint my kim taek soo blue and yellow
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 12:39am
Yes.  Good move.  That would hint at a professional conclusion.  Just the blue and yellow color combo would get you at least 4 points per game.... against professionals. 

On a more serious note, to whomever has this Photino, do tell us how it plays and how it compares to blades like KC/Ishlion or the Arylate Carbons.  We know it is "optically exceptional", but does it play exceptionally?
WALDNERSENSO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALDNERSENSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 8:47am

Anyone have a photino blade?  it�s fast ? soft or hard? it�s good?

thank�s
Donic Waldner dotec Hinoki blade
Sriver El
Sriver Fx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KongLinghuiSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 5:23pm
i tried the photino i got for my friend briefly, with bryce fx and sriver fx.  my thought is it feels like just another carbon blade, but lighter.
Spin the ball, Damn it!

Buy/Sell Feedback
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 11:20am

If anyone is gonna buy this blade, don't forget to take a few snapshots for us!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 11:22am
dos anyone no how to order off of iruru to ship to PA?
Kreanga Aeros ST
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic