Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ONLY for Tenergy 05 lovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: How long will it be before there is a better rubber than t05?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [25.00%]
15 [37.50%]
3 [7.50%]
4 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [7.50%]
5 [12.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ONLY for Tenergy 05 lovers
    Posted: 10/12/2009 at 6:35pm
honestly this poll is for people who actually have tried many rubbers and just can't find anything remotely as good.

I keep trying other rubbers on one side of my blade but just keep coming back to t05.  What are your thoughts, is maybe one of those things that just can't be improved for someone who loves that feel?

I mean lets look at other examples such as short pip thin sponge players, they fall in love with a simple rubber and just believe it cant be beat.

But for us counter looping freaks a metre back from the table is there going to be a better rubber? And if yes how long do you reckon and will it probably be butterfly modifying t05 etc...
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 6:35pm

thanks mods -

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 6:38pm
Im guessing that in within the next couple of years there will be a tiny modified version of t05, maybe more tension, or slightly grippier top
but it would take about 5 years for them to come up with a new formula that works better.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 6:54pm
You know, I'm not going to even guess & while I personally have no business using it I did get to hit with some (t05) once for around 10 mins...

I was surprised in that, while of course, you can spin silly with it, what set me aback was how bloody DAMN WELL it handled short/soft/touch stuff.

& while the Butterfly is, arguably, the best manufacturer/ overpriced hyped;
the can of worms is now open

let's say, as has very very recently been put forth by some, another rubber may surpass it in ways
will the Butterlfly acolytes hear?

NO!
Evil%20Smile
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
chugun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chugun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:02pm
....i really hope these 'better rubbers' will be baned....is it YOU who r spinnin the ball...or is it ur rubber....ahahahahaha...
...chugun is fighting with loopers...
push,push,push...and when they loop smack it
Senkoh 5
shor pimple Stiga Royal 2.0
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by chugun chugun wrote:

....i really hope these 'better rubbers' will be baned....is it YOU who r spinnin the ball...or is it ur rubber....ahahahahaha...

this is true chugun
the player does spin the ball BUT he needs a tool/weapon to do so

Hitting the ball with ones unadorned hand is not satisfaying, much less effective!
NEXY Lissom st 85g
chugun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chugun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:08pm
u dont get it....there shuld be a maximum friction level & maximum allowed speed level....all inverted rubbers beyond that levl should be banned....
...chugun is fighting with loopers...
push,push,push...and when they loop smack it
Senkoh 5
shor pimple Stiga Royal 2.0
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:10pm
exactly
give a sheet to someone who hasnt played for a long time or even someone who has is hardheaded about change, then all you will here is this is rubbish what a pile of .... I have heard it many times

but give to a player who is willing to get used to it - so far nothing comes close.

Now back to the topic.... 
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:11pm
are you friends with Adam Sahara chugun?

Sorry Boz...
I'm done here...
should be a good read though.
Pinch
NEXY Lissom st 85g
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:12pm
exactly to heim

you got to be joking chagun - the most intersting part of table tennis is spin

i would quit the sport if we all had you short pips and just punch and hit the ball at each other
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:16pm

as for the whole hexer thing - I would like to hear from people in a couple of months of using hexer on one side and t05 on the other and how the durability and continuity of big spin deteriorates, butterfly is well known for its long lasting consistancy - andro rubbers well known for fragile 1 month performers - the price is the same (correct me if im wrong)

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
ppcircle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppcircle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:20pm
After fews months of using T5, you will find the used T5 becomes more spinny. Try and you will have a great discovery.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

are you friends with Adam Sahara chugun?

Sorry Boz...
I'm done here...
should be a good read though.
Pinch
sorry back - just hoping for people to give some calculations on time frames - otherwise im going to just go buy 10 sheets of tenergy 05 and be done with ejing 

i still get some requests for t64 - but honestly its just no as hot, its more dynamic for sure

A little worried I will buy 10 sheets and butterfly will suddenly announce a release of tenergy 05 fx or tnergy 05 hard or tenergy 05 lite or tenergy 05 tacky or tenergy 05 super high tension

Has butterfly released in their srivers or bryces or other families anything in that way?

For example actually I think they had bryce fx then bryce speed fx oh and bryce fx power sponge etc (answered my own question) so this is what i was thinking when I started this thread

the improvement from bryce to bryce speed (would most see it as an improvement)? 

Like tenergy 05 speed would be just hot
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by ppcircle ppcircle wrote:

After fews months of using T5, you will find the used T5 becomes more spinny. Try and you will have a great discovery.
I wont agree with you at all there sorry

but I totally agree that you can use a t05 for a year and not the topsheet but the structure produces more spin than any other rubber ive tried

I will also add that I actually prefer my t05 to be a touch older.  Sure the spin is fantastic for serving when its brand new but the control of receiving and blocking can be a touch too hot
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 8:23pm
Right now no other rubber comes close to Tenergy for spin+speed w/o using boosters. Tenergy-Light would be really nice... Something between "the other rubbers" and Tenergy.

A rubber with the performance of a Tenergy that's 1.9, but in 2.1 thickness would be good. I don't like the feeling of too much blade on a shot, but Tenergy 2.1 right now is overkill for me.

If someone makes a better (spin+speed) rubber than Tenergy, it will be Butterfly... The next generation of Spring Sponge.

Tenergy 3005. Green sponge.

silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 9:04pm
What kind of question is that poll?  There already IS rubber better than Tenergy, depending on a player's style.  I like Tenergy, but its not the only show in town.  I also don't use it because I like other rubber better (cost is no object). 

IMO, Tenergy, like a lot of other equipment, its too fast for 99.44% of all players.  Its a mistake for most players to use it. 

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 10:33pm
hence i asked only people who believe tenergy 05 to comment because they understand.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 11:40pm
tenergy !!
agree great rubber... but i believe its not worth 50$ per sheet.. im sorry. =[
agree t05 is better than t64 =].. t05 is more durable than other rubbers.. (topsheet)
i voted 1 year... i think for the speed/spin + price.. there are some rubbers than come close and are 50 % cheaper.
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2009 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

hence i asked only people who believe tenergy 05 to comment because they understand.

"Understand" what?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 2:23am
Hold off boz, did you see the new racket coverings list with the Tenergy FX line? IF not, then wait and dont stock up cuz its coming!

otherwise, you might have said that BECAUSE of the new list, in which case I guess nevermind my comment Smile
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 2:59am
we definitely need a rubber that plays like tenergy even in humidity. :)
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 4:41am
T05 is not great for ALL blades. Every rubber needs the appropriate blade to work well.
Schlager Carbon and Tenergy 05 is excellent combination.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 9:40am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Hold off boz, did you see the new racket coverings list with the Tenergy FX line? IF not, then wait and dont stock up cuz its coming!

otherwise, you might have said that BECAUSE of the new list, in which case I guess nevermind my comment Smile
bbbbbbbulllllllllsssswacks

really are you gonnna make me go and check?

oh man excited

2. if you dont understand dont worry
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 9:45am
There's nothing to understand.  Just be careful walking through the pasture.  Its hard to get that "understand" off of your shoes.
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 9:45am
1 year
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 10:03am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

nah man this is news to me so lets see who is right then!!!!!!

009 Tenergy 05 FX In

010 Tenergy 25 FX In

011 Tenergy 64 FX In

012 Flarestorm II Out

these are the new rubbers for butterfly

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

There's nothing to understand.  Just be careful walking through the pasture.  Its hard to get that "understand" off of your shoes.
the topic is only for tenergy 05 lovers not for people who dont believe its the best rubber

this topic was not meant to be a place to argue which is the best rubber

if you dont understand that please becareful not to eat that yellow snow where the huskies go(quote from Frank Zappa) 
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 10:25am
  Confused 

Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

the topic is only for tenergy 05 lovers not for people who dont believe its the best rubber

this topic was not meant to be a place to argue which is the best rubber

if you dont understand that please becareful not to eat that yellow snow where the huskies go(quote from Frank Zappa) 

ONLY for those who don't know better?  OK, I'll buy that.  You must have extensive experience in the finer taste qualities of yellow snow.  I'll leave the taste testing and reporting to you.  Please start a thread when you have tested and compared several. 

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL 

Confused

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 10:30am

Im starting a new thread about t05 fx

thanks
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2009 at 10:46am

Im starting a new thread about t05 fx

thanks

I'll try not to get any on my shoes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic