Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post your paddle(s) + Reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 2:37pm

what a strang head
My after-the tiolet hair  and hruskas grip

Bad cutjob XD.... 

[/QUOTE]
Sponsored Links

sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 2:39pm

Originally posted by XrisKyr729 XrisKyr729 wrote:

defensive attacker, hard to master but very good in far from the table cuts also good at mid distance counter attacks...highly recommended for long pips..

my KC w/ donic alligator soft, very, very good at attacking above the table!

why recommended long pimples?

khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

My Cpen setup. It's a Yasaka GE with homemade special handle, tailored for RPB.

Whoa! Nice mod. Wouldn't the bottom bump interfere when you apply that all important thumb technique in which you press down your thumb on the blade to close up the blade angle? I used to have the same configuration (top and bottom bumps) too, but has removed the bottom bump in my final design.

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by khvn khvn wrote:

My Cpen setup. It's a Yasaka GE with homemade special handle, tailored for RPB.

Whoa! Nice mod. Wouldn't the bottom bump interfere when you apply that all important thumb technique in which you press down your thumb on the blade to close up the blade angle? I used to have the same configuration (top and bottom bumps) too, but has removed the bottom bump in my final design.

I still can use my thumb and index finger to control the angle of the blade. I press down more my index finger for backhand defensive block, and apply more pressure using my thumb on my forehand block or even forehand topspin. The bottom bump did bother me just a bit in the beginning, but I was able to adapt to it. One thing that bump did help me was to have a more secured grip when I do RPB. I am curious. Do you have a picture of your mod ? I am very interested to see how other people do it. Thanks.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
DatSuKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DatSuKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 1:46am
Originally posted by sluskas sluskas wrote:

�what a strang head]
My after-the tiolet�hair� and hruskas grip

Bad cutjob XD....�

That's my old setup right now I have this:

Hurricane 3 commercial

LKT PRO XT

RPB grip

And a Wang Hao haircut Sexy shot right there.
Hard work and self-determination will surpass talent.

Blade-Homemade BirchBalsaBullet (3B JSX)
FH - DHS G666
BH - LKT PRO XT
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 2:54am

your wang hao hair cut is cool so does your RPB...but dude...next time try cutting your rubber with a cutting mat and a strong piece of cutter blade. only then you would be cooler than ice cube 

khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 1:12pm

Geno, I used to have a grip bump on the backhand side like this:

Now I only have one on the forehand:

khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 1:20pm

Sorry for the big pix. I've cut the sixe down to 200x150, 19K but it still shows up big! Strange...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 1:43pm

<SPAN class=bold>Geno, I used to have a grip bump on the backhand side like this:</SPAN>

<SPAN class=bold></SPAN>

<SPAN class=bold></SPAN>

<SPAN class=bold>Now I only have one on the forehand:</SPAN>

<SPAN class=bold></SPAN>

<SPAN class=bold></SPAN>

Wow, really cool. You have done a really neat mod there. That blade looks like a 1-ply hinoki cpen. Which Darker blade is it? Does it have a soft or hard feel?

Here is a picture of my original design. I cut off a small section from the top of the handle (on both sides) and glued a half and shortened wine bottle cork (roughly 7/8" in diameter) there. I also shaped the middle part of the handle, so it can rest better between my index finger and thumb. It was ugly, but played pretty well and felt very comfortable on my hand.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 1:47pm
that is so freakin cool u did that with just sand paper?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

that is so freakin cool u did that with just sand paper?

I first did it with only sand paper. Then I bought and used the Dremel to finish it up. As you can tell, I am not a smart craftsman or carpenter at all. I should have done the other way around.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 7:47pm
thats what I thought ive seen ppl make mods to blade before and they all use dremel
mat123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 10:49am
does anywone have a picture of 1 of the andro quad series?
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 12:12pm

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 12:13pm
khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 10:29am

Geno, it's a Darker J-Speed 90 in the pix. A 9mm-thick slab of younger, thus, softer-feeling hinoki.

Based on what you did, I'll say you're real blade modder, as good as any other out there. You design, I shall say, is very striking and adventurous. I'm surprised that those 2 tall cork pieces can sustain the pressure and not crumble away. Not to mention the glue you use, it gotta be pretty strong to give the corks a good hold too.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 11:07pm

Geno, it's a Darker J-Speed 90 in the pix. A 9mm-thick slab of younger, thus, softer-feeling hinoki.

Based on what you did, I'll say you're real blade modder, as good as any other out there. You design, I shall say, is very striking and adventurous. I'm surprised that those 2 tall cork pieces can sustain the pressure and not crumble away. Not to mention the glue you use, it gotta be pretty strong to give the corks a good hold too.

That's a very handsome blade you got there. With a softer feel, it probably gives you a good balance between the power and control. Also, the mod you did is very original. At least I haven't seen it elsewhere.

So far the cork handle is holding together pretty well. It's made from sandwiching 4 cork sheets of 1/8" in thickness each. I just use the regular wood glue and clamped the whole thing for a day or so. Afterwards I use Dremel and sandpaper to shape and trim it into the way I wanted.

Here is another project I did a while ago.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 11:28pm
you're a Star Trek fan??
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by pingpongkf pingpongkf wrote:

you're a Star Trek fan??

I am a hugh fan of all Star Trek TV series and movies. That blade does ressemble a Kligon Disruptor Pistol
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
CyrusTagle5215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyrusTagle5215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2006 at 1:05am
ill post mine later ... hehe im jealous
Stiga Offensive CR - Flared Handle
FH - Bryce FX 2.1 Black
BH - Sriver EL 2.1 Red
Stiga Carbo Glue
khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2006 at 10:49am

you're a Star Trek fan??

I am a hugh fan of all Star Trek TV series and movies. That blade does ressemble a Kligon Disruptor Pistol

Lol! That design's way out there... Did your blade play as fantastically as it looked?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2006 at 10:02pm

you're a Star Trek fan??

Lol! That design's way out there... Did your blade play as fantastically as it looked?

I modified it from a pre-assembled Friendship bat, a glass fibre one. The idea is to have 2 hitting sides in each hand. That is the forehand has two and the backhand has two also. I can hit my backhand using both sides. The top-side is mostly for push and block, and the bottom-side is used like the RPB. However the forehand is trickier. I can topspin or loop with the top-side. But the forehand bottom-side (FHBS) is another story. I've yet to find a good use of it. So far I only was able to block a wide-angle loop shot once using the bottom-side of the forehand. I think I am not used to the naturally closed angle and awkwardness of the FHBS

I only played about 5 times and I still need to figure out how to serve effectively with that pistol blade. I will get back to it when I get a table and robot. None of my practice partners has any patience with me when I play with that blade.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2006 at 12:30am

Man... This's gotta be the only blade that can multiply itself by 2 like that. With a normal blade, you only have a backhand and a forehand. With this Geno blade, you have twice as many blade faces to play with: bh bottom, bh top, fh bottom and fh top. This is like cheating: Playing with 2 blades instead of one.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2006 at 12:55am

Man... This's gotta be the only blade that can multiply itself by 2 like that. With a normal blade, you only have a backhand and a forehand. With this�Geno blade, you have twice as many�blade faces to play with: bh bottom, bh�top, fh bottom�and fh top. This�is like cheating: Playing with 2 blades�instead of one.

I know. Too bad the idea is not original. Otherwise I'd have patented it a while ago. I first saw it on Tom Veatch's personal website, except his blade handle is very different from mine. I believe he uses all 4 sides.

Imagine this. If you use two different kinds of rubbers, you will be able to multiple the types of loops you usually generate by 2, assuming you can land all of them on the other side of the table.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2006 at 12:45pm

A Butterfly Primorac Kinetic :)

we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2006 at 8:53pm

Here are my standard equipments.  The Avalox P500 (Nittaku version) is my regular blade with Hurricane 3 (39 degree) and Sriver FX (Max.) on it.  My personal view on Avalox with Hurricane is just three words �perfect for me�. 

My back-up blade is the newly acquired Yasaka Extra 7 with Donic F2 and Sriver FX.  The blade is softer than Avalov and with less power.  But I like it with Donic F2 for convenience. This rubber does not need to be re-glued.

The Butterfly Special Edition of 1 ply Cypress is for seeing only.  I got it in Hong Kong during my recent trip to Asia.  The blade is so beautiful that I don�t want to ruin its natural beauty by putting rubber sheets on it. 

Happy ping-pong to all.

Linn88

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2006 at 9:25pm
how much did you pay for the bty one ply?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2006 at 11:44pm
Wow. That's a thick 1-ply Cypress shakehand blade. What is the thickness? It looks like a 9mm at least. Have you weighed it?
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 12:35am

I paid HK $ 730, or roughly Cdn $ 105 for the Butterfly 1-ply Cyress.  I must say that I am very lucky of getting hold of it as it was the last one sold in the shop.  Its thickness is 9.3 mm with 90 or 95 gm (I forgot the precise number).

For those who are interested in this blade, you may take a look from the following Taiwanese ping-pong shop.  (I won't get any commission for referring this shop as I simply found it out from web search)

http://www.tabletennis.com.tw/index_1.htm

Happy ping-pong.

kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 4:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic