Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Question about boosting?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about boosting?
    Posted: 09/27/2019 at 6:04pm
Hi,

I was just wondering why do pro players prefer to choose hard rubbers and then boost it to soften them up a bit. Why cant they just choose a little softer rubbers? For example why would a pro player get mxp 50 rubber or even harder version and then boost it. Why cant they just go ahead with regular 47.5 hardness sponge of regular mxp. So, i would like to know the benefits of boosting a hard sponged rubber. Please let me know.
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2019 at 6:22pm
To my eyes, harder rubber have higher density (of course) and boosters only turn them a bit softer but maintain original characteristics: power and extra speed, compared to a lower density rubber.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2019 at 7:41pm
The misconception is that booster does not soften, it increases elasticity. Which makes the rubber feel softer, but it still has all the merits from the harder sponge, e.g. more control, spin and arc when hitting harder.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 12:21am
Thanks a lot for your responses. I tried boosting mxp 50 with one thin layer of falco. The rubber didnt get much soft but the throw lowered and the speed and spin increased quite a lot. But i noticed that on low power shots the ball just dropped down from the rubber.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 12:42am
FOOL'S TRAP.

Tibhar Hybrid K1 boosted with SeaMoon mineral oil.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 1:07am
what is this?
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 1:43am
for checking thickness, better to remove plastic cover out.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2019 at 2:24am
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

what is this?

A lie from igor , there s no way that you can tell a boosted rubber is gonna be x  mm thickness after boosting
Igor is drunk

Edited by mykonos96 - 09/28/2019 at 2:25am
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2019 at 4:55am
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

Thanks a lot for your responses. I tried boosting mxp 50 with one thin layer of falco. The rubber didnt get much soft but the throw lowered and the speed and spin increased quite a lot. But i noticed that on low power shots the ball just dropped down from the rubber.

In my case MX-P 50 boosted with 3 layers of Falco Tempo Long was much better than unboosted.
The throw was higher, I could place slow topspin very close to the net, flicks were a breeze; dwell, control, spin were incredible.
Because it's heavy I gave using it after a shoulder injury. With booster is even heavier. 75 gr uncut it's not for me.

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2019 at 1:19pm
Hi,

Don’t you think 3 layers is a bit too much for mxp 50?
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2019 at 3:27pm
With 3 layers I had the best results, you can try less and see how it feels.
Btw, the effect on MX-P 50 lasts for a week and half maybe 2.
There are some clips on howto boost with Falco, basically you apply one layer, let it stay for 24h, repeat 3 times, after the last layer you let the rubber flatten and then glue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic