Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RITC 729 Focus series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RITC 729 Focus series
    Posted: 09/07/2007 at 1:22pm
guys, does any already tried using the ritc 729 focus II? what are its characteristics in terms of speed, control, spin, and feel? i have read its description its says its for loop/drive... how can you compare this rubber to dhs h3 or to joola drum?
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
Sponsored Links

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2007 at 1:52pm
i have played focus III it was ok very medium in everything i would assume that focus II is about the same.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2007 at 3:26pm
Focus 2 is a lot different. The sponge is that hard orange "god favored" sponge. It's their new version of the traditional sponge but a bit lighter and springier. The topsheet is more like focus1 than focus3.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2007 at 6:38pm
Focus III is pretty good for BH... 

j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2007 at 2:29am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Focus 2 is a lot different. The sponge is that hard orange "god favored" sponge. It's their new version of the traditional sponge but a bit lighter and springier. The topsheet is more like focus1 than focus3.

does focus II is good in close-to-the-table game and mid-range game?
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2007 at 9:09pm
http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/focus_ii.htm

See above link for a reasonably detailed review of Focus II.  The review was done without the use of speed glue, with speed glue the sheet really shines, imo.

I am currently using this sheet on my fh.  It has been awhile since I used H III, but according to how I remember it:

F II feels smoother and easier to control. 
Top sheet is a little tacky, not as sticky as HIII and seems to feel softer.

If H III reduced the feeling ponderousness from H II, F II reduces that feeling even more.

I have a red sheet and a black sheet, the sponge on the black sheet is blue and feels softer than the orange sponge on the red sheet when I press my finger into the sponge.  I have not mounted the red sheet onto a blade and used it yet so I don't know if it will actually feel different in play.

Table game is quite good for me, no complaints; over the table loops maybe not as good as HIII, but still good enough.  Looping in general is very good imo, I think the speed is faster than HIII, spin is very good, and the control is fine.  At the table and mid-distance this sheet loops very well.
The after bounce jump on loops is very strong.

My favorite of the 729's, and all Chinese type sheets so far and for me the best value in fh sheets on the market.  The durability of the sheet seems to be good, but I have not had it a long time, some sheets seem to be good, but then deteriorate rapidly.

I have yet to try the new 729-2, SST God-Favored, Gold Dragon and Silver Dragon, all of which I have on order.  I can only hope that one of these sheets will offer something more to me than F II!

YEO

Boost TP
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2007 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/focus_ii.htmSee above link for a reasonably detailed review of Focus II. The review was done without the use of speed glue, with speed glue the sheet really shines, imo.I am currently using this sheet on my fh. It has been awhile since I used H III, but according to how I remember it:F II feels smoother and easier to control. Top sheet is a little tacky, not as sticky as HIII and seems to feel softer.If H III reduced the feeling ponderousness from H II, F II reduces that feeling even more.I have a red sheet and a black sheet, the sponge on the black sheet is blue and feels softer than the orange sponge on the red sheet when I press my finger into the sponge. I have not mounted the red sheet onto a blade and used it yet so I don't know if it will actually feel different in play.Table game is quite good for me, no complaints; over the table loops maybe not as good as HIII, but still good enough. Looping in general is very good imo, I think the speed is faster than HIII, spin is very good, and the control is fine. At the table and mid-distance this sheet loops very well.The after bounce jump on loops is very strong.My favorite of the 729's, and all Chinese type sheets so far and for me the best value in fh sheets on the market. The durability of the sheet seems to be good, but I have not had it a long time, some sheets seem to be good, but then deteriorate rapidly.I have yet to try the new 729-2, SST God-Favored, Gold Dragon and Silver Dragon, all of which I have on order. I can only hope that one of these sheets will offer something more to me than F II!

tnx for the info sprite.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic