Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RPB: blades and rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPB: blades and rubbers
    Posted: 04/12/2007 at 7:33pm
I am currently a single sided cpen looper thinking of adding rpb loop to my repertoire.  tried friend's stiga offensive cr with skyline tg2 fh and skyline tg3 bh, liked the rubbers, especially how i can change between spin loops and speed loops with ease on my fh with the tg2; since it was my first time trying rpb, of course i sucked at it during a game, but for practice, i was able to bh drive with relative ease as well as controlling the placement of the drives, and can change between regular straighter drives and the side spin drives.  I liked the feel of the blade how it had little vibrations but it was way too slow, a lot of my blocks went into the net.  The biggest problem I had with that set up was the heavy torque due to the hollow handle of the blade (i think it's hollow...).
I am considering a Yasaka Extra with tg2 fh and something with the characteristics of the tg3 but lighter bh in the near future, then ultimately move onto Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon blade.  What setup do you use?  and any comments about the equipments i'm considering?  (i like high throw tacky rubbers)
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
Sponsored Links

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2007 at 8:02pm
globe 999 has a relatively high throw and i've been using it for many years already.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
BobTheBuilder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobTheBuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2007 at 8:25pm
i hear that friendship's higher 3 would be a good choice for an RPB rubber.

Yasaka Extra Offensive C-Pen

FH: TG2 Neo Black

BH: Focus III Snipe Red
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2007 at 1:45am
RPB..i thnk u have use sriver...it's pretty good...for the blade YE is a good choice for RPB, but the it's mad slow compare to OC. so, it's your decision. And, Marlin carbon is pretty hard to control.so i would suggest you try yasaka offensive 40
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2007 at 1:19pm
thanks for all your suggestions.  i'll get a chance to try my friend's YE later, if it's slower than the OC like kei pointed out i definitely won't waste any money on that then.  the Ma Lin carbon is what i hope to end up playing with when i reach that level and can handle that blade so that won't be for awhile.  i'm thinking about one of the dhs hurricane blades, but whenever i do search about that too many rubbers turn up.  what do y'all think about those blades?
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 8:15am
Well, personally I enjoy using the Cream/Jap on my reverse. Its versatile and allows me to pull out some useful trickshots, and power is no problem once you have a full stroke.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 10:52am
I use H3 on forehand (poured glue of course), and japanese rubber on the back hand.  I think for rpb, any medium to medium fast blades work well for learning the stroke.  I recommend Stiga EG, YE, OC, Malin C, Avx 555, Avx 500, YO, Korbel.  As far as rubber goes for the backhand, Mark V, Sriver EL, Sriver L, Hammond, Ekrips, Inspirit, 729 Cream are all going to work just fine.

Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 6:57pm
seems like you use ma lin carbon cpen jason, how do you like it?  i wanna get that but i'm a bit afraid of it being too fast for me, the blade i've tried out of the suggestions you've made is the stiga oc which is way too slow for me, can you compare that to the ma lin c?

tentative setup:
Blade:  Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon / Yasaka Offensive 40
FH:  TG2
BH:  Cream Transcend / Hammond / Hammond X
kim_taek_soo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim_taek_soo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 11:36pm
I'm pretty sure Ma Lin uses Sriver EL for RPB. (Depressing.)
BTY Neutrino R

Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0

My feedback: https://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic92859.html
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 1:17am
tg2 is like a huge leap cause it doesn't have a high arc. i am going to switch to tg2 cause now i want my loops be lower, so it's going to be like an upgrade for me.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2007 at 2:19am
hmmm... maybe my friend's tg2 sponge deteriorated and became harder, because i was able to produce high arc spin loops and low arc speed loops at will...  i think he got that rubber in china, so that could also be the difference...
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 12:18am
so Yasaka Extra is definitely out of the picture, it's slower than the OC and it vibrates a huge amount, about the same as my current blade if not more, which is something i don't like.  i might just jump directly to Ma Lin carbon, and cop my friend's stiga with 2 tg's setup if he's willing to sell as a transition if ma lin gets too fast for me.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 12:38am
Sounds good, do let us know how the setup plays.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 12:39am
Originally posted by kim_taek_soo kim_taek_soo wrote:

I'm pretty sure Ma Lin uses Sriver EL for RPB. (Depressing.)

Ma Lin uses Bryce for rpb.

http://www.fotop.net/rxng/cntt/malin2

http://www.fotop.net/rxng/cntt/malin_001

It also looks as though Ma has carbon only on the bh side of his blade
YEO

Boost TP
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 1:10am
hmmm, does the commercial Ma Lin Carbon blade has the white outer ply of wood? on the pictures, seem like the blade has the dark outer ply.
yeah yeah, commercial, commercial.
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 1:30am
not sure, but it could be that he's been using the same blade for awhile.  my dad's 20 year old dhs blade was regular wood color before, now it's all dark.  also i've heard rumor that it could be a special edition yasaka extra-2 (if such a blade exists) with the ma lin handle, prolly bs on that part though
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 1:39am
well, it doesnt seem like the sweat's on the blade to me, cuz if so, u can easily recognize the kinda finger-shaped on the spot where he keeps his fingers on, not consistently dark all the way.
anyway, I might be wrong though.
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 1:53am
yeah, that makes sense...  i guess it's just some special edition ma lin carbon they made for ma lin then... can't really think of too many other reasons...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic