Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubber for forehand chopping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber for forehand chopping
    Posted: 04/10/2007 at 4:30pm
Just would like to know what rubbers do you recommend for forehand chopping with inverted rubber, and also what thickness should the sponge be, is a 1mm sponge any good or would a 1.5mm be better. Thanks, also i currently use tackifire drive which i find to be a bit fast (1.9mm)
Sponsored Links

mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2007 at 6:04pm
I have the Tackifire D 1.7 on the fh right now, and it is good for chopping but too slow for loops.  I thought the Joola Tango def 1.2mm was also good for chopping.
joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2007 at 7:05pm
Juic 999Elite defense or Joola Topspin Chop
BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2007 at 9:13pm
bty tackiness chop 1.8 is still slower than tackifire chop
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2007 at 9:56pm
I'll second the Tango defensive (only comes in 1.2mm, but gives more punch then you'd think for topspin; depends on your blade, as well)
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2007 at 12:46am
Geospin tacky comes in a variety of thin sponges and is very nice for heavy chops.  If you want to only chop with it, a thin sponge like 1mm would work, and if you want to mix in some control loops, 1.7 or so.
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 1:39pm
I'm going to say my usual Globe 999/t on a Saviga sponge.  That never lets you down on that.  
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 12:56am
The best I liked is tackiness chop II, but it is not good for heavy looping - soft looping with with side spin is very effective.

There is one to sell at http://www.tabletennisnetwork.com/Equipment/BuySellTrade/tabid/69/Default.aspx

flatulenzio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulenzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 4:54pm
I like soft tacky topsheets for chopping. e.g. Globe 999, FS Cream...

For Chopping only without Looping or Hitting a soft sponge in 1.0mm is enough. If you want to loop or hit go for 1.5 or more.

I can also chop with 2,2mm Saviga sponge - but there's not as much backspin as with slower and softer rubbers...

What blade are you using??

Benny
a blade, a black Rubber, a red Rubber
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 12:41pm
i use the joola chen weixing, wot do u think of that defensive rubber from dhs is that any good, forgot what it was called
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 1:52pm
The only one that was advertised as the defensive inverted rubber from DHS is the PF4-1 and 6338 i think...

PF4-1 is exellent for chopping but weight is really heavy, and it really isn't fast at all, the max avaliable i believe is 1.8 mm sponge.

If you want to put ultra spinny balls, and like the heavy chops, PF4-1 will be exllent. Con side is that it eats spin a lot. not that easy to use against heavy spins.

The other one is only advertise for DEF range just because it's a ALL- rubber with no particular special for chopping, do NOT get that one, that rubber is used for DHS for premade 2 ~3 stars rackets. However, if you prefer allround rubber for chopping and stuff. you might like it.

PS: why you find the Tackifire D 1.9 too fast? pherhapes you are not used to it yet? because it's semi fast rubber, which is good if you want to throw in occasional attacks. If you go with slower rubber, you might find your attacks have more trouble to kill a shot. The other similar feeling rubber is Tackiness D, it feel more or less like a striped down tackifire D in many aspect.
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 1:59pm
thanks for the reply yes thats the rubber im on about, also i used the tackifire to attack with i didnt chop at all but recently a top player has told me that i would be a much better player if i just stepped off the table and chop everything, so maybe the PF4-1 would be a good choice.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 3:39pm
I use Juic Spinspiel SV 1.5 on my Bh and it works great for chopping. It still have some offensive abilities but unfortunately it bottoms out very fast which sometimes makes it really hard to get good spin on the ball. For pure chopping I think it would work great.

If you still want to be able to counterhit with some speed Globe 999 on a 2.0 sponge should work. Easy to control in chopping game but still decent speed/spin ability when hitting offensive shots.
The holy grail
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2007 at 9:25pm
I have a tackifire drive to sell in the BUY SELL TRADE section of http://www.TableTennisNetwork.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic