Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seamoon booster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 11:03am
Not like other tuners which seem to make the sponge mushy. The sponge kept a solid feel.. it felt like it was a better spring effect. Added dwell and kept the feel. Speed and spin noticeably improved.
Sponsored Links

cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 2:24pm
Can you try Seamon on classic rubber like Sriver/MarkV?
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
DistantStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DistantStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 3:47pm
Seamoon booster works very well with these...

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/xiom-ball-case-xbc-ii

:D
Nittaku Acoustic
Xiom Sigma Euro 2.0
Tibhar Genius Sound 2.0
Takkyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takkyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 10:05pm
I'd like a comparison between DIANCHI & SEAMOON if someone tried both. I intend to get seamoon as soon as i ran out of dianchi anyway.

Normally, a booster, mostly if it's chinese, it supposed to soften the sponge which adds springiness and better feel/better control.
VISCARIA fl
Hurricane 3 Provincial
Stiga Boost TX
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Takkyu Takkyu wrote:

Normally, a booster, mostly if it's chinese, it supposed to soften the sponge which adds springiness and better feel/better control.

and this is why i dont see how can people claim that it is a form of cheating :P

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
ray james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ray james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 5:49pm
Tried it . the best booster yet ! 

DHS PG7

F/H hurricane neo national 2.15

B/H XIOM Omega V1 pro max

ray james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ray james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 5:52pm
DHS PG7

F/H hurricane neo national 2.15

B/H XIOM Omega V1 pro max

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 8:09pm
I recently got some and have treated two rubbers with it so far. I have yet to glue them up however I found to get any decent curl required quite a few layers. My H3 neo has had about 5 and now has a decent curl. I also had a X3 lying around that had a fair bit of reverse dome as it has been reglued a few times. I have put about 7 layers on it to get the same curl as the H3.

My mates got this.in for me and tried a hit themselves. They though it simply uprated the rubbers specs (speed/spin) and importantly it didn't go mushy.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 11:01pm
WHY ITTF ISN'T HAPPY ABOUT BOOSTERS/TUNERS.

Just read this document.
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=206&Category=rubber&Competition_ID

and this excerption on foremost
....The obvious solution is to control those racket coverings so as to reduce the speed and spin slightly, but not too much; we do not want to change the character of the sport entirely.

ITTF earlier plan to speed the game down by introducing 40mm balls did not work out well. The bigger ball has now became as speedy as it used to be in the past days of 38mm balls.

Clear, ITTF is not happy about such speedy balls and rubbers and is naturally unwilling to let into the game any staff that is eventually to drive the sport even faster and the rallies less controlable.

The postfactory (home made) boosting on the rubbers is known to increase the ball speed/spin dramatically, and this surely doesn't comply with ITTF early expectations to eventually slow the game down, and this is the best principle reason for ITTF to keep any home-made boosters/tuners away from major international competitions.

NOTE: There is no good evidence so far that ITTF is about to accept and validate the use of the bio-boosters some later day.

So, every player alive is well adviced to get prepared for the "booster-voided epoch" to come down quite shortly, I guess.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 12:17am
I have done a very small amount of "boosting" in my TT carrer but that said I see now point in worrying about this. Until they have a way to test for tuning then the rule will be pointless. Of course if they ever do devise a test, different treatments will appear that beat it.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 1:21am
ITTF have to eventually decide what they want more - driving the sport faster, higher and stronger, as the Olympic motto suggests, or driving their profits higher and faster.

Edited by Imago - 08/08/2012 at 1:21am
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 1:35am
Originally posted by ray james ray james wrote:

Tried it . the best booster yet ! 

Better than Dianchi booster?
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

ITTF have to eventually decide what they want more - driving the sport faster, higher and stronger, as the Olympic motto suggests, or driving their profits higher and faster.

TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Takkyu Takkyu wrote:

I'd like a comparison between DIANCHI & SEAMOON if someone tried both. I intend to get seamoon as soon as i ran out of dianchi anyway.

i have used both . dian chi for 7 months and seamoon for 2 . effect is the same  , i would say seamoon gives a notch of speed more , but you can control this by experimenting with the quantity of oil u put to the rubber . 

its more economical because for the same amount of oil seamoon gives more speed and its cheaper also , check my previous post on this thread 

p.s. do not strictly follow the instructions either to dian chi nor to seamoon . the best way to boost your rubber is to experiment till you get the desired speed control feeling and softness of the rubber . For example i prefer to lay down 5 or 6 very very  thin layers of oil to my H3 (dian chi says 4 layers) and it gets curly uniformly with really nice effect and duration .
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2012 at 6:32pm
I just glued up two rubbers "boosted" with seamoon. TG3 neo was alot better than what I got out of the packet and was also the 1st time I have used a chinese rubber with catapult effect (bounciness). Was quite an eye opener how much better it was to use however I am guessing it could use more as it still felt a little dead next to a tensor.

I was surprised far more by the sheet of X3 I boosted up. Straight away you notice that the rubber is much louder than before! Even slaps produce brush like clicks! The other standout was that I could not feel the rubber bottom out even on big loop drives. It played far more like a hard sponge than a soft squishy tensor. Speed picked up slightly however spin picked up quite a bit. 3 of us took turns hitting and blocking loops comparing the X3, TG3, S1 and S1t. Both the hard Acudas were still easily quicker than boosted X3 however the X3 was rivaling the spin of the S1t! Considering that normal X3 does not compare to any Acuda this was quite a shock. We could all BH loop the blocker off the table with the X3 90% of the time vs 50% with S1t.

As a guide I don't gauge boosting by layers but by curl. In this case both rubbers where boosted to 180 degree curl.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2012 at 7:12pm
http://cl.ly/image/3N330V2G2p0v

Got this from ttnpp.com, took a while to get here from HKG

I put one coat of Finezip on it, then one thin coat of the booster. It has a gentle dome after 1.5 hours. I will follow up with pics as it progresses. Once it dries I will do another coat of booster, then glue to the blade. I will put this on an an identical blade and test vs. regular unboosted H3 Neo.

Very curious smell, like herbal Chinese medicine ;)

-EDIT-

After a little more than six hours:

http://cl.ly/image/0w22010R150a

So far the sponge is not too much softer, it seems like the booster is very slowly seeping into the sponge -- I added another coat before I left for the day and couldn't wait... came back to the office to see this taco rolling up. I thought the sponge would be WAY softer by now, lamp oil had that effect. This seems to be a much slower process which is probably a good thing. Topsheet looks beautiful. The sponge is starting to get that "full" puffy look when you see all the pros setups. Uhm, as if there was any doubt, these dudes are boosting for sure-- I mean at least they are getting something very different than the general public from the factory.

Edited by dauntless - 10/02/2012 at 11:23pm
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Takkyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takkyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2012 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

http://cl.ly/image/3N330V2G2p0vGot this from ttnpp.com, took a while to get here from HKGI put one coat of Finezip on it, then one thin coat of the booster. It has a gentle dome after 1.5 hours. I will follow up with pics as it progresses. Once it dries I will do another coat of booster, then glue to the blade. I will put this on an an identical blade and test vs. regular unboosted H3 Neo.Very curious smell, like herbal Chinese medicine ;)

Cool
Btw, don't pour Jack Daniel's over the sponge if you get drunk..

I think you should have bought the provincial version and picked a softer sponge.. But that's my personal preferences. If by any chance you don't like or don't intend to make a full use of that bottle of Seamoon, I could buy it back from you. Let me know if that's the case.
VISCARIA fl
Hurricane 3 Provincial
Stiga Boost TX
Johnny.d.p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny.d.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2012 at 12:20am
HAHAHA! Do not eat. That's hilarious! Isn't it kinda obvious?
BTY Viscaria FL 88g | DHS H3 BS 2.1 41 x DianChi | BTY Tenergy 64
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2012 at 12:50am
I use the same combo of Seamoon and finezip and it works very well. I use 40dg provincial though. I hear it's even better on the non-neo sheets. I'm going to try that next time I get some new Hurricane. My sheet is only a month old and still probably has another boost left to use at least. 
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2012 at 1:35pm
I would warn about using finezip:
make sure you make very even strokes of glue, whatever wider or thicker strokes you make will be amplified by the tuning.

I am also tuning an old sheet of mark V (bare sponge), a sheet of palio hk1997 39 (glued) and another brand new H3 Neo 39, I'm going crazy.

The commercial H3 Neo right out of the package smells worse than the booster.

beeray1: how long does the tune last on average?
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2012 at 3:51pm
Notes:
Just measured the total thickness with digital calipers --> 3.85mm

Depending on amount applied I would guess you could tune at least 10 sheets with the bottle.

-update-

Some pic links:

http://cl.ly/image/2o0X1r2A2O1C

http://cl.ly/image/0p05431j2N07 If Apple made weights

http://cl.ly/image/2t0m0F3b0R2B

http://cl.ly/image/242w47441F0a

I'll hit with it in a few minutes and update side by side initial thoughts

Edited by dauntless - 10/04/2012 at 4:19pm
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2012 at 5:16pm
Uhmmm, OMG

Just played with the very very very old and completely blown out 1.8mm Mark V with one coat directly to the sponge. Holy crap this must be what speed glue felt like. Massive dwell on the rubber, huge huge spin on slow loops  (like Tenergy -- and I played with T05 for 2 years) but with so many freaking gears and AMAZING speed. Yasaka Synergy blade. I am very shocked.

The HK1997 39 wasn't quite as nice, it was already pre-tuned and it was kind of blah compared to the Mark V (edit) it was just very loud... maybe it will settle down. I don't have any idea how long this stuff lasts, but a boosted Mark V is amazing.

I kinda blew all my energy with the Mark V setup so I will test with the other blade combos later. If the effect lasts for any reasonable length of time, I could seriously go back to using Mark V, no joke.

Edited by dauntless - 10/04/2012 at 5:22pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2012 at 7:43pm
 it would be nice to know what rubbers boost well and how much,wonder if someone could post a table of boostness
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2012 at 5:56pm
Well, I am not incredibly impressed by seamoon on H3 Neo. I am doing one more sheet with one more layer. I think the first layer of glue limits the action of the booster. When put directly on the sponge, one layer is sufficient (at least for Mark V -- remember I've only done one sheet).

The effect on H3 Neo with the finzip application (2 layers) did not provide me with much in the way of effect. Sponge still fairly hard (which is fine, but I expected more) and its basically the same rubber.

Once I finish the next sheet, I will chime in again. I am also going to tune the other 1.8 mm Mark V to see if the tuning on that wasn't a fluke. I think direct to sponge is the ticket here. Even though the H3 Neo rolled up like a sushi roll, it was not a magic change.

Edited by dauntless - 10/05/2012 at 5:56pm
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2012 at 6:28pm
The NEO's don't have as good an effect, but it should still be a pretty noticeable difference. 

What I gather that you did:

2 layers of Seamoon on a sheet of commercial NEO H3 39 hardness. 

My use: 3 layers of seamoon on a H3 Provincial NEO 40 hardness. 

I would think that 2 layers would be fine on the 39 hardness. Usually, when I get a new sheet of NEO, I use the sheet straight out of the package, and only use the seamoon when the effect out of package wears off. I don't know about you, but when I reboost it, I completely remove the glue buildup, put one layer on the bare sponge, let it sit overnight. In the morning I use one layer of glue, let dry, add another layer of booster. Then after letting that dry for a few hours, One layer of glue and then I do the last layer oil, and then another layer of glue after it dries. So I alternate glue layers with oil layers. Usually works really well. I don't ever get much dome though, but I get a good effect. The only real difference I see is that you boosted a brand new sheet right away. I think maybe it interferes with the tuning they have already. But that is my only guess. 

When I boost, the effect lasts in between 3-4 weeks. The first 3 weeks have a really consistent performance, and the fourth week you notice a drop. My friend says that when you boost a regular sponge (non-NEO) he initially uses 4 layers, and then only needs to add one layer for a reboost and it is just as strong. So I'm going to switch to the normal sponge one as soon as this sheet is done. I think the japanese sponges boost much easier, hence your result with the Mark V. The sponge is also thin and bare, further amplifying the effect. Chinese rubbers require i'd say at LEAST 2 layers, but usually 3-4. Especially using a harder sponge. 39 is more common, but for 40 i use 3. My friend uses the 4 layers on 39 hardness, so I think it's something you need to tinker with until you get the right results. It took me a bit to get a routine down that worked well. Also, I disagree with your assessment, I think that one bottle of oil is more than a years supply. I use thin layers though. 

Edited by beeray1 - 10/05/2012 at 6:29pm
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2012 at 3:13pm
I got a nice dome on this one:

http://cl.ly/image/2H2J1n2G263j

I think you are right about everything. The boost was ridiculous on Mark V, night and day.
The Neo probably has some issue getting re-boosted before has even lost its boost. I think a non-neo H3 would work better.

I let the dome re-tract this time over the weekend and just glued it today. I will retry at the club this week and report what I find. I applied relatively thick layers, found it difficult to do thinner layers.

Edited by dauntless - 10/08/2012 at 4:20pm
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2012 at 6:34pm
one thing though after using seamoon on TG3bs.. its nowhere near as strong as Falco Long boost
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2012 at 2:27am
sorry, does seamoon pass the "mini rae lite" test?
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
rabanitorosario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabanitorosario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

sorry, does seamoon pass the "mini rae lite" test?

What is this test?
1950 USATT
BBC 1Ply Cypress
Innerforce ZLC
FH T64FX Red
Former Member of Puerto Rico's National Team
BH T80 Black
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2012 at 3:02am
it's the machine they use to test your racket at tournaments.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic