Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Serves Tactics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by sulli182 sulli182 wrote:

Mostly serve to where you put your opponent on the wrong side of the ball.  I.E. for righties always serve your backhand side spin serves or reverse forehand serves to your opponents forehand (righties) so that to get on the "right" side of the ball they have to manipulate their wrist.  You will also find that some players get to the "right" side of the ball when you do this but dont understand why.  So serving these guys where they will be on the right side they will still bend their wrist and get on the wrong side.  figure out early in a match if they are good at doing both and if not exploit what works

ic.. it is true.. i observe, as for me myself.. it is more easy for me to attack fh serves to my bh than the bh serves to my bh. also more difficult to return serves from lefhand player to my fh.

so the strategy is to train n use that kind of serves more is it?
Now i use DHS Hking 655 but i miss my the moments i use dr neubaeur firewall plus.
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 11:27pm
http://store.alphatabletennis.com/ptts.html --the Great of the game in serving actions. Special video techniques employed.
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2010 at 8:21pm
i think chen qi style is unique.. he prefer rally after serves.. his serves not really heavy but he is ready for any return.. i observe his opponent drive  then dropshot when return his serves.
Now i use DHS Hking 655 but i miss my the moments i use dr neubaeur firewall plus.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 12:25am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

http://store.alphatabletennis.com/ptts.html --the Great of the game in serving actions. Special video techniques employed.

I actually bought that video, but the camera angles were annoying.  There were many important things one couldn't see.  You could see the pros hit the ball, but often could not see where on the table the first bounce was occuring, the ball trajectory, or how the ball behaved once it got on the other side of the table.  In other words, it was hard to know what to make of the serving motion without being able to see what they were trying to accomplish.

There is a youtube video in Japanese of Schlager serving that I found much more useful because you could see what he was trying to do with his serve.
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 2:08am
any idea know how i can download youtube video and play it in slow motion so that i can learn how world class player serves n receive :) ?
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 3:14am
use one of the firefox add-ons, its called
flash video resources downloader"

and you could slow it down in windows movie maker, if you dont have any editing software
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 3:56am
theman, i have successfully install that add on, but i donno how to locate/use it.. it tell me somewhere in status bar? can u guide?
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 9:39am
after install 2 add on then the icon appear at bottom righht of the browser. i can download youtube video now to watch slow motion of serves n analyse their tactics.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 4:27pm
good for you champ
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic