Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Speedglue on airplane?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speedglue on airplane?
    Posted: 05/16/2007 at 8:25pm
I think there was a thread about having speedglue with you on an airplane. The most of you said it was illegal...

But how does the pro�s have theirs speedglue with them to others countries?
Sponsored Links

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2007 at 9:16pm
they probably just get it there or ship it ahead of time are something like that
side note how do you like the h3 blue?
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2007 at 9:26pm
you just need to put the glue in the baggage which you check in. The rule is that you cant have any fluids in your handbaggage, so just check it in and it will be no problem.
Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2007 at 10:01pm
Actually, as far as I know, it's not legal to even to have a substance like that in any of your baggage, even the one you check in . My coach arrived at a tournament only to find his glue was missing and had been replaced by a note notifying him that security had gone through his baggage and removed any illegal items.

About the pros, I heard somewhere about kreanga using some odd tactic to sneak in his glue by disguising it in his luggage. I think it's a problem all of us, including the pros have to face.

I've seen people try all kinds of things. Some people just put it in a plastic bag to people hiding their glue in mountain dew bottles.
As for me, it's never been a problem.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2007 at 10:38pm
that's right--it's illegal to bring speed glue on the plane, period.

before all these changes in security, i heard most of the pros would just put the glue in some other container, a non-glue container so that no one would notice (like mad b. said above).

but now, cuz of the ban on liquids, even that's not safe.  so, i wouldn't even bother.

and i guess with the glue ban next year, it will finally cease to be an issue.
HaoFZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaoFZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2007 at 10:46pm
buy it there? ^^

I doubt there is an illegal trafficing of speed glue aboard flights lol
Jon2378 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon2378 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 4:27am
i had a similar problem when i went to nationals and new zealand recently

its fine to take speed glue on the plane, as long as its not in your hand luggage

so if its not in the backpack you take with you onto the plane, it won't be a problem
hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 5:34am
Originally posted by creeder06 creeder06 wrote:

they probably just get it there or ship it ahead of time are something like that
side note how do you like the h3 blue?

It is great! Smile It sucks up the glue more easily than with the normal H3!Big%20smile
hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2007 at 5:36am
When I was in Denmark for a half year ago, i noticed a sign when i checked my main luggage in. It said that it is illegal to have flammable and explosive things on the plain...

Has there ever been any accidents, with such things on the airplane?
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 6:18am
The whole situation is a little chaotic ! In Athens airport I can always carry with me speed glue even in the original can. In Thessalon�ki (Greek city) airport, glue is prohibited !
Kreanga puts his glue in a plastic box and as far as I know he has no problems.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 10:51am

Thats correkt Stavros! I was in Bulgary for a half year ago, and I had a small knife in my bag by an accident. And it wasn�t detected. But when I came to Denmark, it was taken away from me.

I don�t think that they are afraid of if it would explode. I think they are more afraid of if it had something to do with terrorisme.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2007 at 4:05pm
well i wonder if the water based speed glues that companies are developing would be a problem such as stiga's aqua speed glue because i am assuming that it is not flamable which is the main reason that it get be taken on to planes
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2007 at 9:48am
Originally posted by creeder06 creeder06 wrote:

well i wonder if the water based speed glues that companies are developing would be a problem such as stiga's aqua speed glue because i am assuming that it is not flamable which is the main reason that it get be taken on to planes

they wont even let you take for example a bottle of water or toothpaste onto an airplane in Denmark, I suppose its because they fear somebody disguising liquid explosives as unharmful liquids.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic