FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga blade
    Posted: 07/08/2007 at 5:19pm
Hi guys. I know alot about butterfly and dhs blades but im not very familiar with Stiga blades.

I was wondering what CR, or WRB blades stood for, and which stiga blades were popular...such as the one wangliqin uses.

If anyone can explain me about the different kinds of famous stiga blades that would be great. Thank you
Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2007 at 5:41pm
CR is crystal coating which makes the surface a bit stiffer therefore a bit faster compared to non-CR of the same blade.

WRB is hollow handle. Makes the blade a lighter, claimed to add better touch and better acceleration for returns. But to me just makes the blade more head heavy.

W.Li Qin  is said to use OC CR with a dhs king handle. Most popular stigas are AC, OC and Clipper. I use Energy Wood which is also a light, nice  and popular blade.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
seanknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2007 at 5:56pm
the CR is a UV coating, essentially varnish, not the crystal coating on the newer stiga blades.
Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2007 at 6:06pm
I'm not sure what they stand for but it goes a little something like this:
WRB blades have a hollow handle. Stiga has many claims surrounding this "technology" but it really comes down to a lighter blade that is more head heavy. This changed balance means that the sweet spot of the blade moves up away from the handle. What happens with wrb blades is usually that you like them or you don't. People who tend to contact the ball closer to the top tip of the blade tend to like wrb blades more because that's where the sweet spot is. Other people say they are unbalanced and the moved sweet spot throws off their game.
CR stands for Combi Revolution (whatever that means). As far as I know, they don't have hollow handles. The blade surfaces are UV-treated. don't as me how they do it, I have no idea. This makes the blade faster. I guess that the only difference between the CR blades and their "normal" counterparts. I've never really heard anything bad about CR blades, it's pretty much a matter of preference and what speed you're looking for.

Stiga blades in general are really popular. Some of the most notable ones are:
Clipper
Offensive Classic
Carbo 7.6
Energy
I've also heard good things about the optimum series.

You asked about the one WLQ uses, I think it's offensive CR but I have also heard that he uses a carbo 7.6.

As far as I know, clipper is the fastest of these blades except maybe for the 7.6. It's an all wood fast attacking blade.
The 7.6 is a blade with something like 13 plies 6 of them carbon. It's supposed to be a fairly fast blade while still maintaining good control.
The offensive classic is a popular blade that isn't that fast but apparently has good feel for the ball and can be very good if you get good contact.
The energy is also a slow blade but I've never used it or the optimum series so I can't really comment on them

Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2007 at 6:26pm
the optimum series are optimum ;) trust me!
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2007 at 6:27pm
I switched to a cr wrb blade after trying 3 butterfly blades...STIGA WINS BY A LONG SHOT! The feel is extraordinary
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2007 at 7:55pm
Hi guys again. Thanks alot for the replies...it helped me alot.

So is this the one that wangliqin uses? http://www.dandoy-sports.com/product_info.php?pName=stiga-offensive-classic-cr&cName=blades

Anyone else us this particular blade? or any of the other ones? Im debating if i should get a new blade because mine is getting old....and these blades dont seem to be too expensive.
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 4:20am
Originally posted by kosa123 kosa123 wrote:

Anyone else us this particular blade? or any of the other ones? Im debating if i should get a new blade because mine is getting old....and these blades dont seem to be too expensive.

Yes but his is a custom with DHS Hurricane King handle...(for endorsement purposes)...

I just bought the Offensive CR no-WRB Flared Master handle recently and cut/glued my rubbers to it tonight.  I'm going to the club tomorrow to test it out.

Blades aren't expensive at all because they usually will last a year at least...really don't know why some people have 15 blades or so....you only use one at a time...

Rubber sheets on the other hand, are the killer....they need to be replaced every few months if you play often(perhaps even less than a month if u play everyday and speed glue).  They are expensive and don't last....but they make a much bigger impact than swapping just a blade...
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 5:35am
there are cr blades that are wrb
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
thunderspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 1:57pm
stiga optimum carbo is better
blade:stiga op carbo
fh:TG SKYLINE-3
bh: BRYCE FX
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 2:01pm

the 7.6 carbon layer arnt really layers at all. the company found a way to mix carbon into the glue used to put the plys of wood together. so the carbon is in glue form between each ply.

kinda like the carbon speed glue i assume.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 7:50pm
If we forget the All Classic, which for me was the best Stiga blade until the
age of  40mm balls , OC remains the best blade for hitting and smashing, also the best for short pips. Energy and Tube light are very good for looping, Clipper also is great for looping. Optimum SYNC is my favorite Stiga blade, allthough i will use All Tube, because i din't realy want fast blades.
e-pingpongshop
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2007 at 8:08pm
question a bit off topic but relates to table tennis glossary:  what's the difference between flared master and flared legend shakehold?
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 12:58am
master is larger and legend smaller

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 1:26am
Originally posted by mece mece wrote:

master is larger and legend smaller
nah....FL - Master is slimmer @ the mid-section whereas FL - Legend is larger @ the end or butt!
kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 2:53am
i dont really get it...can you be more clear with it please? 
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 3:08am
you can notice that on the pic he posted, the red handle is legend and the green is master. Its a small difference, I bet you can feel it when holding the blades

kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 4:15am
so the master is suppose to be slimmer than the legend?

Also...does the Stiga Offensive CR have a hard, soft, or medium feel to it?
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 4:20am
Originally posted by kosa123 kosa123 wrote:

so the master is suppose to be slimmer than the legend?

yes....master is a slimmer handle...while legend is a fatter flared handle....fatter in the mid and end sections.

Also...does the Stiga Offensive CR have a hard, soft, or medium feel to it?

ive got the OC Cr....definitely a medium feel...don't really like stiga blades....they have this hollow noise when u hit it....and its not the handle...because its non-WRB.

weird coming from a Yasaka Extra to this....
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 10:47am

professor is rite. The rite 1, Optm. Plus's handle is not even WRB but it's got that "hollow woodish" feel. but it's got very nice control, speed is ok. It's kinda weird esp. for me coming from PKorbel, which has that "solid woodish kinda sweet" feel. If I've to compare the hardness of the following 3 blades, I'd rate them like this:

Clipper CR - Hard

PKorbel - Medium

Optms Plus n Sync - Soft Medium

kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 3:55pm
ohh thanks alot guys for the replies.

Offensive CR is an all wood blade right?

what about the other Stiga ones such as clipper, and energy?

Can anyone compare this stiga blade to the tbs? similarities,,,differences?

once again...thanks alot guys!
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2007 at 5:02pm
clipper and CR are all wood blades

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic