FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The Chinese Super League...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Chinese Super League...
    Posted: 06/08/2010 at 5:07pm
season starts tomorrow.  for those of you who can read chinese (use http://translate.google.com/# if you don't, like myself), go here for a list of teams and rosters:

and for the rules and schedule, go here:

also, i dunno if they'll do the same this year, but last year they posted videos of the men here:

and vids of the women here:

anyhow, enjoy!!  well, it's the best tt league in the world, so i'm sure you will...

edit: i was wrong about the video links above--those are news links only.

the video page is here:  http://cttsl.sports.cn/newscenter/video/  the videos can only be viewed in INTERNET EXPLORER.

also, last season, the women's matches generally took place during the week and the men on the weekend, so when you see tv listings for the Super League on the CCTV5 schedule and they don't say who's playing, then you can guess if it's a women's match or men's match by the day of the week it falls on.
Sponsored Links

zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2010 at 9:24pm
oooooh.. good players all over the asia are playing too..
joo se hyuk, feng tian wei, mizutani and etc..
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2010 at 10:09pm
yeah fukuhara is back....Han Yang is Kan Yo right? I think this is his first time playing in CTTSL

CCTV5 will be airing at 7:30GMT, don't know what team though.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2010 at 10:40pm
yes, "kan yo" is the japanese (mis-)prononciation of "han yang."

and that broadcast time is 3:30 am over here in (north) america.  hopefully, they will post the vids like they did last year, cuz that's a bit too early in the morning for me.

it'll be interesting to see how mizutani progresses in china, cuz i think he's a solid top-10 player now--bottom-half of the top-10.  let's see if he can evolve into a top-5 level player...
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2010 at 10:52pm
Interestingly there's no top Chinese player on Mizutani's new team,  last year he was on Ma Lin's team and he didn't do too well and lost the final match against Li Ching.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2010 at 11:45pm
yeah, well, he's the top player on that team, though they also have QIU YIKE.

i think mizutani's at a point now where he can beat just about everybody outside of china, but now he's gonna have to develop the skills to beat the chinese.

it'll be interesting to see if he can, cuz if he succeeds, what a shot-in-the-arm that would be to japanese table tennis.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 5:10am
Imo Mizutani already made great progression last season, he became much more consistent. Allthough still losing some matches, the last WTTC shows us he improved, especially mentally.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 9:50am
in the video section, they added this one today: http://cttsl.sports.cn/newscenter/video/2010-06-09/2029594.html so i assume that was the match they showed earlier.  it's a women's match btw. SHANXI & GUANGDONG and it's 2 hours long.

the videos work in INTERNET EXPLORER only.
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 7:52pm
anyone have the results for Shanxi Guangdong? They cut off when Guo Yan Liu Shiwen started Dead
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

anyone have the results for Shanxi Guangdong? They cut off when Guo Yan Liu Shiwen started Dead

Guo Yan won 3-1:
12 : 10   11 : 9   5 : 11   11 : 8

Her team (which is ECUST, not Shanxi) won 3-2.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 10:38pm
Confused WLQ had a bad start. He lost to some unknown guy 1:3. But anyway, the rest of his team is crap since Xu Xin left, so they ain't going anywhere this year.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 12:02am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Confused WLQ had a bad start. He lost to some unknown guy 1:3. But anyway, the rest of his team is crap since Xu Xin left, so they ain't going anywhere this year.
name of the unknown?
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 12:09am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

name of the unknown?

Lin Chen, I think.
NickoRulez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickoRulez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 5:14am
2010 Table Tennis Club Super League Shanxi - Guangdong
2010 CTTSL WT 06-09 Shanxi-Guangdong 1 Guo Yan vs Jiang Huajiun
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Y9FQHG9 
2010 CTTSL WT 06-09 Shanxi-Guangdong 2 Tie Yana vs Liu Shiwen
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XI38GWPH
2010 CTTSL WT 06-09 Shanxi-Guangdong 3 Tie Yana_Rao Jingwen vs Cai Sai_Zhou Fangfan
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z61J52FF 

Guo Yan - LiuS  stopped on first set 9-9
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 12:50pm

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

name of the unknown?

Lin Chen, I think.
I think is not the first time he beats wang
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 2:38pm
Can someone please post the teams with the players?
Is Sichuan still with Hao Shuai and Wang Jian Jun?
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 3:03pm
no, this year, mizutani jun and qiu yike play for sichuan.

hao shuai plays for JINZHOU BANK and wang jianjun plays with ma lin and tang peng at NINGBO.

wang liqin plays with chuang chih-yuan for SHANGHAI and wang hao plays with hou yingchao for 8-1 ("bayi").

and oh sang eun and ma long play for ZHEJIANG BANK.

anyhow, i posted a link to the team list in my 1st post above, but, of course, it's in chinese.

i ran it thru GOOGLE TRANSLATE, but some of the names didn't come out right.  for example, with zhang jike, it always translates "jike" to "division." anyway, here's the link to the translation:

TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 7:23pm
Shanghai Sports is scheduled to show a repeat (don't know what teams) in a few mins,  7:30pm EST

edit: guess not, they are showing some basketball program instead
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 6:37am
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

no, this year, mizutani jun and qiu yike play for sichuan.

hao shuai plays for JINZHOU BANK and wang jianjun plays with ma lin and tang peng at NINGBO.

wang liqin plays with chuang chih-yuan for SHANGHAI and wang hao plays with hou yingchao for 8-1 ("bayi").

and oh sang eun and ma long play for ZHEJIANG BANK.

anyhow, i posted a link to the team list in my 1st post above, but, of course, it's in chinese.

i ran it thru GOOGLE TRANSLATE, but some of the names didn't come out right.  for example, with zhang jike, it always translates "jike" to "division." anyway, here's the link to the translation:

hao shuai plays with ma long and oh sang eun at zheshang
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 10:06am
oh wow!!  you're right!!  google translated his name as "former member."
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 8:23am
Is there a home site from these clubs?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 8:29am

Can someone get us up to date if there will be a match?

And we must record the matches from cctv!!
This season I didn't see a lot of superleague videos :(
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:04am
the season started wednesday and, so far, cctv5 has shown only one match.

last season they were showing 1-3 matches per week, so maybe we'll have that this season, but the problem is, just now, the WORLD CUP has started down in south africa, so that's all they're gonna show now.  and then, in a few weeks, you have WIMBLEDON, so i guess we won't be seeing many super league matches this month, unless they're being shown on "local" tv and somebody in china records it and kindly posts it here or on bokett where someone from here can get hold of it.

so, hopefully, somebody here is monitoring bokett to catch any super league video that comes up...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:33am
actually, i'm looking at the schedule and the next round is tomorrow.  hopefully, somebody will televise it and somebody else will record and post a link.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 2:04pm
Which teams are playing?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

oh wow!!  you're right!!  google translated his name as "former member."
Ow yes!?

So who is former member?
I transated his name also a few time from a chinese site :s
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2010 at 1:09am
when are the videos going to role?

How do they determine who plays for what team? I used to think you just played for your hometown, but after hearing what was said earlier i dont think thats the case. Same for the non-chinese- how is this determined?
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2010 at 1:23am
Wang Hao's performance seems a little shaky still. He's 1-3 right now, beating Joo by 3-2, but losing 2-3 to Zhang Jike, 1-3 to Ma Long, and 1-3 to Hao Shuai.

Here's one for hoping his ticket to the WTTTC wasn't a fluke!
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2010 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

How do they determine who plays for what team? I used to think you just played for your hometown, but after hearing what was said earlier i dont think thats the case. Same for the non-chinese- how is this determined?

For each game they only allow 1 non-Chinese to play, but more than 1 can be on the team's roster. For Chinese players, they have a weird rule that classifies all the players into a few levels. Each team is only allowed 1 first-level player, like WLQ, Ma Lin, Ma long etc. Interestingly, Hao Shuai is not a first level player because he's not satisfied one of the requirements: he's still NOT a world champ Ouch This is why every year many teams try to pay lots of money to get him to play for them LOL Xu Xin has become a first level player this year and he can't be on the same team as WLQ so he had to leave.

On a bright note, WLQ got his touch back and beat Xu Hui and Lei Zhenghua 3:0 Smile
choulee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choulee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2010 at 12:13pm

the videos work in INTERNET EXPLORER only- What does it mean?
It played automatically last year but I don't know how to play it  this year.
Can anyone help please?  Also, uploaded videos are much more stable to watch. Really appreciate those video they had posted. Please keep on doing such a great job. Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic