Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos: 2012 Olympic Games , London, ENG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:09am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

How do you pronounce Hsing?

I believe it's "Sing" as in, "Singing"

actually it sounds more like "Shing" when I hear it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xypV6NlWCHY

Edited by the_theologian - 07/30/2012 at 4:13am
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:10am
Mr Mahdi_mak2000

I will agree with you:

1) if it is like the case of Singapore - scouts goes and recruit and provide citizenship instintly to athletics that are willing to betray they home land (not just TT, but for other sports too). And what makes it worse is that these Singapore TT imports are still training more in China than oppose to Singapore.
TT imports means that these players develop they skills in they country of origin and are scouted to represent a different country

2) Players like Chen Jing and I think Gao Jun, who imigrated for the purpose of TT - wanting to continue to play for another country when the orginal country doesn't allow them to continue playing international.

Something on a thin line:
3) Player like Chuang ChihYuan who grew up in Taiwan, spend a few years of his younger childhood training in Taiwan, but later on moved to China to develop further and later on to Germany. Overall he spend more time outside Taiwan then in Taiwan. This is possibly more accepted then point 1.

4) Player like Wang Chen - didn't imigrate to USA to play TT, but later was offered an opputunity to play, thus TT was not her purpose of imigration. This apply to one of my friend that became womens champion of South Africa, but she imigrated to South Africa with her family aged 16, and never played TT until 19 years old (when the university TT team asked her to represent her). She stop playing TT due to her studies and now is a qualifed CA and still doesn't play TT.

Totaly not imports:
5) Players like Ariel or Tin Tin Ho, who was born and bread above being a citizen of a new country. Most importantly TT talent was develop in this new country, where training camps in other countries like China or Germany does not count as "imports"

If you want to take Jeremy Lin as an example, he is American and not Chinese or Taiwanese, he did not learn his basketball skills in China or Taiwan, but is a pure bread American basketball system with a cinderella approach (from zero to hero over night). He did not become famous due to his Asian ethnic background, however marketing and sales improve due to that, but that is a different discussion point.

So are all these Cheating?
Please explain which point does your Sweden Chinese player are you refering to?
If it is like the case of Ariel and point 5, then you really are a jerk.
As who said no Swedish player with Chinese dencendent or any other country for that matter, is allowed to be a true Swedish and become world champion for his or her hard work and his or her  home country.

Your mindset of Ethnic background is history and stop using that to degrade people and they efforts. This is dangerous, just like how British police killed a pure British, Middle Easten decendents  due to his looks. This is called Racist.

Edited by ZApenholder - 07/30/2012 at 4:17am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:13am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

How do you pronounce Hsing?

I believe it's "Sing" as in, "Singing"

actually it sounds more like "Shing" when I hear it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xypV6NlWCHY

Correct
Mahdi_mak2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi_mak2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:18am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Mr Mahdi_mak2000

I will agree with you:

1) if it is like the case of Singapore - scouts goes and recruit and provide citizenship instintly to athletics that are willing to betray they home land (not just TT, but for other sports too). And what makes it worse is that these Singapore TT imports are still training more in China than oppose to Singapore.
TT imports means that these players develop they skills in they country of origin and are scouted to represent a different country

2) Players like Chen Jing and I think Gao Jun, who imigrated for the purpose of TT - wanting to continue to play for another country when the orginal country doesn't allow them to continue playing international.

3) Player like Chuang ChihYuan who grew up in Taiwan, spend a few years of his younger childhood training in Taiwan, but later on moved to China to develop further and later on to Germany. Overall he spend more time outside Taiwan then in Taiwan. This is possibly more accepted then point 1.

4) Player like Wang Chen - didn't imigrate to USA to play TT, but later was offered an opputunity to play, thus TT was not her purpose of imigration. This apply to one of my friend that became womens champion of South Africa, but she imigrated to South Africa with her family aged 16, and never played TT until 19 years old (when the university TT team asked her to represent her). She stop playing TT due to her studies and now is a qualifed CA and still doesn't play TT.

Totaly not imports:
5) Players like Ariel or Tin Tin Ho, who was born and bread above being a citizen of a new country. Most importantly TT talent was develop in this new country, where training camps in other countries like China or Germany does not count as "imports"

If you want to take Jeremy Lin as an example, he is American and not Chinese or Taiwanese, he did not learn his basketball skills in China or Taiwan, but is a pure bread American basketball system with a cinderella approach (from zero to hero over night). He did not become famous due to his Asian ethnic background, however marketing and sales improve due to that, but that is a different discussion point.

If it is like the case of Ariel and point 5, then you really are a jerk.
As who said no Swedish player with Chinese dencendent or any other country for that matter, is allowed to be a true Swedish and become world champion for his or her hard work and his or her  home country.

Your mindset of Ethnic background is history and stop using that to degrade people and they efforts. This is dangerous, just like how British police killed a pure British, Middle Easten decendents  due to his looks. This is called Racist.

great piece of information , tnx
BTY Viscaria
BH : Tenergy 05
FH : Tenergy 05
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Mahdi_mak2000 Mahdi_mak2000 wrote:

great piece of information , tnx

I know it is great, but your welcome never the less
But you seem to forgoten to answer this:

Mahdi_mak2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi_mak2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:37am
maybe you right about US or Canada ,australia and those countries who are open to immigrants. ( I mean multi racial countries ). so you cant blame them if you see asian in their squads.
another thing is i thought Hsing was born in china, since she was born in US and she got to know about TT using the opportunity that US bring to her, so she is true representative for US team.
but....the thing is i just feel weird when I see alot of adopted Chinese spoil the face nature of the international events..
BTY Viscaria
BH : Tenergy 05
FH : Tenergy 05
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:43am

maybe you right about US or Canada ,australia and those countries who are open to immigrants. ( I mean multi racial countries ). so you cant blame them if you see asian in their squads.
another thing is i thought Hsing was born in china, since she was born in US and she got to know about TT using the opportunity that US bring to her, so she is true representative for US team.
but....the thing is i just feel weird when I see alot of adopted Chinese spoil the face nature of the international events..

I understand where you are coming from, and indeed a little bit unconfortable to have a "Asian decendent top 20". I am Asian myself btw.

This is why TT need so much hard work (from ITTF and national org)
What if the Swedish no longer want to play TT, or German Juniors etc. We are already seeing the European juniors of todays is at a worse level then when Timo or Walder when at 18 years old.

BTW, if Ariel was born in China, and immigrated to USA at age 2 or 5, and had her TT development in USA, she does not count as TT imports.

IMO, TT imports is good to a certain degree, but relying on it - AKA Singapore, then it kind of states that the locals Singaporeans are not good enough. I am just waiting to see who Singapore is going to buy once the current Feng and Li of the world retires or maybe I am wrong and they do have a development system in place for a pure bread to take over.

In the case of USA, I think these TT imports added value to the sport and since these imports are retired, we are seeing the value with this current generation of juniors, even though most of them are of Asian decendent, but imo that shouldn't be a concern yet for a developing nation in TT.

If Ariel was to see your comment, she will be in tears as you did not give her any credit for her hard work, but rather saying, ah she can play TT like that because she is Chinese. So your decision was only base on race and not effort.
I also don't want to take away credit from Feng or Li of Singapore, as they work hard. But I just feel it is sad they can get bought away to play for another country.

Edited by ZApenholder - 07/30/2012 at 4:47am
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:50am

I beg your pardon. If we wish to start slinging the mud by citing isolated cases, we sling in any direction you want to, China, USA, Australia etc, I don't know what you are referring to in this case, but its uncalled for.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:53am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

I beg your pardon. If we wish to start slinging the mud by citing isolated cases, we sling in any direction you want to, China, USA, Australia etc, I don't know what you are referring to in this case, but its uncalled for.

I am not based in the UK or know what happens there.
I just know many months ago (can't remember how long), some innocent guy was shot in the Underground station due to his looks.

So what I am saying, looks doesn't mean anything now adays, you can't give credit or take away credit due to looks. That is also a form of racism and I am not saying all people in England or GB or UK are racist, I am just saying it is a dangerous decision option to have, as we have so many incidents around the world - ie my Middle Eastern friend getting treated unfairly by US customs when his pals 10 people of other ethnic decent mix with male and females had a smoother entry to USA.

Isn't that so? or am I wrong about the police that shot the innocent man due to his looks?
BTW, are you saying this because you are from the UK or you think I truely made a mistake?
I know what happened was a sad thing, but for the sake of convincing certain people that we are in a multiracial world, you need to treat all peope fair and provide credit when deserved and not based on looks

Don't worry, I am not slandering your homeland or people of your country (even though in history it is known that British are conquerors, but that is in the past, just like Japanese invaders of the early 1900, but no longer the case of today but saying we need to learn from our mistakes from examples in history and mustn't deny it). I believe in peace over fighting, and I live in a multiracial place and have lived in more than 5 countries and visited over 15 countries including England.

Edited by ZApenholder - 07/30/2012 at 5:14am
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 5:21am

--I know Gao Jun better than anyone on this forum, probably by a long shot, since she was our head coach for two years at our club.  She did not come to the U.S. to continue her table tennis career... That is absolutely false.  She told me she would have been in extremely high demand in China had she intended to continue playing regionally or coaching table tennis schools -even today.  She gave up her fame (and possibly fortune) in China at the height of her career to come here to start a new life, and fully intended to give up table tennis.  Similar to Wang Chen, once here she was convinced by many top U.S. coaches (including Cheng Yinghua and Jack Huang), players and fans to coach and to continue to play. 

--Chuang ChihYuan is 100% accepted as a pure Taiwanese player in Taiwan and elsewhere, even though he trained for a long time in China.  This is extremely common among Asian players, especially among Southeast Asian countries.  In fact, current Japanese national champion Ai Fukuhara spent considerably more time training in China than Chuan, and actually moved to China with her family at an earlier age than him... As a result she also speaks fluent Mandarin.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 5:27am
Thanks RoundRobin

As I don't have much facts on Gao Jun, I apologies for providing wrong information.

That why I said guys like Chuang ChihYuan is a thin line, but people can argue that his TT was not develop in Taiwan, and yes, same as Ai Fukuhara.

But no matter what, Ariel is more innocent but now was getting "named" and the Taiwanese and Japanese fans have no probem with they players training abroad as they are considered locals and no way close to being imports and Ariel is local and trained local, you get what I am saying?

Edited by ZApenholder - 07/30/2012 at 5:29am
martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 5:43am
Can we get back to whats happening at the Olympics now please?Smile

Henzell is doing well against Samsonov, 2-2 in sets
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 5:54am
William 6-5 up in the 6th set
come on man, take this set
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 5:56am
Joo lost
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
TTImpossible View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTImpossible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 5:56am
KIM HB won Joo Sae Hyuk !!!!!! :/
TTImpossible.. The art of Table Tennis vidéo
stepheN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepheN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 5:56am
Joo is out, heck of a match!
martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 5:59am
Henzell has taken it into the 7th set!!
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:02am
William is looking good
now take the 7th set.
Make us MYTT all proud

Alex Li - please organise a My TT top for William  Wink
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:09am
William lost Cry
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:18am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

ANCHORFREE_VERSION="623161526"var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00PE','IP':'212.118.232.131','CH':'HSSCNL000232','CT':'XX','HST':'&toAdltIntr=1&FBWCNT=10&NO_FBW=1&FW_UA=MSIE/6.0&SFLAG=1','AFH':'hss202','RN':Math.floor(Math.random()*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'2.25','fbw':false,'FBWCNT_CHROME':0};if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.*)?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null&&_AF2$.CH!='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}");< ="text/" title="AFc_814">.AFc_body814{} .AFc_all814,a.AFc_all814:hover,a.AFc_all814:visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}< ="text/">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}
if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000248'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000249'){document.write("")}else{var m=new RegExp(/&FBWCNT_CHROME=([0-9]+)/g).exec(_AF2$.HST);_AF2$.FBWCNT_CHROME=(m!=null&&typeof(m[1])!='undefined')?parseInt(m[1]):0;if(parseFloat(_AF2$.AFVER)>=2.03&&/NO_FBW_CHROME/.test(_AF2$.HST)==false&&_AF2$.FBWCNT_CHROME<10&&navigator.appVersion.indexOf"Win"!=-1_AF2$.strl=2048;_AF2$.fbw=true."")}}
Originally posted by atv atv wrote:

Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by atv atv wrote:

Ariel is born in USA, she is american despite her asian face, 

And the three other US Olympians are also born in the USA.

Mahdi, don't spam several threads with your ignorant comments - get your facts straight first. Don't judge people by their looks.

Funny joke... I was born in china. living there for many years but I am not Chinese definably. 

So you are saying those who were not born in China nor living in China for many years, are Chinese, that's funnier

atv can you upload the ariel-lxx match?

bbkon, what is that prefix that made me miss the whole post?

Maybe it's not the best idea to ask someone in China to upload videos, I don't have access to many streaming sites.
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:20am
Atv,
I am new to this proxy thing,
Could you install things like Expat Shield and then bypass those "Chinese firewall" to streaming sites?
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:27am
I want to see Ariel's match so badly. Eurovisionsports doesn't have it, my local sports TV channel didn't broadcast this match, dang it :////
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:28am
I could, but I already have cntv and cctv, nothing to blame except most important matches start 2 or 3am...

There are other VPN/proxy options but QoS is not stable so I would rather not use them
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:35am
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

I want to see Ariel's match so badly. Eurovisionsports doesn't have it, my local sports TV channel didn't broadcast this match, dang it :////

Ariel - LXX match can be watched here
http://2012.cntv.cn/20120730/102237.shtml

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:59am
Originally posted by dmras dmras wrote:

I am having trouble with regional setting
I see that you are in Russia
I assume you don't have regional setting issues right?
I wonder if there is some proxy thing route for this?
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 7:13am
Originally posted by dmras dmras wrote:

thanks for the tip but I cant watch it in my region :////

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 07/30/2012 at 7:13am
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 8:06am

I am not based in the UK or know what happens there.
I just know many months ago (can't remember how long), some innocent guy was shot in the Underground station due to his looks.

if you want to make such profound statements in public, you have to get your facts right. The guy was shot because the police mistakenly thought he was just about to blow up a train, it was a case of mistaken identity and absolutely nothing what so ever to do with racism in any form. 
I have not been personally, but I am reliably informed that if a white person visits many areas of China the people stop in the street and stare at them because they stand out, Is this racism? I don't think so. BTW, the guy shot on the train was Brazilian.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 8:16am

if you want to make such profound statements in public, you have to get your facts right. The guy was shot because the police mistakenly thought he was just about to blow up a train, it was a case of mistaken identity and absolutely nothing what so ever to do with racism in any form. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Mr APW46,

I don't need to feel ashamed

From what I heard from international media, and from what the family of murdered said, If it wasn't for the fact of his looks, he wouldn't been shot.
Now why wasn't some other person shot but him?
There were so many people there with bags and why was he the unlucky one? And it was like a whole army was there and not just some patrol police.

Now I'm not saying that police is racist and goes out shooting a specific race. But rather that if that man wasn't treated with his looks, I'm sure the whole thing will be different at the end of the day. So what ever your country or media wants to do to protect things going racial, I just feel it is a sad thing that diferenciation is still a big thing of our lifes, especially in Londons famous international airport.

So why are you being so defensive? do you agree to what that police man did and just accept the excuse of mistaken identity?
Anyways, I am not trying to be a judge here and seems like you are taking UK related things so serious. I am happy you want to protect your nation, but that is not the point.

If you read my previous post, I am saying - don't judge based on they ethnical look - it will lead to disaster

understand now mister? or you still feel that the whole world need to be ashamed because of some stupid mistake by some stupid police man and that the matter has resurfaced on the internet? a mistake is a mistake and we need to learn from and not RE DO it

Maybe you should be ashame of yourself because you are suggesting others to be ashamed of themself?

I just think you are taking it too serious.
A Chinese saying - A innocent is always innocent. Simply by you jumping to the gun (and not just this time), I can clearly see where you belong. I just hope the "mod" badge you have is not the reason of your post.

Edited by ZApenholder - 07/30/2012 at 8:20am
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 8:18am
1) Please stop posting off-topic nonsense - it's a mixture of irritating and boring to read/scroll through.

2) Can a Mod do some merging/cleaning on the plethora of Olympics threads currently on here? There's lots of repetition going on.
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 8:20am

if you want to make such profound statements in public, you have to get your facts right. The guy was shot because the police mistakenly thought he was just about to blow up a train, it was a case of mistaken identity and absolutely nothing what so ever to do with racism in any form. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Mr APW46,

I don't need to feel ashamed

From what I heard from international media, and from what the family of murdered said, If it wasn't for the fact of his looks, he wouldn't been shot.
Now why wasn't some other person shot but him?
There were so many people there with bags and why was he the unlucky one? And it was like a whole army was there and not just some patrol police.

Now I'm not saying that police is racist and goes out shooting a specific race. But rather that if that man wasn't treated with his looks, I'm sure the whole thing will be different at the end of the day. So what ever your country or media wants to do to protect things going racial, I just feel it is a sad thing that diferenciation is still a big thing of our lifes, especially in Londons famous international airport.

So why are you being so defensive? do you agree to what that police man did and just accept the excuse of mistaken identity?
Anyways, I am not trying to be a judge here and seems like you are taking UK related things so serious. I am happy you want to protect your nation, but that is not the point.

If you read my previous post, I am saying - don't judge based on they ethnical routes - it will lead to disaster

understand now mister? or you still feel that the whole world need to be ashamed because of some stupid mistake by some stupid police man and that the matter has resurfaced on the internet? a mistake is a mistake and we need to learn from and not RE DO it

Maybe you should be ashamed?

You are stating that a case of mistaken identity is racist, and that I just cannot accept.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic