Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Which paddle case do you use?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which paddle case do you use?
    Posted: 02/08/2011 at 6:55pm
I have typically used Tibhar single and double cases. However, I recently bought a Killerspin double and 2 weeks later 3 more guys at the club showed up with the same case. I'm afraid we may accidentally grab the wrong one some day and am looking for a new one.

I prefer a double as it has room for my keys, money, sweatband and extra balls in the 2nd paddle compartment.

Which case do you prefer? Do you buy a particular brand depending on what blade/rubber you're using at the time?

Post pics if possible.

Heres what I use.

Edited by MindTrip - 02/08/2011 at 7:28pm
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Sponsored Links

Rizzelet View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rizzelet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 7:12pm
http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=873

I chose the pink and black one because I'm cool like that.

This may not be the best choice for you since the source for buying this case is pretty out of the way. The reason I chose this case in particular was that I was already ordering something else from tt-japan and this case seemed to have the best price:ratio at the time.

However, in the way of quality, this is a top notch case. It's a double case so it comes with a sturdy, light purple divider. Each side of the divider has the standard 1 inch indent that your handle or whatever is meant to fit into. Additionally, there indents on both sides that you are able to place two 40mm balls into (so the case can carry 4 balls in total). There is a sleeve on the outside of the case as well, however it is only seamed on one side and there is no zipper on the other entrance to the compartment. Also, its pretty thin so not a whole lot could fit in there anyway. 

Aside from the sleeve issue, this is an excellent and easily recommendable product.

Edited by Rizzelet - 02/08/2011 at 7:14pm
GALAXY Moon
BUTTERFLY Defense Pro
DHS C&F III
unagidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unagidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 7:16pm
currently i'm using this one - lc
http://cgi.ebay.com/Li-Ning-Pro-Double-Bat-Cover-A003-2-/250755603598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6232dc8e
kong linghui special: bluefire jp01 / rakza x

my feedback
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 7:39pm
DHS Hurricane case  Thumbs Up  

http://www.dhs-sports.com/edhs/image/pp/pp.htm

cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 7:55pm
I use one of those fancy aluminum cases Tongue It was on sale and I needed to buy something for 30 bucks to get a volume discount lol.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by cls2222 cls2222 wrote:

I use one of those fancy aluminum cases Tongue It was on sale and I needed to buy something for 30 bucks to get a volume discount lol.

How do you like the aluminum case? How's the weight?

I like all the responses so far. All of them are unique, or atleast would be at my local club where most people use donic, bty, stiga and killerspin.

Edited by MindTrip - 02/08/2011 at 8:06pm
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 8:03pm
Single blade only, some brand specific to blade, some with a ball pocket, or plain full case from Zeron Pong. The Zero Pong one for $4.50 is a nice case and seems to hold up well.

Edited by RJTT - 02/08/2011 at 8:08pm

Founding member and club director of: Davidson County Table Tennis Club, NC.

www.davidsoncountytabletennisclub.com

CLUB SPONSORS: Joola, Giant Dragon, Zero Pong, Newgy, mypingpongbuddy
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 9:04pm

#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 9:05pm
My case? A yellowish Donic Formula Speed.

Inexpensive, practical and useful.
Blade: Timo Boll ALC 92 g.
Forehand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (black)
Backhand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (red).
Perfect loops
TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by cls2222 cls2222 wrote:

+1 Thumbs Up

Or make your own case!

Get one of those hard plastic file case (eg. http://image0.euroffice.co.uk/image/Snopake-Safecase-Document-Box-Plastic-A4-Clear---15377-Pack-5-817529-l0.jpg) , get some protective sponge, cut the shape of your blade and 'wah-lah'!...
wkm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 10:11pm

they are all usable from a cheap half cover up to a Pelikan case which is almost bulletproof

Edited by wkm1 - 02/08/2011 at 10:30pm
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 10:53pm

This came with my first ever racket, I use it because its actually large enough to fit a super oversized defensive blade.

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 2:57am
I just bought a Juic hard case from paddle palace last week and am very pleased with it.  It casn hold 2 rackets, each in its own compartment; or you can just put one racket in one compartment and other loose items in the other.  Here is the link: http://www.paddlepalace.com/Juic-Kilty-Hard-Foam-Double-Case/productinfo/CJKILPD/
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 11:39am
I had used paddle cases from Andro and Butterfly in the past but this is the one that I am currently used. 

Edited by ThaiLe - 02/09/2011 at 11:41am
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 11:55am
This.

Rizzelet View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rizzelet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 11:59am
Originally posted by bonggoy bonggoy wrote:

This.

+1. But if you were a real genius, you would get that vacuum seal jaunt. 
GALAXY Moon
BUTTERFLY Defense Pro
DHS C&F III
myfault View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 12:25pm
Butterfly Gerbil DX
main paddle + 2 balls on one side.
spare paddle + rubber cleaner/sponge + accessories on the other. 

Primorac OFF-

FH - Yasaka Rakza7 soft 2.5

BH - Sriver EL 2.1
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 1:28pm
I use a rectangular, soft case, with 2 compartments.
After a game, I put the blade in the first, "dirty" compartment.  After I clean the rubbers and put protective film on the FH tacky rubber, I put the blade into the second, "clean" compartment until the next game.
I also line the compartments with cut plastic transparency sheets.

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 1:30pm
a round one palio, an old yasaka red, yellow, white, blue (double), a tibhar blue and white (paddle form), an aluminium and blue case tibhar and the alu and glass stiga booster box.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by wkm1 wkm1 wrote:

they are all usable from a cheap half cover up to a Pelikan case which is almost bulletproof

I once played with someone who brought his paddle in in a soft triangular pistol case.  He did not have a gym bag and the only thing he had was the pistol case.  wonder how he was going to explain to the police if he got a traffic stop.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

wkm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 3:36pm
who knows what under the foam ???Ermm
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Rizzelet Rizzelet wrote:

Originally posted by bonggoy bonggoy wrote:

This.

+1. But if you were a real genius, you would get that vacuum seal jaunt. 

I used to use the vacuum sealed bags I still have the vacuum but dont have anymore bags, they only last so long. That makes tuning last a bit longer. Makes your rubber last a bit longer in general it seemed.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 5:14pm
The highest rated player in Tennessee uses a zip-lock bag for storing his paddle. I thought it was overkill till I started reading about the infamous shrinking Tenergy.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 5:26pm
The main thing is to remember that the level of your game is 90% determined by two things

a) quality of your racket case (btw, Nittaku single case is pretty good)
b) type of the socks you are playing in (Dry-Fit from Nike rule! 3 pairs for $12)

Talent, training, coaching, racket and all other junk only count for about 10%... Big smile
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 5:33pm
the best racket case in today's context:
 (with all these tuned / Tesnors /tenergies / other oxidation prone, speed reduction prone, grip los prone, moisture prone rubbers)

in my experience, is nothing but:  ZIPLOCK.

- It protects from absorbing moisture, losing tuning, oxidation of surface, loss of grip. 
- You don't need plastic cover for rubbers if you expunge the air before locking it tight. 
- Prolongs rubbers tensor effect.

easy to use... and cheap to replace... costs around 25cent per large bag. Clap

Yet to find a racket cover that can compare with Ziplock in performance. 

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Phot0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phot0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 9:34pm
I bought one of these from Eacheng not long ago. Partly because I liked the look, and partly because it's only $4.90 and actually well sized.

Palio TC6 | Globe 999T FH & BH
Palio TCT | Hadou FH, HK1997 BH
Galaxy T-4 | 729 Focus-II FH & BH
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

This came with my first ever racket, I use it because its actually large enough to fit a super oversized defensive blade.
I'm using 1 exactly like this one but black in colour, big enuf to "house" 3 blades, 2XOSP Palatinus's plus another favourite of mine, Tibhar H-3-9 ST, all combos.
Can't remember how old it's now, I have had it since late 70's when I was in UK.....

Edited by tiehwen - 02/10/2011 at 1:19am
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 1:47am
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

I'm using 1 exactly like this one but black in colour, big enuf to "house" 3 blades, 2XOSP Palatinus's plus another favourite of mine, Tibhar H-3-9 ST, all combos.
Can't remember how old it's now, I have had it since late 70's when I was in UK.....

It is pretty roomy, only problem is the little slots for balls in the plastic insert in there are sized for 38mm ones. I actually got mine on ebay 3 years ago from a Canadian estate auction along with a Yasaka "Winner" J-pen blade and a few olympic 38mm nittakus. 
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 2:20am
The weight is average, like 1lb maybe? Nice and robust case however (andro).
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

I have one like this also, except in silver with a wooden insert for holding the blades.  They are nearly indestructible. I have a double TSP case with a foam insert I've had even longer.  My favorite was a Schildkrot double case, unfortunately I had used the back of it to reglue for years.  Now I'm afraid all that glue buildup on the case would contaminate my new blades and so my old favorite has retired, a shame since no one had one like it.

Now I'm using a Galaxy double case.  http://news.yinhe1986.cn/?p=12&a=view&c=132&r=518

Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic