Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Omega V series help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nicasiotko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicasiotko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Omega V series help
    Posted: 01/06/2018 at 1:19am
Hello,

Just a quick question: are there any rubbers out there that play similar to Bluefire M3 but isn't as heavy? 

Cheers

Edited by Nicasiotko - 01/08/2018 at 4:22am
Sponsored Links

MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2018 at 3:05am
Xiom Omega Euro VII, read the review via google translate here: http://www.tt-spin.de/xiom-omega-vii-euro/ and you can buy it in Australia here: https://www.justtabletennis.com.au/product/xiom-omega-7-euro/ but hurry only 8 left in stock! Max rubber weight around 41g. 

Or, Gewo Hype XT Pro 40, read the review here via google translate: http://www.tt-spin.de/gewo-hype-xt-pro-40-0-test/, should be readily available in a lot of TT stores. Max rubber weight around 43g.

The Xiom will be more offensive and a touch harder and faster than M3 but with more spin, the Hype XT Pro will be comparable to the M3. 

The Xiom is good if you can handle the extra speed, early reports suggest it has good control to compensate for the speed and its design is specifically to reduce weight whilst retaining spin and speed of heavier rubbers. The Hype XT Pro will allow you to maintain the level of control you have with M3. 

These are my opinions, I am by no means an equipment expert (like Yogi, Andy Smith, Next Level etc).  

Edited by MydasDiablo - 01/06/2018 at 4:10am
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2018 at 3:16am
Post updated, was having trouble getting the links working correctly (user error!).
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2018 at 4:12am
Bluestorm Z3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicasiotko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2018 at 5:02am
will have a read of those recommendations  

:)
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2018 at 5:04am
Try the Palio AK47 if you want a fast rubber that's one of the lightest there are.
Blue is great for backhand flicks. Red for forehand.

Also low cost

Edited by Lightzy - 01/06/2018 at 5:05am
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2018 at 7:25am
Donic boue storm z3 is similar but much lighter.
Also joola rhyzer 43.

Edited by jackass22 - 01/06/2018 at 7:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicasiotko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 4:28am
I've read up on the Xiom Omega 7 (XO7) and might actually give that a go.

In the meantime, can someone give me a breakdown on differences b/w Omega 5 Euro/Pro & Tour.

What I'm looking for when next upgrading rubbers is better grip on topsheet for greater spin generation on brush/ thin contact loops (I almost never drive loop kill) than the current M3 and JP03 that I'm currently using.

In terms of sponge hardness would Tour be hardest followed by Pro>Euro?

It's a real sh*tstorm trying to piece together Xiom's rubber range.

Hope someone can summarise it for me.

Cheers.
Kontra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kontra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 6:57am
http://blog.tabletennis11.com/xiom-omega-v-pro-euro-asia-tour-reviews
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic